I bought AGP graphics card, and a PCI-E one.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Neffneff said:
choose PCI.

definately an elitegroup board, ill just try and dig up more info.

you live in preston? that's like nearly 300 miles away from me.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
all i have found so far is a manual for an AWARD flash version of the bios, and if i got it right, you got an american megatrends Inc (AMI) bios?

EDIT: although in that manual, if you goto "integrated peripherals" you can find an option called "AGP VGA Selection" and set it to "AGP Slot", might be worth looking for incase.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Neffneff said:
nm misunderstood.

This sucks, going round in circles. Getting stressed. Why can't they make it easy ?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
3. Where do I find the version number of my motherboard?
It is either written onto the Board near the keyboard connector, or silkscreened in very small print in the corner of the board nearest PCI#1 connector (also near "JUSB1").

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
that's the most recent version of the PC Chips motherboard, i have a LOVELY page of info here for you:

http://radel.inet.net.nz/m810lmr.html

if you still get any problems, i would suggest upgrading the bios to the most recent edition, playing with different AGP drivers etc. anyway, there is a wealth of info on that page, you shouldn't need us anymore, but if you have any more questions please go ahead and ask.

let us know how it goes if you would.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Right, fuck it. I'll upgrade (flash?) my bios. wish me luck, Thanks all.

Fuck that to complicated. Cant i just get a BIOS v1.2 programme like graphics drivers? lawl.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Cool thanks. Wouldn't it be easier and safer to go out buy a new motherboard for £150 ?

Szape

Fledgling Freddie

Laddey

FH is my second home
Thx thx.

WinFlash is fucked, either locks my PC up or doesnt respond lawl :) two differnt programme versions though. :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
I can't live like this anymore.

I'm going all out.

New motherbaord
New Ram

Any of you price-monkeys give me an average price for a decent motherboard and either 512DDR or a gig? I have a PCI-E graphics card here, what else will i need? :)

I wont need fitting costs because we can all do it! together, like a big happy family <3

Thanks for your time and effort guys, kept hitting walls. really appreciated. Ever in Preston give me a shout ! ;)

Szape

Fledgling Freddie
how much are you willing to spend? and which gfx-card do you have? you probably need new psu/cpu/ram/mb.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Szape said:
how much are you willing to spend? and which gfx-card do you have? you probably need new psu/cpu/ram/mb.

GeForce 7300

Around £200-£300?

All i do is game, gaming gaming gaming. Started DAoC again (Basic_X's fault) and WAR is coming out soon. So that graphics card is fine ?? dont want a new one of them.

Szape

Fledgling Freddie
that's quite poo card for any semi-modern computer :p it should run daoc ok and its actually decent card for this moment (get dx10 card once they come out).

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
if you really are serious about all out upgrade, then take a look here to get an idea of what sorta stuff you can get for what money, personally, i would buy all the bits seperately as generally you can do slightly better for the samish money, BUT tbh this stuff might be ideal for you as you know it all works together.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/bundles.html

EDIT: make sure you check the wattage on your PSU though incase you need a bigger one of them too.

Szape

Fledgling Freddie
~100€ for 1Gb DDR2
~150€ for e6300
~100€ for mb
~100€ for psu

that would do nicely if you can afford it. (edit: I'm 99.9% sure that your psu is shit unless you have recently upgraded it)

Motherboard Bundle Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1024MB 667Mhz DDR2 Heatsink And Fan Gigabyte Motherboard from neffneff's link + antec neohe 430w (for example) from local store and you are set :p

Laddey

FH is my second home
Szape said:
~100€ for 1Gb DDR2
~150€ for e6300
~100€ for mb
~100€ for psu

that would do nicely if you can afford it. (edit: I'm 99.9% sure that your psu is shit unless you have recently upgraded it)

I will tell you now...

my pc is a heap of shit, really. My monitor is crap (new one though 17 inch LCD all the way just need to pick it up)

My speakers fell off the side of the monitor its that old. I've had this PC for like, 6 years ;)

Gamah

Banned
Laddey said:
I can't live like this anymore.

I'm going all out.

New motherbaord
New Ram

Any of you price-monkeys give me an average price for a decent motherboard and either 512DDR or a gig? I have a PCI-E graphics card here, what else will i need? :)

I wont need fitting costs because we can all do it! together, like a big happy family <3

Thanks for your time and effort guys, kept hitting walls. really appreciated. Ever in Preston give me a shout ! ;)

Laddy...

Add my msn

Davidb1385 at hotmail dot com i'll put together a nice package for you within your budget and tell you how to get it. I am good at building online pc's for people ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom