Uncle Sick(tm)

Gifv quote, please. *is at work/ewul proxy etc.*
:(

P

[PS]Venom

Basically the opening thread opens and continues in this vien-

Dynaphrodite
PlanetSide Member posted 07-31-2003 11:10 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I was eating lunch today I noticed how strong the taste of a tomato is in a sandwich. It overpowers the taste of the meats, the lettuce, and even the mustard.
So I have a petition here to nerf the power of the tomato. I feel its taste is over-powered.

-Dyn

WastedEffort
PlanetSide Member posted 07-31-2003 11:11 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomato is not part of Planetside

Rilke
PlanetSide Member

posted 07-31-2003 11:11 AM user search report post
Just eliminate the Tomato in the next patch and say it wasn't how you meant it to be.

Plutonium-239
PlanetSide Member posted 07-31-2003 11:11 AM user search report post
Space Turnips are.

RapidDiscord
PlanetSide Member posted 07-31-2003 11:12 AM user search report post
if by nerf you mean remove it with those things you call "fingers".... just a thought

Jaggywaggy
PlanetSide Member posted 07-31-2003 11:14 AM user search report post
I agree, tomatos have too powerful a taste.

Then you get TwistPS saying this -

TwistPS
Developer posted 07-31-2003 01:25 PM user search report post
The tomato represents what we think is a good balance of short term flavor impact versus lasting damage. While it is strong and has some pretty severe squishy going on, it is not overpowered compared to the radish, or more importantly, the onion.
As always we will keep a close eye on the veggie balance. At the moment however, we are spending most of our resources on fixing the cut of the sandwich (we're aware that many times the little dangly pieces of bread at either end of the diagonal cut fall off, and it's annoying to us too). We would ask everybody to do the across the middle cut, but we're aware that is teh suck and makes you feel like you are in grade school again.

I hope everybody is looking forward to our bread fixes, and the upcoming hoagie, which we are designing now.

-Twist

And later on SporkFirePS saying this -

SporkfirePS
Developer posted 07-31-2003 02:52 PM user search report post
I have read this thread and passed your feedback along to the Designers for analysis of the balance of the tomato relative to other toppings in its class.
Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative
Many questions can be answered by reading the PlanetSide Game Info and FAQ

F

Faeldawn

They still arent adressing the crust issue ;)

T

Turamber

No, they'll end up buffing the tomato ... then, within a week, will realise that the tomato has become overpowering. The new revised tomato will be passed deemed fit for consumption within 2 days of testing ... sadly everyone who likes tomato will now realise they've got a cabbage instead.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

They should reduce the tomatoe splash damage.

imo

S

Spinky

So what was the tomato a euphemism for again? The penis or a lasher? <is confuddled>

P

[PS]Nova

I don't think it really was either, Spinky.. it was just a bit of satire about the constant nerf-whining on the official boards.

Of course, I could just be missing the point completely...

:p

J

Jupitus

It's nothing serious (so please don't try to make it so here either guys and gals) just good old-fashioned fun :D

I guess that's probably why I like it ;)

BTW - I'm off on hols for a week, so I'm assigning Uncle Sick to flame duty on Turamber and Esoteric while I'm gone and Spinky... just behave yourself :p :D ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Sir, yes, sir!

*heats up the cotton balls*

T

Turamber

Eh, what? <looks confused>

<readies some rotten, pre-nerf tomatoes>

Shouldn't always take me so seriously ^^

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

What's up with the "^^" crap lately? Pixie keeps spamming it in /o... now Tuwambo.

That`s like... d%dism at its best. :eek:

See? I counter your pre-nerf tomatoes with my has-yet-to-be-nerfed-aubergines of doom.
The Jackhammer of vegetables. Mwa-harr

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
What's up with the "^^" crap lately? Pixie keeps spamming it in /o... now Tuwambo.

That`s like... d%dism at its best. :eek:

QQ

:cool:

T

Turamber

^^ Must ... have ... street ... cred ... :p

By the way the old "TM" is A Bit Dated Now (TM) :D

^^

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

This means war!! °°

*goes to look for his handbag*

W

Will

Originally posted by Turamber
^^ Must ... have ... street ... cred ... :p

By the way the old "TM" is A Bit Dated Now (TM) :D

^^
™ is better.;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Will.
™ is better.;)

I know, I know... but tr0g kept spamming "™" left and right at this time - so I stuck with (tm) to be diffewent.

There goes the story of my nick. *blows nose*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom