I aer seen teh Peppers yesterday

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Hyde Park. Shit loads of people. Crap weather.
Me and 2 mates got there about 4.30am to beat the crowds and get a good place. Doors opened at 3.30pm. Fair enough we thought, our plan is good.

By 1pm there were still only about 100 people queuing, and it wasnt even a queue, more like a mass picnic. Weather had started well, and gone to shite by about midday, were it turned into 20 mins of heavy downpour followed by 20 mins of sunshine, ad infinitum.

Anyway, we had deckchairs which we lifted from an unguarded depot, so all was well. Met some nice people while waiting.

Chicks on Speed were first on. Utter shit, got booed and bottled off after 15 mins. even asked the crowd nicely to "stop throwing things at us". Lead singer even collected a bottle in the head.

Class.

Second support act: James Brown. Utter fucking brilliance, I love that guy. His band were perfect and his performance was even better. Weather had cleared up by this point and stayed good for the rest of the evening.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Easily top contenders for "best band in the world right about now". Their new stuff is good, the old stuff is amazing as we all know. Sound system wasnt the best ever, but the Chili's were, so all in all a good gig, let down by a shit first act, crappy weather until James Brown and several dickheads in the crowd who liked cobbing beer around and barging into people.

My first outdoor gig and only my second ever gig, first one was U2 @ Madison Square Garden NYC. I don't go often, but I make 'em good un's when I do :D

Collino

Fledgling Freddie
Freind of mine went, had spare ticket offered it to me....

but i couldn't make it due to exams and revision... real shame sounds like a great gig..

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Would've gone but Chillis have let me down constantly since One Hot Minute :(

Similar story, my brother and a few of his friends went, I turned it down on the basis of the price, the fact I've not been a fan for a while and could probably only name about 3 James Brown songs :(

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Jonaldo said:
Would've gone but Chillis have let me down constantly since One Hot Minute :(

Same here :mad:

I tihnk Sharma was at this gig. He seemed to mention Flea playing a trumpet :eek:

Athan

Resident Freddy
Stazbumpa said:
Chicks on Speed were first on. Utter shit, got booed and bottled off after 15 mins. even asked the crowd nicely to "stop throwing things at us". Lead singer even collected a bottle in the head.

Class.

*notes Stazbumpa down as a yob for that comment*.

'Class' eh? You try being the ones on stage getting missiles thrown at them. If you don't like a support act, just STFU and wait.

-Ath

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I heard from my gf who went to the RHCP here at the Amsterdam Arena that the COS were boo'd off here as well. hmm, I've only ever seen one support act boo'd and bottled, and that was Einsturtzende Neubauten about 10 years ago. Muh.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
CoS were booed off in Manchester t'other night as well apparently. I'm seeing the Chili's this Friday coming (w00t), but I imaging that everyone going will just see them as a novelty bottle target now and wont even give them a chance. People are twats sometimes.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
One day I will see the RHCP!! One day...

Have to agree with Athan about the support band. If ya don't like 'em, just be patient. No need to hurl abuse and objects at 'em.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently the RHCP gig @ manchester where the COS got boo'ed off with bottles being thrown at them resulted in the RHCP refusing to speak between songs. They just came out played their songs and left.

/me wonders whether one of the RHCP members is seeing one of the COS?

Apparently the fact aside that COS were shite, was that they were preaching to the crowd, and no-one goes to a gig to be preached at, especially by some lame support act that are relatively unknown and owe little respect

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Athan said:
*notes Stazbumpa down as a yob for that comment*.

'Class' eh? You try being the ones on stage getting missiles thrown at them. If you don't like a support act, just STFU and wait.

-Ath

I didnt lob anything twat. I wasnt close enough for a start. I wouldn't even if I was. What I'm saying is that it was fucking funny, in a traffic accident TV show kind of way. And they were shit, so why should the entire crowd be nice to them and politely wait for them to finish their drivel if we've paid good money to see a decent show?

As for myself being on stage, I'd make fucking sure I was good enough to be out there first. Clear enough for you?

RHCP or at least the tour manager should've checked them out first, coz they seriously let down an otherwise good show. I could go on, but Noc0de seems to have hit the nail on the head. RHCP seemed normal enough during their show and spoke plenty. Mentioned having met James Brown. Said feck all about CoS.

Just the way we liked it.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I was there, completely agree about the cos being shite and deserving all they got! Put it this way the standing area was segregated into two areas, and to get into the one near the stage (within bottling distance) you had to have a 'special' ticket!

Damini

Part of the furniture
tRoG said:
Same here :mad:

I tihnk Sharma was at this gig. He seemed to mention Flea playing a trumpet :eek:

There's a few bootleg Nirvana songs floating around where Flea plays trumpet.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry. Was still high on Red Bull and Pro Plus when I posted it :eek6:

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
RHCP posses the worst front man since Mike Patton of Faith No More.
Not even close to being one of the best bands in the world right now.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel im going on friday too! I keep reading about them and I am getting proper excited! Staz, thanks for the commentary, youve made me even more excited and I cant wait to see teh CoS get bottled! go go english hooligans! :clap:

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
maxi said:
RHCP posses the worst front man since Mike Patton of Faith No More.
Not even close to being one of the best bands in the world right now.

You need help.

The gig were proper bo, you'll love it jaba :)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Jaba just hope they still don't have CHicks on Speed as pre-gig entertainment... :p

The gig was absolutely ace though, lots of fun. :)

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
from what I have heard I dont think its chicks on speed but i could be wrong, if it is, im gonna be warming up my throwing arm! this time tomorrow I will be pissing my pants with excitement!

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I think thats grounds for bodhi to kill you :D

Personally I like them, their new stuff is fantastic.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Cos are indeed crap. (we've had them coming through our "fuzz club" night before now...) However anyone that throws bottles etc at bands need there head kicked in to educate them and if they throw bottles at crew they need there groin kicking in then there head kicking in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom