I feel unwell: I was having fun in Malmo

R

Roo Stercogburn

Some rambling...

Yesterday logged on my bonedancer, Jink lvl47 and thought what the hell, I'll take him into Malmo - been soloing a helluva lot and some mindnumbing fast xp would make up for the pet AI killing me all the time. I had other things to do so didn't really bother much whether I got him grouped or not.

Couple of PM's to find out who had various lists and I trundled my toon down to Malmo, finding a clear path all the way to the lair.

Buffed everyone at the lair and settled down to wait, in RL took care of a few things that needed doing, coming back to watch the screen once in a while, but not all that worried if he ever got grouped or not.

Good grief, actually got a PM (there's been times I've PM'd listholders never to hear again if there was anything going on) and the the fun began.

As always with Malmo, peeps logged in, xp'd a bit, then went off, and were replaced by others. Realised quickly this was a bit different from many other Malmo trips.

I was having, er, fun.

I was wading in with Teh Stick and slapping draks around and generally having a hoot.
Nobody was whining, people were pretty much in the swing of things and with the usual odd casualty things were moving along nicely. Then we started running out of tanks. List was full of seers, but we were struggling to get tanks. Got us a lower level than usual tank into the group and got on with it. It was still working.

At one point we had 4 draks mezzed and nobody seemed keen to pull them. Being in that bugger-it kind of mood, I insta'd one of the draks and went into combat mode. Survived that. Ok, lets try another. Good grief, still alive. And so on. The tanks we had were good, but I got the feeling I was holding the agro somtimes. So I did some tests: after pulling a dogbreathed one, I'd then strafe once we were in melee to see if if the damned thing was still determined to eat me. It rotated around to face me. EEEEEK! Also realised that this meant the proper tanks who could use positional moves might like this.

As peeps were leaving and joining it became apparent peeling was... lacking. I've had it drummed into me too hard healer must survive even if it means you go down so I threw my pyjama clad smurf at a naughty drak that fancied some chainclad seer.

Erm, lived.

And thats when it really got mental. For a long period, as people were joining after that they would ask who the MA is and everyone would just shuffle around and mumble a bit. The tanks we had left in group were too low for normal MA but except when G2 decided to get naughty and pull mobs (was quite funny. Don't know if should admit this but G1 were tempted to let G2 get the agro and croak because of what they were doing but we couldn't bring ourselves to do it as they were a good bunch).

Died a few times during the proceedings. Not much a cloth-wearing feeblie can do when smacked for over 1K damage in a single hit and ain't no seer gonna keep you alive then. Sometimes I'd take a bit of damage from one, then one charging past would get me. Them's the breaks when you take a caster and play it frontline.

It was marvelous fun. Got level and left.

I think we had one wipeout the whole time I was there and one time we *should* have been wiped out but we had some really good players on the ball and topnotch CC.

Big thanks to the 2 listholders yesterday Solaris (might have spelling wrong) and Nerfmee who both did a bang up job in the most thankless task in Midgard. Players I remember that stood out yesterday were Hicup, Healerbandit, Melachi, Cindyz, Vox, Krag. Some mental pulling from Ormakoll (gratz on 50). Sinisters kept making me laugh pulling mobs before the MA was ready (bit of a giveaway when the mob charges straight at someone in G2 when G1 is pulling and CC beforehand) and G1 had basically to go charging off to peel someone in G2. Apologies to the peeps I've forgotten/not mentioned here but basically we had a whole long session and unusually for Malmo, a great bunch of peeps the whole time.

Then went RvR and slapped some hibbies around in Odins (and got slapped a bit too of course).

Very good day after some really bad times with the pet AI. (If you see Jink was just killed by... the death message is a lie. Its the healer pet that killed me again).

O

old.Spug

Yeah, its really odd when this happens... level 48 to 50 for kikya was amusing in malmo, sure I got lumbered with Cairn as a backup shaman, but I actually started to enjoy it whilst I was there... to the stage where I dont active twitch whenever I hear the word "list" anymore...

S

Suedish

Sweet mate,

Also, Solaris is one of the nicest guys i've ever had the pleasure to meet in the game. So I can understand that you had a good time =)

H

Hargh

Ahem <coughs> what about me? :great:

Ah you said one of..... :fluffle:

F

Freia

Aww!
That makes me miss the old days of malmö :)

What i have always been saying is that it becomes what you make of it.
If there is a nice spirit in the groups it is fun. Ofcourse you cannot always acomplish that all alone but.. :)

I almost wish I had a seer to xp in malmö right now. My highest alt is 24 :rolleyes: and the most active alt is a nuker. Can that really be as fun as main cc + main healer? I think not :p

M

mavericky

It's pretty weird there seems to be a very decent bunch going through malmo at the moment. My SM is currently there, and I'm having a ball. Some excellent healers seems to be amazingly fast on there heals when I break mezz with my AOE (Ingerila comes to mind as a main one) Was also in a group with Vox the other day and we were down to 1fg with only 3 ppl above 45, and still pulling fine.

Are mids getting better, or did someone nerf the draks :)

M

mid-sinister

With 1300 hps, cap melee resists, crafted armor, 3 healer pets and lifetap i found it amusing tanking draks, tried my hardest to keep agro on some if you noticed :p

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Hargh
Ahem <coughs> what about me? :great:

Ah you said one of..... :fluffle:

Hmm, as I recall your beach towel was out and you were sunning yourself the whole time :D

S

SilverHood

I'll never forget that last 12 hour marathon I did in malmo to get that last 3 bubs

I was MA, peeler and puller at once, and at seperate times.

Malmo is what you make it of it really... go there, expecting a lot, and you'll be idsapointed... go there, expect nothing, and whatever you get is a nice reward :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom