I don`t usually rant on these boards but..

Case

Fledgling Freddie
WHY OH WHY IS LOTUS NOTES SO SHIT?!!?111

It has to be the worst pile of crap I'[ve ever had the displeasure to use. You do 3 identical searches on a database and get 3 totally different results, email replicates whenever it feels like it except when the local replica`s randomly become corrupt and need recreating....

It's just so awful it`s difficult to fully put into words how much so. Words that describe Lotus notes:
Infuriating
Frustrating
Archaic
Non user friendly

Anyone else know of a worse piece of shit software available?

Gamah

Banned
I had a problem of notes randomly creating new undelateable files @ work and transfering half the emails in the old folder to the new one and not letting you move them back. GOOOO IBM!

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I have turned down 3 contracts because they used Lotus Notes.

10 years and counting, never touched it :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Managed to keep away from it in my role at work - we use it but ive never touched the servers which it runs on - just use the client then bitch when i want to so something that lotus notes struggles with - like send an email.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I find its ok.... but then I work for IBM so we have no choice on Lotus Notes :(

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Dreamor said:
I find its ok.... but then I work for IBM so we have no choice on Lotus Notes :(

Is Microsoft still punishing IBM? Or is it a cut of nose to spite face thang? :)

Gamah

Banned
Dreamor said:

Everyone give Dreamor one punch in the face for every "Unexpected error" we get. I owe you about 453!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
brings back memories of my IT techy days. ive never seen something so fucking difficult to move between computers. :(

dont even get started on the search functions, fucking bag of shite.

MaCaBr3

Banned
I fucking hate notes too, the company were I recentely started working is using it too and it's the biggest pile of garbag that I've ever worked with.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Lets get serious here, I work for BT and I can tell you some of the software I have to use lives up the diseased rectum of the God of all that is unholy and shite in programming.

There are databases that were written on 5.5 inch floppys, they require you to tab to multiple fields, fill in multiple pages all have to line up or the whole thing collapses, to save this pile of crap which exists over up to 6 different sub menus you have to press shift-pf key then tab or press enter depending on how it's feeling that day, then....and this bit really tickles me, OVERTYPE A WORD WITH A NUMBER AND UP COMES U A BOX SAYING 'THIS WILL LOSE ALL YOUR ENTRIES, PRESS PF24 TO CONFIRM' and your like 'confirm the delete or confirm not to?'

If you book an engineer on the same day at the same time for two different jobs it comes back with 'this will result in a cyclic retention error status'.

BT truly has the biggest piles of shite EVER written as the backbone of it's operations, that's why they never get anything done, you talk to an engineer for 20 mins then he presses the wrong frkikin key and finds himslef in the optic/transmission/kettle temperature menu and can't get back.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Everyone give Dreamor one punch in the face for every "Unexpected error" we get. I owe you about 453!

Awwww, I work for the MOD Projects so its more AIX is my fault :D

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Mojo said:
Is Microsoft still punishing IBM? Or is it a cut of nose to spite face thang? :)

No but we win more contracts than them ;)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Shagrat said:
I have to support the crappy thing

same, aswell as this OpenOffice thing :p

the teachers (that i support) are SOO whining couse they cant get MS Office :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I remember going on a Notes Admin course, and discovering that not only did the client crash a lot, but each time it did you had to restart the PC before it'd load again.

It's not an email system, though, it's a database for running applications, one of which happens to be email. Any company just using it for email has bought the wrong product.

Darzil

Kronic

Loyal Freddie
i used it for a year when i was working for the Post Office back in the days when it was called Consignia, I quite liked it and never had any problems with this software

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
It's not an email system, though, it's a database for running applications, one of which happens to be email. Any company just using it for email has bought the wrong product.

Darzil

Very true, we use it mainly for Intranet / other databases (usually procedure storage.)
I may get killed for saying this, but it actually works better for us than Exchange... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom