I hate scammers /em looks mad @ stirlopsed/sweetypie

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
i got scammed :(
it happened monday; my bf made a transfer on my acount from excal to camlann.
sweetypie was asking in broad if someone wanted to make a transfer from exc/mid to camlann.
he wanted 5P on excal for 4P on camlann. he said his internet conection was bad, was possible he would go ld... :s

my bf is writing a complaint to rightnow, dunno if it will help a lot, but the least thing goa can do is to give the names of all his alts so all peeps will know what kind of guy he is!!

i will post some screens later!!

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Marieke said:
my bf is writing a complaint to rightnow, dunno if it will help a lot, but the least thing goa can do is to give the names of all his alts so all peeps will know what kind of guy he is!!

Afraid that won't happen, GOA are pretty clear on this. Any transactions/trades made ingame are the players responsibility, not theirs - they don't 'Name and Shame' either.

Sorry for your loss, but unfortunatly since it was your choice to transfer cash with sombody you didn't 'know' there's nothing that can be done.

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
so we can all make an alt and scam all peeps we meet :s omg

Hakansson

Fledgling Freddie
Marieke said:

Yes , BUT you sure know how it feel's when a retarded person ruins your day so won't do it right? :fluffle:

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Marieke said:
sweetypie was asking in broad if someone wanted to make a transfer from exc/mid to camlann.
he wanted 5P on excal for 4P on camlann. he said his internet conection was bad, was possible he would go ld... :s

i will post some screens later!!

The fact that it wasn't even a 2:1 transfer ratio ought to raise an eyebrow. Also, not to forget, trading 'large' sums at a time with strangers isn't particularly wise either, just split it up - if it's a honest person, they usually don't mind agreeing to that.

Marieke said:

Not really. Every time you scam someone, you get attention. The more attention, the higher the probability of a GM pushing the 'ban' button - just take zaloman as an example, and he's far from the only scammer which has been banned, good riddance.

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
Marieke said:

This post always ends up on FH, Why dont people understand, Try Transfer with a guild friend, IRL friend, any one you can trust, not just a stranger you havent even spoken to be before..Its a very common Mistake that just keeps happening over and over again, Not happened to me yet, and never will.

Really sorry that you was scammed though :(

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
well as i said my bf made the transfer, when he told me it was already to late to stop it :s i would never have done it, i really dont thrust many peeps in this game!!

i know it is stupid, and i also know ratio 5:4 looks pretty suspicious, but than again, i dont see why gm's can kick those scammers and goa cant... even if they have the chatlogs etc... :s

and why i post this on FH?? TO WARN PEEPS?? duh!! and to know if someone knows his alts or main for instance? i really dont post this to move peeps to collect the lost money for me. LOL

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Sweetypie... has he sold his account maybe? Gave him a ton of gold and equipment on Alb/Pryd long time ago, he was really nice. Too bad :(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Hes exploited you, but you clicked the accept button, making it a fully legal transaction. I agree this kind of thing should be stopped, but its getting more rife as people find ways to get around others.

In effect, like the Dark Wolves guild in the US, we could all make alts, scam anyone stupid enough and get away with it. Id call it greifing players, but theres ways and means of doing it legally.

Sorry for your loss, thanx for the heads up on this chap, but your not the first and by no means the last.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I just hate the way GOA/Mythic lets scammers roam freely without any action taken.. Then again people are too trusty and fall too easily for obvious tricks and scams :(

The way things go, no one can trust anyone but their closest friends.

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
Lumikki said:
I just hate the way GOA/Mythic lets scammers roam freely without any action taken.. Then again people are too trusty and fall too easily for obvious tricks and scams :(

The way things go, no one can trust anyone but their closest friends.

couldn't agree with you more.
i think it's a great shame that we are unable to trust anyone anymore except our closest friends.
it' really upsets me that this nice game has turned to this.
but this is what happens when ppl buy accounts on e-bay and think they can do whatever they want and still be respected in-game just because they dont think they will be recognized afterwards.
but to their supprise, the realm is smaller then they think.
when they log on to the server and it says 2500+ players online, they think that it's alot of player, but thay do forget that it's only a few hundred lvl 50's on each realm.
if they would have played their char from lvl 1 i think that they would relize better how important it is to behave good to get in to grps and get trusted by ppl.

sad to see really..

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
well so far i heard, his sb is called Dach (dunno if it is on excall or camlann) and a lvl 50 sm on excall with a similar name...

anyone knows him? :O

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't say they let scammers roam freely, but if the CoC wasn't the way it was you could just as easily have different types of griefers trying to get trades reversed using the age old 'my little brother did it' routine. I know i'd be pissed off if I logged into my account to find the uber-cool weapon i'd just brought off sombody was missing and it turned out the guy i'd brought it from had recieved a better offer for it so he'd gotten GOA to reverse the trade. In this case it'd be even more complicated seeing as the scamming took place over two different servers.

And tbh I totally disagree with 'Naming and Shaming' anyway, even one mistake could irrepairably tarnish an honest players reputation forever (as has been the case a couple of times on FH)

Don't get me wrong, this isn't sympathy. I'm just trying to point out why it is the way it is even if you don't fully agree with it.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I think you might be reffering to Dachald i was an friend of him when i was an member of Horn Of Odin back in the days before ToA, nice fellow i think he rolled an SB after that almost sure on it.. But when i knew him he wouldt even get close to do something like this but long time since i heard from him tho :)

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Marieke said:
but than again, i dont see why gm's can kick those scammers and goa cant... even if they have the chatlogs etc... :s

I agree, why this game doesn't have a "official muling system" between chars on the same account is beyond me. And why is scams ok in this area, but not in all others? Ja ja, I know, you pressed "accept" but let's face it: that button could be named "hopeing not to be scammed" or "ok don't scam me not mofo", I really don't see the relevance.

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
Marieke said:
well so far i heard, his sb is called Dach (dunno if it is on excall or camlann) and a lvl 50 sm on excall with a similar name...

anyone knows him? :O

<The Silent Noise>
Dach SB mid/excal
Dachandt SM mid/excal

yes i know him.. sweetypie aint him tho.
i'll talk to him to check if he might have sold his acc.

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
and did u found out something? =O

*well i posted the same thread on camlann, and someone there used to group with sweetypie and gave me the name *dach*; the name of his main on midgard... but i can't be sure untill goa give us some names...*

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
sent him a PM today when i got online.. byt he went offline at the same second, so i got no reply.. i'll get back to you if he comes online again tonight

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
I agree, why this game doesn't have a "official muling system" between chars on the same account is beyond me. And why is scams ok in this area, but not in all others? Ja ja, I know, you pressed "accept" but let's face it: that button could be named "hopeing not to be scammed" or "ok don't scam me not mofo", I really don't see the relevance.

They add cloaks to sm/enchanter pets because that is a lot more important !

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
Officers and GM's from Horn of Odin are now on highest alert to contact Dach since most of them have known him for a coupple of years, and i doubt he would ever do something like this.

I hope he will contact you as soon as possible so there wont be any unwanted hassels.

Dachandi

Fledgling Freddie
I was just told ingame to look here....

its my chars, but wasnt me that played them...

ill will ofc pay you the money back....

ill be online tonight (1. nov).....

im very sorry about this and ill find out who have been using my acc to steal money...

FordFairlane

Fledgling Freddie
I really doubt it is Dach you are seeking, I've known him along time, and he was one of my officers, when I was GM for Horn of Odin. He is a honest and trustworthy fella. I've just spoken with him, and Im sure he'll post here very soon.

Kirania Lovecraft
Retired GM of Horn of Odin

Mjodarion

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, I know Dach IRL and he still has his account.

He havent been playing much on mid/exc in a long time, but we recently reopened The Silent Noise together for bout two days ago (dont think he have played here for over one and a half month.)

But im sorry to hear that you have been scammed by a person using Dachs account, cause I will bet my life on that he could never do a thing like that. He is aswell as me are looking into the matter and will try to find the person who have done this deed.

Ascetic of The Silent Noise

Dachandi

Fledgling Freddie
i just see something now...

that char was named sweetypie..... mine is called sweetiepie... wasnt my char then...

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
k this is the answer i got from goa!! realy rediculous!!

Response (CM) 11/02/2004 03:07 PM
Greetings
Unfortunately when you hit the accept button on the trade window you take responsibility for being a willing participant in the trade. We can not hold anyone responsible for you believing that they are honest enough to live up to their end of the deal.

I know it's rough, however you chose to agree.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

i chose to agree i got scammed or what?? CM of goa??

they didn't even gave the names of his other alts!! (i am gonna stay nagging for the names of his alts though)
this answer says to me: all go scam peeps and get rich!!! IT SEEMS TO BE LEGAL!! omg
not that i am gonna cry for 5p, but i am really surprised of goa in a bad way!! it s a big disapointment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom