i just dont get it about GTA series

O

old.ondor

Why so many people love so much GTA3 and GTA vice city

i find the games completly boring..... and pointless
most missions aint fun.. and it gets drool after some point
driving physics aint great and 3rd person mode is average!!
and last, most people dont play the missions.. they just roam around to steal a good looking car and start a massacre!
wow thats fun

S

Sibanac

We like it cuase driving physics are fun, we can steal good looking cars beat up hookers and start masacers ! oh and shoot ppl !!

duh

J

Jonaldo

Why do people find RPG's fun? All you do is walk around for hours, talking to people and having repetitive fights, while using some pointless item to do something every now and then.

Football fun? just running around in a field kicking a ball into a net while knocking each other all over the place and getting injured?

Watching movies fun? sitting there doing nothing while watching some fantasy world that you'll never be involved in and wished your life could be that glamorous.

Sex fun? pushing various parts of your anatomy into someone elses while exchanging fluids and getting it all wrong while you pretend it's great ;)

Everything could be broken down into monotonous tasks, the fact is most of those things can be fun when combined into games/sports/pastimes/hobbies/habits.

The fact that the GTA series are some of the biggest selling games in console history and just about everyone loves them except you doesn't make you wonder if maybe you are missing the point or possibly being a bit negative about them somewhat?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Massacres in GTA are overrated.

Mafia... Tommy Gun - nuff said. ;)

A

Arnor

gta is/was a very innovative game (cept carmageddon/quarantine) there was none even remotely like it.

Its huge fun, imo just to get in a car, kill some ppl, and run from the police/kill more ppl.

It gets dull in the long run, but what doesnt?

O

old.Xarr

i think most people love the freedom you have in the game. that's what tickled me.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by old.ondor
Why so many people love so much GTA3 and GTA vice city

i find the games completly boring..... and pointless
most missions aint fun.. and it gets drool after some point
driving physics aint great and 3rd person mode is average!!
and last, most people dont play the missions.. they just roam around to steal a good looking car and start a massacre!
wow thats fun

Bit late to be complaining now though don't you think?

O

old.ondor

The fact that the GTA series are some of the biggest selling games in console history and just about everyone loves them except you doesn't make you wonder if maybe you are missing the point or possibly being a bit negative about them somewhat?

well sims sell better... i hate them more then GTA
If a product os selling that makes it great? do they call u sheep?

i just say my opinion coz a few people dont like GTA and i believe its TOTALY overated.... i like games with deep story and a reason for doing something!
And yes i dont like killing hookers for no reason, with weak gameplay and crapy gore...

duh

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Maybe we don't care about your opinion.

Maybe it sells so well because a lot of people enjoy playing it.

There are plenty of reasons for wanting to kill hookers:

1) They took your money. Tsk tsk.
2) They broke the springs on your brand new Mafia Sentinal. Grr.
3) They call me 'Sugar'. Nobody calls me Sugar! NOBODY!!1
4) There seem to be a lot around. Makes killing them a lot easier than, say, triad members who are located in one small section of the town.

So, what games DO you like?

O

old.ondor

Maybe we don't care about your opinion.
So, what games DO you like?
hm....

my best game ever: Grim fandago (aint killing hookers there)

and i expected logical answers...

about game mechanics and staff u loved about GTA
then explaining why u kill hookers....

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.ondor
then explaining why u kill hookers....

Because rl hookers laugh about him and offer refunds?

I

inuyasha

violence sell
girls sell
cars sell
guns sell
sex sell
games sell
Go figure it out ^_^

O

old.Tohtori

From a gamedev's point of view again:

Graphics ain't that great, but since i like the game i'm willing to forgive it.

Missions ain't that great, but since i like the game i'm willing to forgive it. (Most games have a repeatative missions because most games have a repeatative missions.)

Storyline is a bit Mafia yet lacking a bit, but since i like the game i'm willing to forgive it. (And saving a kingdom from ultimate doom is brand new spanking concept.)

Braking the law is fun, boring after 50h of play...actually no i still like to do it. (Did i mention how fun is to tear up the city with an apache attack helicopter?)

All in all, it's the best one out there of that particular style. We have hitman(not the same), Mafia(close but no cigar) and such. IT is simply the best violence/sex(where?)/brake the law game out there. If you're the best you sell. Why did Halo sell so much? Gods only know but people loved it. Who knows, maybe some day pong comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom