I have a feeling...

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
that you get a hidden +1-3% bonus to all resistance for every realm rank you reach. I have noticed it over and over, eh...the fact that I hit harder against low rr:s and this without the bonuses that comes with high rr; better ras, better buffs and items(at least in many cases).

Anyone else got that feeling? :>

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
that you get a hidden +1-3% bonus to all resistance for every realm rank you reach. I have noticed it over and over, eh...the fact that I hit harder against low rr:s and this without the bonuses that comes with high rr; better ras, better buffs and items(at least in many cases).

u get more af at rr5 :p thats it I think :)

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
You get a bonus vs Warder fotm infils and that is your superior IQ

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
rr5 gives an increase in dmg cap to 16.5 (from 16.2) and af cap to 102/51 (from 100/50). Thats all that is known/listed anyway (as far as i know anyway).
As far as hitting harder on lower rr's it might just be becase they arent indeed capped in all resists/hits/stats/skills - even if they have sc'ed equipment i believe some people dont bother learning the caps, how sc works, and how to put together an optimal sc config that lets them cap everything.
Of course, there might actually be some additional hidden bonus.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
It's known stats increase at r5 ;o .. prolly that the warders usually dont have a bb giving them af buff, or they didnt bother about capping all resists etc yet at that rr?

i dunno, but usually hit hard vs low rr's y

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
well I hit harder on low RR SBs aswell but that is prolly because they don´t have SC armor ^^

and btw mids ffs don´t add when I´m fighting vs 2 stealthers ... I can´t kill 3 :(

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:

and another reason might be because they don´t have a spec AF buff...
it makes a huge diff when u are solo :m00:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
ye i agree the higher the rr of the person the more dedicated he wuld be, thus having all capped stats etc.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
lots of ppl has SC before RR2 ..

i think that RR is included in any RvR encounter we have (evades,resists etc etc)... of cause i cant prove this but just seems that way..

i stoped playing my minser at 8,3 but in the last RR's he got really stronger and stonger in a way that the RA's and + to skills imho couldnt explain...

just a feeling i got .. but funny that jox got same idea

emma

Loyal Freddie
Must be something to do with RR cos ive never been hit for 562 dmg before with a 1h weapon. Which is what cougar managed with a slash claw on my hero with 29% slash resist using Reinf armour ;p

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
Must be something to do with RR cos ive never been hit for 562 dmg before with a 1h weapon. Which is what cougar managed with a slash claw on my hero with 29% slash resist using Reinf armour ;p

yar claw of d00m

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Filip said:

my shammy is RR3 and still runs in epic :mad:

mostly coz i cant be arsed to farm the 10 or whatever plat i need to get a MP set and SC'd/alched :)

im gonna wait and get me the ToA armour insted... :p alot cheaper :)

begach

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:

Dunno tbh. Might have sommin to do with experience, pride (you couldn't possibly lose to some lower RR right?; not a piss take, me included), determination (see pride) and the change when you actually do hit RR5 solo. The game changes like any game with a reward system that degrades as you grow stronger. It becomes less about the reward (RA's) an more about the win.

I don't RvR with my bard to gain rps anymore. The rps I get solo in a night doesn't even make a scratch on a realm level once you hit a certain RR. It's about you winning the other guy.

The RR's and RA's from design are more easily achieved, especially at low RR, than imo the most valuable commodity in this game. Experience. Only by seriously fuckin up do you learn why you shouldn't do sommin and there's no PL short-cuts for that (hense the high volume of RR5+ stealth nuubers in all realms who have the RR's and still can't solo for shit).

That is why DH could face RG/BC together and win with no BoF to assist v's the 2 tank groups (from the vid - the most impressive fight i've seen in 2 years of playing).

Long and short a low RR thinks about rps and rps only because it IS the quick win. That imo is why a high RR wins. An experienced player thinks about winning an knows from experience (knowledge of items, techniques, stratergy) how to achieve this whether solo or fg. Equal everything an i'd still put my money on the guy who's put countless days in learning his game.

B.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:

i think that RR is included in any RvR encounter we have (evades,resists etc etc)... of cause i cant prove this but just seems that way..

i stoped playing my minser at 8,3 but in the last RR's he got really stronger and stonger in a way that the RA's and + to skills imho couldnt explain...

just a feeling i got .. but funny that jox got same idea

In your case it might be these last patches upped the mincer class pretty much too.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:

Dont forget that savages now have access to new weapons (since the patch) with 4.0 spd (old max was 3.7) and this makes them deal more dmg despite the nerf - in fact, the savages ive spoken to since the patch seem to agree their overall dmg has increased since the patch.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
In your case it might be these last patches upped the mincer class pretty much too.

i havn't played my minser with the new patch ... stealther wars are boring imho and my new FOTM theurg has a much greater impact on the fg vs fg (all though those figths are nearly impossible to get)

if there is an over all RR bonus i think it would be very hard to test it beucase im sure it is very small ... but i think there is some unstatet bonus's with RR's

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
in fact, the savages ive spoken to since the patch seem to agree their overall dmg has increased since the patch.

This is fantastic news! Im so glad that mythic have decided to give more boosts to those poor poor underpowered ... wait a minute wtf. :puke:

Anyways, back on topic. Rather than speculate why not do dmg tests in duels vs low realm ranks to see if there is any actual proof to your theories. Personally i think its all in your head, and its just experience/equip that is to blame.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno tbh my DD's seem to hit for much more on lower RR's

of course this may be to them being in shit groups with shit resists?

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Fedaykin said:
I dunno tbh my DD's seem to hit for much more on lower RR's

of course this may be to them being in shit groups with shit resists?
That must have been my 48 hero yesterday in odins :p, fully sced etc, just no quest jewellry yet. Damn you pwned my badly there.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
some low rr infils have aimed for a higher RR spec so many running around with only lvl 37debuff, and you will hit harder

Javlar

Fledgling Freddie
Well also keep in mind that high rr chars most have gotten their class-specific ra's and can start chuncking into passive ra's such as Avoidance of Magic.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Do not see any difference in the damage I take with my RR3 champion or my RR8 druid. I take these two since they got same armour (scale).

I do not believe there is something in the game as hidden bonus to resists when you gain a RR.

Magic damage dealt to you can be checked (in a duel) by calculating resists and then duel someone else (way) higher RR.

At RR5 you gain abit higher AF which lowers melee-damage dealt to you slightly.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Do not see any difference in the damage I take with my RR3 champion or my RR8 druid.

you are stlong brehon then, edit your sig! :)

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
Well I do find it weird we still get mezzed so easy and the high RRs are like resisting walls... Even with all buffs and sorcerer thingie on.

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
some low rr infils have aimed for a higher RR spec so many running around with only lvl 37debuff, and you will hit harder

Thanks to 2.5 specpoints the n00b infils only needs rr2 for best debuff,

With auto:
50 thrust
50 dualwield
34 stealth
35 envenom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom