I am proud to announce

K

klavrynd

that after a few weeks of training i now finished paranoia on the local ddr machine

worship me!

O

old.tRoG

old arcade games...

anyone ever played Joust?

that game was the best! i even bought William's Arcade's Greatest Hits for the psx JUST because Joust was on it :)

F

Fafnir

Damon look behind you i think someone is following you. Hell he is following me....

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by klavrynd
that after a few weeks of training i now finished paranoia on the local ddr machine
Excellent, excellent! I managed to finish one paranoia mix each night, but that's because I have the Dreamcast version and can practise away to my heart's content. It's my main gaming diet at the moment, DAoC comes second, because you can't get cute Korean girls crowding around you in DAoC.

The question is, what grade did you finish it on? D? <sticks out tongue>

That wasn't your real dance, you can do better!

Dub-I-Dub is the most fun, on the Euromix (bleugh) machine anyway.

K

klavrynd

I just got the new konami version of DDR as well, and since i dont have dancepads here im training my eye-hand coordination on the paranoia remix on trick, and play both b4u and midnite blaze on maniac.

as for euro machines i like butterfly the best

ps: paranoia was on basic mode offcourse and finished with a C :p

http://www.konamihwi.com/DDRPC/index.html

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Mmm, I didn't know Butterfly was on the Euromix machines.

Ayayay Ay'm looking for...

Agh, it's so kitsch, I can just imagine a bunch of j-idols doing the cute step-left-step-right-rinse-repeat routine to it.

Sure, Dub-I-Dub sounds just as knackered, but it's got those really fun two-pads-at-a-time jumping parts, unfortunately not enough of that hip-hop-looking half-stepping, though.

And tRoG, I used to play Joust on the BBC micro, or Acorn Electron, when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I saw it on the Williams Classics collection, but I had bought a Capcom retro collection earlier and was astounded at how bad old games actually are. The memories are only sweet because one doesn't know better at the time.

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte
And tRoG, I used to play Joust on the BBC micro, or Acorn Electron, when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I saw it on the Williams Classics collection, but I had bought a Capcom retro collection earlier and was astounded at how bad old games actually are. The memories are only sweet because one doesn't know better at the time.

Heresy :p

Joust was and is one of the greatest 2 player games ever. A truly class game. And don't even start me on Defender, or Tron, or Track and Field.

K

klavrynd

track & field, the controller basher :)

i had it on nes, and broke too much controllers on it

S

SFXman

Never really liked any consoles except maybe THPS3 on the PS2... although I did have a Nintendo 8-bit and PS. Somehow the PC was always the best and still is. :rolleyes:
klavrynd, track & field is so fun... irl that is :)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I remember going through 2 Cheetah joysticks on those waggle-games, 'Decathlon' on the Commodore 64 is one that comes to mind.

I think those games were where the whole overused 'waggle your joystick' innuendo came from.

It really was the pits when it came to gameplay, though: just bash away at the keys with no skill, give yourself repetitive strain injuries and NEVER beat the computer opponent (I remember I'd always try to play 2 player in those games, humans were at least defeatable!).

Yet waggling till your arm broke off was so enjoyable, we came back for more, broke off the other arm then proceeded to play with our teeth!

Users who are viewing this thread