Hybrid Shootout

E

Eggy

Was wondering about the feasability of some different hybrid templates for Highlander Armsman.

44 pole, 44 slash, 42 shield, 13 parry (my current spec)

50 pole, 39 slash, 42 shield, 6 parry

44 pole, 39 slash, 42 shield, 24 parry

I am wearing fully SCed armour, with MP shield, jambiya and slash pole. Shield, slash, parry and polearm are all capped to +11 (plus of course RR).

Anyone using the following spec have any opinions? I'm happy with my current one, but wondering how much my damage will increase/vary with the 2nd spec listed, and also if my parrying/damage with change much if I went for the 3rd spec.

Any thoughts?

K

Khalen

Only 50 pole + 50 slash/crush or thrust will be noticable..

W

wildpt

Originally posted by Khalen
Only 50 pole + 50 slash/crush or thrust will be noticable..

Yep have now with new sc 1401 weaponskill unbuffed (67 pole 56 thrust) and dont use a MP pole (use 99%), with hybrid spec u get shield but u dont get near that kind of weaponskill if u are worry about damage variance loose the shield :)

O

old.LandShark

Parry is fixed in RvR in latest test patch on pendragon.... might be worth thinking about :>
And difference between 39 and 44 slash is negligable even when you're using 1h slash primarily... as 'backup' for polearm it'll be even less ;)

I

Ialkarn

If you want something of really really effective try that:

50 pole, 44 thrust/slash ,30 parry, 23 shield

you 'll get a 6 sec (back style) stun whit 23 shield,more than enought to chase casters and support classes.

also you can cap your parry at rr10 (30+11+9 =50)

E

Eggy

Hmm yes but I'm in love with slam...

So 39 slash won't be noticable loss of dmg?

T

Treniel-

39 slash +16
42 sheild +16
44 pole +16
24 parry +10

previous spec was 50 pole 50 slash rest parry

and tbh i can't see no big difference as long as u get it above 50 with + skill its not that noticeable

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Ialkarn
If you want something of really really effective try that:

50 pole, 44 thrust/slash ,30 parry, 23 shield

you 'll get a 6 sec (back style) stun whit 23 shield,more than enought to chase casters and support classes.

also you can cap your parry at rr10 (30+11+9 =50)

this was the spec i was thikning of but crush :>

sounds ubar

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by Treniel-
39 slash +16
42 sheild +16
44 pole +16
24 parry +10
with + skill its not that noticeable

Gimpest spec ever..

Originally posted by Treniel-

and tbh i can't see no big difference as long as u get it above 50 with + skill its not that noticeable

Not when you are using a crossbow no.. :rolleyes:

S

stighelmer

My current spec if 44 pole, 42 shield, 39 slash and 24 parry (4 points waisted). I am happy with it but I'd like to raise my damage output and think I'm gonna go 50 pole, 42 shield, 34 slash and 20 parry (0 points waisted) :great:

Given RR6 (RR4 now) I will manage to get slash to 50 and only thing I loose is the back slash style which anyway sux imo.

I love my slam, wouldn't trade it for anything. Slash still the best all round combo with shield (Block/Riposte/Befuddler for those farming sessions) imo so I guess I have to learn to live with the chain penalty :uhoh:

E

Eggy

But doesn't decreasing slash to 34 vary your damage a lot, making some blows less powerful?

S

stighelmer

Lowering slash will increase your variance that is for sure.

However, if you with items and RR get it to 50 the effect shouldn't be that great.

However, lowering it below 50 (including items and RR) will probably have a more noticable effect. So before you reach RR6(+5) you will not be able to reach 50 with items (+11) if you spec slash to 34. But I am in it for the long run and hence I still think I will go for 34 slash...

Just to make things clear, I have no real proof of the things I am stating here, it's just what I have picked from reading about the stuff on forums etc.

Anyone else know more about it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom