I am in the Echo - for the wrong reason :(

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
How sh1t just goes tits up? That's my flat that got burned to shit because I assume the a-hole now in hospital was smoking and probably drunk and almost got himself killed and had it not been for us being aware of what was going on meaning the fire alarm. A few others could have died. Glad to hear the firemen who were injured are ok.

Poor twenty year cat is dead from next door - probable carbon monoxide inhalation.

Atm I am living in a flat just down the road. But I can't get access to my clothes/pans anything. The place is cordened off and is a crime scene with police parked outside the building.

Nice, and just before my exams too. Things just can't be any more screwed atm.

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - News - Liverpool Local News - Man rescued by hero firefighter after blaze in Waterloo is fighting for his life

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
lol I love the bottom of that page, anyone with any information call random number or crimestoppers on blah blah.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the warm responses. I just got a crisis loan from the dole today - a whole £6.88. Whoopeedoo :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Jesus ing, we live like 2 miles apart.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'm sorry for what happened, I hope things get sorted soon!

Maybe sue him for stress related injuries?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg matey I am so sorry, god all your stuff and everything that really sucks. I hope you find a new home, was the place covered by insurance?

/hug

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
sux dude
sorry to hear about that - nightmare
hope u get back on your feet soon

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Sorry to hear about your bad luck Img. :(
I hope everything is back on track so you don't get fooked in your exams. £6.88? What a bloody joke.

Still, an old cat bites the dust - carbon monoxide poisioning is at least painless.

Vasc asked a good point - any student-like insurance? My house porch got torched while I was at Uni and they paid out for cleaning of clothes and all that jazz.

Hope everything returns to a relative norm for you soon bud.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sorry I've not kept you guys updated. I am having to access the internet via the library or the pub which is where I am now. It's starting to settle in what could have happened. I can honestly say I am in a state of shock. Had I not been awake, I would have been in hospital also.

As for the insurance question? Hmm, guy on the dole with contents insurance, pff, not a chance. I am going to the citizens advice bureau tomorrow and will try get some information/help with my situation.

The forensic team as far as I know has done its work. One guy has actually been able to move back in. There's no gas but he has running water. As for me, fuck knows whats going on(excuse my language in this instance, I am not thinking straight because of the shock). I'll post an update as soon as I get one. :(

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sorry to hear about your bad luck Img. :(
I hope everything is back on track so you don't get fooked in your exams. £6.88? What a bloody joke.

Still, an old cat bites the dust - carbon monoxide poisioning is at least painless.

Vasc asked a good point - any student-like insurance? My house porch got torched while I was at Uni and they paid out for cleaning of clothes and all that jazz.

Hope everything returns to a relative norm for you soon bud.

You know, the funny thing about it is that. One minute you think that life is ok , a bit shitty, but it will do and then with a click of a finger, the whole thing gets turned upside down - and it's not always your fault.

I am having a problem atm with guilt because I heard him slump to the floor and did nothing because he was always drunk and that's what he did. I am wondering if I had done something sooner...but then, I believe the snip was on the door and that's why I couldn't get the door open. There's very little I could have done for the guy. And when we got the door open, it was quite clear to me that it was a 'him or me situation'. The fire commander commended me for not doing anything save insisting the ambulance got there asap.

On the plus side, I think my computer will be fine once it has had sexxor with a compressor to get the smoke shit out of the system.

The bedside of my room was all burned out and that's why I can see at the room below. His cooker is on the opposite side of his room. So my theory was that if it wasn't arson, which I sincerely hope it wasn't. Then I think my theory holds some water, it was his own doing and that he was smoking and he slowly got that room into the situation I encountered yesterday.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
sorry to hear about that but you should use this as an opportunity to leave scouse land

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
just got the news that he died from the fire. Literally a few seconds ago, Jesus. I really don't know what to say...

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Sorry to hear that mate; truly nasty situation to be in. :( As for your exams, instead take your time to get your life back in order but as soon as you possibly can, file for extenuating circumstances and thus an extension on your current CW/exams. If people can get it for depression, this sure as hell merits it.

Hope you're alright. :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
You know, the funny thing about it is that. One minute you think that life is ok , a bit shitty, but it will do and then with a click of a finger, the whole thing gets turned upside down - and it's not always your fault...

flipping tell me about it!! Can sympathise with you 1000% on that one buddy; here's to better times for us all eh?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Just been there today, I have since found out three things. First one was that at 11 am he was fucked out of his brains on vodka. He went to get something to eat. Second was it could have happened alot earlier, as he used to drink and leave his chip pan on while sleeping.

Finally the sad one, he went to sleep with what ever and he was smoking. The incident was a fire caused by his own stupidity and the room went up in smoke due to him not putting out his tab before he went to sleep.

I've been drinking today with some of the people from the house. I saw the ceiling which is my floor - that's fucked. There's no water, it looks dangerous. That's just one misnomer of a week and I should count myself lucky to be alive. I am in the pub right now. Thanks guys for your support. I have a beer in my hand right now. Raising my hand at you guys. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom