I go LD every time I /release in thidranki or port in ToA zones

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I've just got an Asus K8N Mobo recently with an onboard LAN and when I use it I go LD every time I release in thidranki or port in ToA zones. It's just the middle icon going red square for about 1 min and after it the first icon goes red square too and I ld. While the middle square is red I can move and see the actions of other people and the world acts like I'm moving too, getting messages that a mob has hit my as example while I'm still in Hib Portal Keep on my screen...It just happens when I use the onboard lan, when I use my 3Com pci network card everything works perfect...Only thing that annoys me about the 3com network card is that it does make a very annoying noise when it's dloading/uploading data...The mobo has a NForce 3 chipset and I've tried several Nforce software as well as the newest, the ones that are on the Asus Driver disc and the newer ones on the Asus website. It doesnt make any difference. I'm not experiencing any problems when just surfing/downloading tho, never lost my connection with the onboard lan so far...Only happens in DAoC.

Please if someone knows a solution, would be awesome...It's strange that it just happens when I release or port in ToA, think it has to do with me zoning to a crowded area and the Onboard Lan goes crazy for some reason...Please would be nice if you could help out :)

ps I've got the 3Com network card disabled in windows/hardware just in case, when using the onboard lan...And when using the 3Com I disable the onboard lan in windows...3Com works great, no ld's at all but when I use the onboard lan this problem occurs :(

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
It's the hardware checksum thing again. Go to the properties of your onboard card and disable the option for hardware chacksum or checksum offload.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I've disabled "checksum offload". Hope it's solved now :)

thanks a lot, but whats the problem with this checksum thing? What does it exactly do after I release or port to a crowded zone so I go ld?

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Getting a similar problem with my new pc which is the nforce4 based A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard with the onboard nVidia gigabit nic, have been recommended to use the other onboard one - a Marvell Yukon gigabit nic but I did get an LD last night (which i hadn't seen very often before I got a new pc) - have to try out this method and see if it works if the problem continues. cheers :)

Now I just have to figure out why my d-link switch and d-link wireless access point refuse to talk to each other (but happily communicate with other devices/PCs) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom