i cannot find a fun class to play.. what do you suggest?

legar

Loyal Freddie
hi guys,

I have 3 weeks to renew my fun in this game before subs run out.. i just deleted all chars i have since i feel no incentive at all to play any of them at the moment..

let me show what i played so far:

shaman: 2X
Runepriest: 1X
bright wizard: 1X
Witch hunter: 2X
Chosen: 1X
squigh herder: X

so far none of them hold my interest at all and it seems i tried all archetypes (tank/healer/stealth/ranged dps)

so a bit of a history of the classes i loved (roughly, i played much more, but these stand out) in previous mmo's.
I only suggested these 2 games, but i played almost all games available. i even have a lotro, aoc and a war sub atm, but im posting here and not playing so that says a lot..

daoc:
fire wizard
infiltrator
shadowblade
nightshade
scout
light mentalist

what i liked about those:
fire wizzie: the huge fireballs keep on getting bigger, 1-2 shotting people is cool
infiltrator: getting them when they dont want it
shadowblade: toe to toe with the toughest but only when you want it
nightshade: wicked strong on mordred
scout: up your ass from afar
light ment: stun - nuke - nuke with someone debuffing for me

wow:
rogue: gank all the way
hunter; easymode, love it
priest; i wont kill you but you cant kill me

most of them, well dps classes, wich can gank.
im a ganker in heart, and for some reason it doesnt work out for me at all in this game. the complete lack of ganking and open rvr seems to keep me rerolling and rerolling over and over and over.

any suggestions?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sounds like yer looking for something overpowered (be it situationally or just generally...) Some people would say keep trying with that bright wizard and spec dots ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
BW and WH but you only played them low level. Also there is no "2 shotting" people so you wont find that on any caster.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
im a ganker in heart, and for some reason it doesnt work out for me at all in this game. the complete lack of ganking and open rvr seems to keep me rerolling and rerolling over and over and over.

any suggestions?

Yeah stop playing this game, gankers are c**ts.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
BW and WH but you only played them low level. Also there is no "2 shotting" people so you wont find that on any caster.

With lucky crits/right tactics/right morale a shadow warrior can 2 shot every now and then. Level 30 atm so no idea how it changes later.

legar

Loyal Freddie
sounds like yer looking for something overpowered (be it situationally or just generally...) Some people would say keep trying with that bright wizard and spec dots ;)

Well yes and no, i do like even fights, but i like characters who can win more then they lose :) so you are completely right at that point.

i liked the BW i played a lot, but at the same time it didnt even come close to my firewizzie or my lightmentalist at all.
:ninja:

legar

Loyal Freddie
Yeah stop playing this game, gankers are c**ts.

i know, loads of people told me that in /tells over the last years :) makes fun wallpapers
i dont care about carebears at all, you can corpsecamp me for hours on end, and i will send you nothing but love on achieving it.

legar

Loyal Freddie
With lucky crits/right tactics/right morale a shadow warrior can 2 shot every now and then. Level 30 atm so no idea how it changes later.
hmm thats one ranged class i didnt try out yet but it does sound nice

going to give it a try tomorrow to see what i end up with!
thanks alot for the suggestion! :clap:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
hi guys,

I have 3 weeks to renew my fun in this game before subs run out.. i just deleted all chars i have since i feel no incentive at all to play any of them at the moment..

so far none of them hold my interest at all and it seems i tried all archetypes (tank/healer/stealth/ranged dps)

so a bit of a history of the classes i loved (roughly, i played much more, but these stand out) in previous mmo's.
I only suggested these 2 games, but i played almost all games available. i even have a lotro, aoc and a war sub atm, but im posting here and not playing so that says a lot..

daoc:
fire wizard
infiltrator
shadowblade
nightshade
scout
light mentalist

fire wizzie: the huge fireballs keep on getting bigger, 1-2 shotting people is cool

wow:

any suggestions?

witch elf?

problem or "bonus" to WAR is that to an extent all classes are mirrored exactly, so if you have played them on order/destruction, there is very little incentive to try the "other side"

:m00:

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
There is no ganking class in this game it requires more skill. Also your highest character was level 20-odd which just doesn't show what classes can do at all. You need 30-35 really before you can see class potential when you get your more powerful abilities and can spec properly into mastery lines.

Since you said you like fireballs id suggest speccing incineration on a BW and getting Fireball Barrage. Plenty of rocks shooting out of the sky at multiple targets, have to be 29 to spec it though.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Play a Witch Elf, high dmg even with the anytime, procs like a biatch, u are squishy, but with some backup heals its a beast, a lot more than a WH, insane burst dps, u can kill targets that are even getting healed, mayb u'll die alot aswell, but its the highest single dps class in the game, his mirror, WH is far away on the dps compared to WE, so mayb u wanna try one.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
If you get your fun out of griefing people, just give up. Spend some time in real life getting back in touch with what being an irritating little twat usually means. Head over to the pub and continuously jog people's pints as they try to drink. When the landlord kicks you out, tell him you don't like his carebear attitude and that if people wanted to spoil your evening, you'd give them nothing but love for it.

Who knows, maybe you'd get home in one piece.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Play a Witch Elf, high dmg even with the anytime, procs like a biatch, u are squishy, but with some backup heals its a beast, a lot more than a WH, insane burst dps, u can kill targets that are even getting healed, mayb u'll die alot aswell, but its the highest single dps class in the game, his mirror, WH is far away on the dps compared to WE, so mayb u wanna try one.

:iagree:

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
hi guys,

daoc:
fire wizard
infiltrator
shadowblade
nightshade
scout
light mentalist

wow:

any suggestions?

Classes ive found fun.. are

Ironbreaker
Runepriest
Shadow Warrior
Witchhunter

i found iron breaker most fun so far. as they are decent at solo and grp pve/rvr and always needed in grps. half decent dmge.. good survivability.. i been killing lvl 40 mobs since i was lvl 33/34 sometimes multiple 40's depending how weak they are.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
If you get your fun out of griefing people, just give up. Spend some time in real life getting back in touch with what being an irritating little twat usually means. Head over to the pub and continuously jog people's pints as they try to drink. When the landlord kicks you out, tell him you don't like his carebear attitude and that if people wanted to spoil your evening, you'd give them nothing but love for it.

hehe agree... =)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
back on topic.

I enjoyed my white lion, if you can handle repeatedly getting killed because your pet decides to run off in random directions, pulling mobs, getting stuck or simply despawning then its pretty good fun, the styles are nice and they look cool when you get some equipment. They are pretty weak but with decent healers this shouldn't be a problem.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie

lol qft.

legar

Loyal Freddie

haha :) classic!

Anyway, thanks for the tips all. I have some classes to check out now indeed. :cheers:

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
did you play those classes up to lvl25ish? I think you can only start judging them by then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom