i have herd a lot about this game is it good???

R

R1PP3R

Wats the game like is it good to get?? and how much is it??

O

old.LandShark

remind me not to take up DoD anytime soon
*cough*

OK, DAoC is good, yes, but most of the fun comes from it being a social game. Far more so than, say, DoD ;)
It costs anywhere from 15 to 20 quid to get the game, after that it's £6 subscription per month, or £17 per 3 months, or £30 per 6 months.
You should bear in mind that DAoC, like all MMPORG's, can be very time-consuming and to get the most fun out of it you'll probably need to invest a fair bit of time in it.

O

old.tRoG

you WILL invest a fair bit of time into into it, because it is very, very, very addictive.

be warned though, it's not a big 3,000 player fps as some people think ;)

if thats what you're after go have a look at planetside.

C

Cerverloc

Yup, and like said this game is very addictive and lot of time needs to be invested.

A

Aileanara

Originally posted by Cerverloc
Yup, and like said this game is very addictive and lot of time needs to be invested.

OK I agrre its addictive. but disagree with lots of time needs to be invested. (OK lots of time if you want to do realm versus realm [fighting other players]. )
but I dont really invest that much time (perhaps 4 hours a week Max)
You can take it at your own pace no problem.

R

R1PP3R

kewl thx for that i mite go get it

AND THE NOWT WRONG WITH DoD lol

V

Vell

With a name like R1PP3R, and your little pic, put together with the fact you seem to be unable to write English properly, I think it's fairly safe to say you probably won't enjoy this game. It's more aimed at players who can act as if they're over the age of 5.

O

old.Mousah

and one more thing, get used to dying...IT NEVER STOPS! :)

O

old.ShadowBlood

With a name like R1PP3R, and your little pic, put together with the fact you seem to be unable to write English properly, I think it's fairly safe to say you probably won't enjoy this game. It's more aimed at players who can act as if they're over the age of 5.

Bet you had a good 5 minute gorp at that Pic though ;)
or am i just a perv?
schmuddel06.gif
schmuddel04.gif
schmuddel10.gif

~V~

V

Vell

Given that I'm a female <Vell watches the whole room gasp in amazement - a female playing a MMORPG!> I can safely say I didn't.

Bu then again, I am that way inclined. So maybe I'll have a good look later when I'm not at work.

C

cadiva

But how....

Originally posted by Alrindel
Plenty of women play MMORPGs, although I just learned today that the percentage of women in DAoC is only half that of EverQuest, which surprised me.

How does he work that out though?

I'm a girl too btw ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Ok... :clap: for Vell's comment... couldn't have said it better.

and... eek... always thought Vell was a big, hairy guy in RL.
;)

Oh... Alrindel - it is rather 5% females in EQ. Some "guys" are just really good at impersonating the other sex. I honestly don't believe that 30k+ females are playing EQ... really not.
*remembers an oh-so-feminine beastmaster who had a wife and three children but hit on guys in-game*
You might want to call them fags. Harrr...

Edit: And get fucking rid off your retarded avatar. It's not like kids are playing DAoC...

A

Alrindel

Oh... Alrindel - it is rather 5% females in EQ. Some "guys" are just really good at impersonating the other sex. I honestly don't believe that 30k+ females are playing EQ... really not.
Well, on the one side we have an academic paper written by someone who surveyed several thousand american MMORPG players and then published his conclusions, statistical analysis and methodology, and on the other hand we have your finely tuned gaydar that tells you that "they" are all cunning, lying fruits.

Somehow, amazingly, I find his argument more convincing than yours. :rolleyes:

O

old.Greggor

Originally posted by Vell
Bu then again, I am that way inclined. So maybe I'll have a good look later when I'm not at work.

Mebbe u should hook up with jaenelle Hib/pryd ?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hehehe...

Actually... there is two things I can't stand.
Homophobes.
and gays in the subway.

How was that 'academic' paper done? Did Sony/Verrant give out customer data? Or did some college boy run around in-game and asked people what sex they are?
My 'gaydar' information was actually based on the comments of a GM (a female even... I think so at least;)).

I know a lot of females play EQ (gee, my wife used to play it pre-DAoC..) but to claim that 50% of the playerbase is female, is a bit over the top. Make it 10% at max.*shrugs* Not that I care.

A

Alrindel

Um, apparently you didn't actually look at the link, or his site.

His methodology is here: http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/methodology.html

And he doesn't "claim that 50% of the playerbase is female" - he figures that it's about 11.7% for EQ and 6.4% for DAOC. He also points out that during over the course of his surveys (a couple of years) the percentage of female players in EQ has varied from 12 to 16%. And he goes on to make some very interesting conclusions based on the survey responses about who plays UO, EQ and DAOC, and why some games appeal more to certain kinds of gamers.

ps. "DAOC players scored significantly lower on the Relationship factor than EQ or UO players" Well, colour me surprised! :rolleyes:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Oops.. my bad then - got the 50% confused. But my 10% was close.

On the other hand... wasn't it Winston Churchill saying:
"I don't believe in statistics I haven't forged myself."?;)

And no... I don't mind gays. Well, as long as they don't start prodding me with extended parts of their anatomy...

O

old.tRoG

what, like their fingers? ;)

honestly, i'll have to hide this dirty forum from m'lady like some firbies hide luri pr0n from their mammies.

just look at R1PP3Rs avatar :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.tRoG
just look at R1PP3Rs avatar :p

*starts hollering for Brinx respectively Smaldini(tm)*

K

Kagato.

Typical, I don't bother reading this thread till the infamous avatar has been removed ! dammit now the curiosity is gonna kill me !

Care to explain what was so bad about it?

Actually on this subject, where can I get some nice Avatar pics?

Oh yes as for the topic itself, erm whats DoD ? Tried like hell and can't think of any decent current games out with those initials. So its either old or im out of touch with things (Dammit Mythic, you owe me a social life).

And just to throw a spanner in the works of statistics, my armsman nearly always plays in a group of 4 with the other 3 all being female clerics and all 3 are also real life women. Maybe im just lucky, or maybe female gamers arn't as rare as you think, I seem to know quite alot who are proven real life women, not just good roleplayers (and if you have been on the net any length of time you can usually catch out all but the very best roleplayers anyway).

C

Col|

Kagato.

underneath the posts are 4 small options, click on profile and it will bring up that persons details that they've entered, the Avatar is there. As for DoD, that'll be Day of Defeat, a WWII FPS mod that uses the Half Life engine, it's not bad, as FPS games go, but its still doing the beta rounds (bit like DAoC seems to be sometimes).

O

old.Xarr

hey you hijacked poor r1pp3s thread! ^^

as for crossdressers in mmorpg's (guys playing gals); yes it happens alot and it's scary. you should have some special code that you can enter so the game knows you're female before it lets you choose a female avatar... or something. hehe crap i'm tired T_T

keke~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom