I have an idea

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Please please please, make 2 BG's, one for fuckin stelthers and one for visible players.

It's just past a joke, it's not a game anymore, it's like playing minesweeper with your eyes closed.

The worst implementation of stealth ever.

Let the invisible killers sneak around each other all day and the visible players can get back to good old blastin wackin fun.

Yes I've been pwned all week by stealth zergs, but it's about as fulfilling as going LD every 2 mins.

Marc

FH is my second home
Job said:
It's just past a joke, it's not a game anymore, it's like playing minesweeper with your eyes closed.

made me chuckle :D

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
I'd agree with that o_o

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ, wrong account... Sec...

THIS SHOULD BE ON OVERDRIVEN.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Above post was by me, Gotrag didn't log out at my house >.<

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Stealth was a "late addition" to DAoC.
It was poorly conceived and badly implemented.
It should never have made it past the first patch to be honest.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
make a simple rule, the further you move away from a keep, the lower your stealthability gets.. 100% of your spec in 1000 units range from a keep lowering to 10% at 2000 units range from a keep... problem solved.

This way the stealthers still keep their keepspy ability, but are >normal light tanks< for the rest of the time

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Stealths always seemed werid to me, I mean im watching this dude like 12 feet in front of me, on an open hibby golf course and he just dissapears! Thats not stealth thats magicaly turn 100% invisible with infinite duration and no mana consumption spell in any other game!

I would at least tweak it so you couldnt stealth in plain view or when someone has you targeted.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, or just that stealth is actually stealth like in stealth-games! Lost me?
Ever played Thief III? Or Vampire: Bloodlines. Or basically anything with a lightmeter. Something similar would be nice for DAoC.

Less overpowered stealthiness and no tools like truesight.

*yawns*

And, I'm sure that some stealther is itching to write a whine about sorcerers and stuff, I suggest that you may your own thread!

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Yeah, or just that stealth is actually stealth like in stealth-games! Lost me?
Every played Thief III? Or Vampire: Bloodlines. Or basically anything with a lightmeter. Something similar would be nice for DAoC.

Less truesight and less overpowered stealthiness.

amen, though i guess we would all have to run around shining torches into dark corners ;)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
amen, though i guess we would all have to run around shining torches into dark corners ;)
That'd look a lot better than those current torches we have.
Y'know, the invisible ones? *grins*

Hey, we could also throw in a bit Black & White and replace the caster's Quickbar with Mouse Gestures!

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Hey, we could also throw in a bit Black & White and replace the caster's Quickbar with Mouse Gestures!

Only if I can teach my pet too, I want an underhill ally that poos on dead kobbys :D

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
You visables have far more ways to hinder/uncover/annoy stealthers now than ever before yet your whining about stealth... WTF?

I'd take a guess at whats actually P****** you off is the massive influx of archer class's think thats a feeling shared amongst everyone but the archers themselves but nerfing stealth further is not the answer to that problem.

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
I've recently been running around 25-29 BG and I keep an NS in the group, he finds and pops stealthers and we kill them. Some times they pop him and we kill them. Sometimes they get to PA someone in the group, yes we have a healer, healer heals, we kill them.

Just my BM and the NS have killed 4 or 5 Alb stealthers with no healing.

Stealth zerg ? Pah, kill them :p

In short the game is about grouping, different characters with different abilities working together to achieve a goal. If you want to run solo then pick a class that has a chance to live solo. If you want to duo then pick 2 classes that complement each other, else run in a group and change the group member classes depending on what you need to do. So, to kill a stealth zerg go against the normal ingrained "omg cant group a stealther ffs i dont want to gimp the group" attitude and group with a couple they can be very helpful :p

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
So your blaming Stealth classes because people want to play together?

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm... Interesting thoughts here indeed. As a stealther myself (i have a 50 mincer and scout) i agree to some things and disagree to others.

One thing i've thought about is making your chance to remain unseen bigger in certain surroundings (like when your'e in a forest for example, more trees=more stuff to hide among) And smaller in others (out on a plain for example, nothing to hide behind=you can't sneak up on someone).
No idea how hard this would be to implement but as almost every little part of NF has it's own "area name" it might be possible to tie a bonus to stealth in some of these areas ans a stealth nerf to others.

Getting something like this would be good both roleplay-wise and for those who prefer to try and stay away from stealthers. It'd also encourage a "stealth warfare" instead of stealthers camping every chokepoint avaliable in the frontiers.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
remove stealth and givf my rocket launcher :<

they should nerf archers stealth imo thats funny atm how archers can stalk assassins rly mythic made a great job there giving stealth advantage to archers and assassins had it since beta zzz :l

and if u want to lower stealth if u are on plains etc then all stealthers ill go camp forest and all non stealthers ill avoid forest and it ill suck

and saying stealth is op compared to others games its bs when i look at UO u can stealth with any chars maybe not the same method but still kinda close :p

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Loving my new stealth detection ability tbh :)
one happy scout.

Gamah

Banned
I was really expecting something like

"I have an idea..why dont you all f off andf die you zerging alb n00b0bs"

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:
Loving my new stealth detection ability tbh :)
one happy scout.
yea and with NF must be fun to camp tower for hours having 64848 range and if u go outside np u can see assassins inc to u and avoid them or even pop them with bow.. rly fun but assassins dont have range and its fecking boring to go at towers with assassins gettting shot by archers at like 600 radius and u dont even notice before u get shot lol its like a mini ts so ofc who wouldnt love it..a dumbass? :eek:

Gamah

Banned
Araudry said:
yea and with NF must be fun to camp tower for hours having 64848 range and if u go outside np u can see assassins inc to u and avoid them or even pop them with bow.. rly fun but assassins dont have range and its fecking boring to go at towers with assassins gettting shot by archers at like 600 radius and u dont even notice before u get shot lol its like a mini ts so ofc who wouldnt love it..a dumbass? :eek:

So scouts have a chance vs assasins in how many years? Just because your bottom on the food chain after being so long on top...put the toys back in the pram and get on with playing.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What I'm getting at (always getting at, I have +50 in repeat whine).

All the good fun fights in BG are always ended prematurely by stealth, why bother havin good 10 on 10 scrap, they just send in stealth=all Hibs insta dead.

Your'e stood there waitng for a good blastin session, but as you do 4 freakin stelthers are positioning themselves around your healers casters, then blam....all back to the keep, repeat rinse repeat.

This all originated from 2 non- DAOC friends watching me play, our grp was insta-killed 3X, by stealth zerg, we didnt cast a single spell, my mates were like...that's freakin shit that game, why don't you play one of those invisible characters....yeah why don't I?

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
So scouts have a chance vs assasins in how many years? Just because your bottom on the food chain after being so long on top...put the toys back in the pram and get on with playing.
i have seen many archers (i m not talking for scout only) pwning assassins pre NF even tho assassins had the jump but u dont see many 1vs1 fight also with all zergling adding around
remember pre NF archers had purge ts ip ap or most of them ofc not counting FZ ps (all artis som etc) heat lw with 15% bonus we cant get 15% bonus on archers so yes archers were able to kill any assassins pre NF
if u ask me NF is the big nerfbat for assassins..

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
What I'm getting at (always getting at, I have +50 in repeat whine).

All the good fun fights in BG are always ended prematurely by stealth, why bother havin good 10 on 10 scrap, they just send in stealth=all Hibs insta dead.

Your'e stood there waitng for a good blastin session, but as you do 4 freakin stelthers are positioning themselves around your healers casters, then blam....all back to the keep, repeat rinse repeat.

This all originated from 2 non- DAOC friends watching me play, our grp was insta-killed 3X, by stealth zerg, we didnt cast a single spell, my mates were like...that's freakin shit that game, why don't you play one of those invisible characters....yeah why don't I?
dont talk about bg 3/4 of ppl there are stealthers alt :eek:
and my infil was made for bg too untill i hit cap in one night :p

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Araudry said:

Awww :fluffle:

Gamah

Banned
Araudry said:
i have seen many archers (i m not talking for scout only) pwning assassins pre NF even tho assassins had the jump but u dont see many 1vs1 fight also with all zergling adding around
remember pre NF archers had purge ts ip ap or most of them ofc not counting FZ ps (all artis som etc) heat lw with 15% bonus we cant get 15% bonus on archers so yes archers were able to kill any assassins pre NF
if u ask me NF is the big nerfbat for assassins..

Did you know my sc is lacking 10% heat..yey :p..only weak spot on the template though ><

Ok fair points but the general concenses was Assasins > Archer classes ever since see hidden came in.

Not actully played my minstrel in RvR since toa came in..almost ready again though so I will be able to see the contrast more clearly..

From the looks of the ra's we got assraped uber hard in the new patch though..and from playing my SM on excal archers have a STUPID range...its so god damn anoying to be 2500 units away and still being shot for 400 every few seconds.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
The noun "scout" has 3 senses in WordNet.

1. lookout, lookout man, sentinel, sentry, watch, spotter, scout, picket -- (a person employed to watch for something to happen)
2. scout, talent scout -- (someone employed to discover and recruit talented persons (especially in the worlds of entertainment or sports))
3. scout, pathfinder, guide -- (someone who can find paths through unexplored territory)

Maybe scouts can now live up to their name? (except mabye the talent bit :eek6: )

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
I've onyl just started playing an Inf and am a bit new to the whole thing. But I dont see the problem.

If I see a fg of hibs/mids run by i keep well clear. I'm not gonna pop on a fg and risk dying. I tend to go for the soloers runnin to the battles. I also let people in the BGs know where mids/hibs are/heading to, that is after all what stealthers are for, to keep others in the know of the enemy and to pick off the odd person here and there. On tower takes I tend to steer clear of them, as cant climb the walls, so im pretty useless, but on keep take/defense I like to get in the action, climb the walls take out the gits using the seige weapons to batter my fellow albs etc.

It's all part of the game etc. And fun on both sides imo.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Tsabo said:
I've onyl just started playing an Inf and am a bit new to the whole thing. But I dont see the problem.

If I see a fg of hibs/mids run by i keep well clear. I'm not gonna pop on a fg and risk dying. I tend to go for the soloers runnin to the battles. I also let people in the BGs know where mids/hibs are/heading to, that is after all what stealthers are for, to keep others in the know of the enemy and to pick off the odd person here and there. On tower takes I tend to steer clear of them, as cant climb the walls, so im pretty useless, but on keep take/defense I like to get in the action, climb the walls take out the gits using the seige weapons to batter my fellow albs etc.

It's all part of the game etc. And fun on both sides imo.
thats the problem i think

also i find that funny in mid keep they have 68498 sb guards and alb get armsman? instead wtf.. havent checked hib keep but wouldnt be surprised if i see 68498 nightshades guard

also have to mention hib have dock on dc isle while mid and alb have their dock past bridge i find that fecking gay ..

/whines off :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom