I have a dream.

L

Lambsbreed

This is how i would like this game to be:

--- === ---

Remove the current alliance system completely.

Add a ingame realm-leader-election-system.

Elected leader unique _ingame_ options:
- ability to appoint "raid-leaders"(defensive and offensive) for each realm, at any moment of his choosing.

Pointed out "realm-leader" _ingame_ options:
- Map, with frontier overview.
- Ability to assign fullgroups to his "crowd", that will have their current position live updated on his map.
- Ability to assign scouts/couriers that can /mark locations where enemys are discovered with the aprox. number of groups, and direction headed; /mark <#fgs> <direction(N/NW/W/SW/S/SE/E/NE)>. This will cause a red circle with the numbers to pop up on leaders map, where he can immediatly order his "crowd" or parts of his crowd to go to that location.
- Ability to "order" a group to go to location of leaders choice. This will cause the groupleader ordered to move to have a overview over what direction to go, and how far to go in the given direction.
- Ability to remove marked locations.

Scout options:
- Mark enemy locations.

Groupleader options:
- map over zone he's currently in.
- ability to "call for assistance" (marking group on leader's map yellow)

--- === ---

I bet you have been putting your alt char outside DF entrance because "Someone else will make sure we got DF later today".

I can allso asure you that you have been asking your alliance "When is the next TG Raid?", if not asked, you have most certainly seen it and thought for yourself; "yeah.. when is that" and been waiting for an answer that probably never came up.

You have allso most certainly been thinking about "how nice it might have been to take the relic from the albs/hibs/mids sometime soon, and attend, cos it's fun".

You probably even asked your guildmates "when is the next guildhunt in <random dungeon>?".

When some random bloke suddenly screams "albs at relic!!" in alliance chat, someone usually starts a chatgroup, and you can be sure about multiple questions will pop up in chatgroup like: "who is in charge?", "where are we going?", "what are we going to do?", "why are we not moving?", "why are you moving alone?", "CHAAARGEEE!", "rez at mountain near tree", "where do we meet?", "Where is the zerg?". questions like this will go on and on and on.

Problem is that most players in each realm seem to be 100% apathic, and don't care about how things turn out. You can be sure that the exp-groups in malmohus will never dissolve even tho our relic keep is under heavy siege, you can bet that a nice fg in emain won't leave emain because they are rp horny.

Another problem is lack of leadership and strong leaders that are respected, that people who feel they could lead this don't stand up and do, but instead waiting for someone to take command and tell what to do.

The only exceptions i know of is one certain person that plan relic raids, execute them with a certain amount of controll and respect from all other players attending to his raids.

This game certainly lack content, possibilities, variety and various ways of controlling crowds for leaders, having any overview about how current status/situation are looking.

What i certainly would like to see is people regaining their "love for their realm", and play the game as it was designed, but to be able to achieve this, mythic needs to implement ways to make this a _fun_ and rewarding thing beyond realmpoints, realmranks etc etc. So this is my thought about how this could have been done.

Final and only sollution:

Add more content to the game, or it will fade :(

O

old.Dillinja

I thought this was going to be a Kobold equality thread or something.

G

ghoul

so ...basically, you want to have a fidel castro in daoc?

L

Lambsbreed

I don't want a hitler/castro/bush-kind-of-way, but i would like to see leadership :) and if it could be implemented in a good way, i can't see how it would harm the game.

F

freeq

you played planetside too then?

:p

good ideas though :)

A

-ag-bometal

Would rock

But doesnt fit in a medieval setting

So wont happen :)

A

Arflane

if all guilds elect a representative who elect among them a leader say every week who is in charge of all rvr activity we can come a long way in making this a very interesting game ourself

S

Sortbane

some good ideas here :) saw in a thread a while ago (wishlist thingy) that in chat groups there should be a different color for the cg-leader (el biggo bosso) to give out the orders more effetivly.. woulkd be a good step towards some of your ideas :)

oh, and lambs.. stop sleeping, more coffee, more coke and get a job ;) (too many dreams come from that).. oh, and in 12 months it'll be southern asia time when I get the dimme-cash-el-monatos ;)

L

Lambsbreed

read pm sortbane! :p

And yeah, asia is still my "endgame" :)

H

hercules-df

never work in alb, mid and hib could do it i reckon.

O

oldtimer

>but i would like to see leadership

I suspect there are a bit too many egos walking the realms and with no disadvantages in game for not taking the realm vs realm war as the most important thing with the rvr game, it takes herculean efforts to get things moving. Perhaps albs and hibs that are interested in elevating the rvr game into something more interesting than playing deathmatch should talk to Roo of Mid/Prydwen who managed to unite the mids for several successful relic raids recently.

B

Blood

what are you going to do if the realm leader isnt online when the relics are attacked?

And what you describe we already have kindda tried.. the old old midgard alliance (aka the nemesis alliance), the 20 most rvr active guilds, with 3-4 alliance leaders that would hold relic fund and coordinate stuff.

It was also alot easier to get raids started back then.. when you could just use one /a to summon people.

K

kr0n

- ability to "call for assistance" (marking group on leader's map yellow)

Albs already got it. Tho it's called Call the Zerg.

S

skerit XP

Yea, kings and queens even exist now (a shame) and we might have ministers and all that shit, in that time the king made all the decisions, and he's dead and all, and it's kind of the reason why it's called 'the dark age of camelot', don't you think?

D

Driwen

arthur died but albion still has a king (or atleast according to the background stories of goa ;))

K

Keogh

Originally posted by kr0n
Albs already got it. Tho it's called Call the Zerg.

You try and make it sound like only Albs Zerg, but fail to acknowledge that Mids and Hibs Zerg as much, if not more, than albs ever do. Well Mids anyway.

E

etaew

id like to see a realm wide channel for rvr information so no alliance is missed out.. maybe where all keeps guard death spam is put too

S

Shaurr

Lambsbreed is totally correct, more sense in this realm thingy.

H

Hargh

You can't make people play a certain way just because others want them to. Sadly. :D
Because there are more rewards for RP Whoring than keep taking etc etc etc boring myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom