Hunters

Push

Fledgling Freddie
soo what spec you gonna go next patch?

i cant decide if am going to stay melee or gonna change bow.

kite pet+bow looks fun :p

i think
42 bc
45 bow
34 stealth
rest sword or spear

but still didint decide.. maybe i ll drop my gov etc and use gsv shaitan wind bracer etc for bow dmg/speed/range but a bit confused really.

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
bow is and always will be crap, kite and bow may sound good in theory, but think about how many times your gonna meet a solo opponant, in a wide open space, with no adds for atleast...i'd say 2/3minutes to kite someone down. Then bear in mind that if someone gets the jump on you, your fucked as your bow spec/template. Numero1 rule of being a hunter, your a tank first and archer second ;)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer but think about it at bleed with buffed pet and half of midgard there.

99% only of hunters only rvr at bleed. The one resigning factor for the brave enemy players that actually get on their boats and go to bleed is if they came accross a solo doorstepper they "might" be able to take it down before all the lemons jump in and skillzpwn him.

now a enemy sneak will boat to bleed get off boat make it to shoreline and which point a pet will pop him out of stealth, as he watches a little pair of kobbie legs sprinting off into the distance on reverse pan.

on the bright side the kite will be lovely for handling OP timers. My first run last night at rr1/3. fought rr7 armsman (ardeal or summin like that) used warguard and ip. and rr8 merc galelili insta DT'd me when i jumped it. will be great for skill moders like that imo.

Kaburn

Banned
My hunter is melee and I love it im alrdy the spec I will still be when patch happens..altho need 3 items =/

Lethul

FH is my second home
ev0_o said:
bow is and always will be crap, kite and bow may sound good in theory, but think about how many times your gonna meet a solo opponant, in a wide open space, with no adds for atleast...i'd say 2/3minutes to kite someone down. Then bear in mind that if someone gets the jump on you, your fucked as your bow spec/template. Numero1 rule of being a hunter, your a tank first and archer second ;)

its quiet easy even if someone jump you with a chaindiseasing/garotting pet to get away :p

bow hunters will be really difficult in 1on1 situations

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i'd say 2/3minutes to kite someone down

also dunno about 2/3 mins on an assasin

pet will garrote the assasin for 150-200 damage with str/con buff. if assasin perma chasses hunter down with snare he will be dead in say 20-30 seconds from pet. If he stops to clear down pet. he will be dead in 10 seconds from bow.

(sure he has interupt options, maybe vanish (prolly not good idea), heal pot, malice or battler)

thats whats gonna get on people tits. I think assasins are not going to like being kited. and all other sneaks.

Other classes are more than capable of dealing with pet and pwning a hunter though imo

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
Ive already specced for 1.85, was a bit worried in the drop from 50-44 spear, but on testing hits damn hard still, hardly any difference in dmg.
44 Spear 35 Bow 42 BC 29 Stealth. Extra af has come in handy, when gov procs im well over 800 af, plus i can charm those crap green cons crabs now lol :p

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
its quiet easy even if someone jump you with a chaindiseasing/garotting pet to get away :p

bow hunters will be really difficult in 1on1 situations

I can't beat them at all on US classic server in cathal valley, even when I get the jump on them when their camo is down and mine is up.

Purge the disease, speed burst after hunter and the pet spams disease from range :(

It's like fighting a shammy with a pet and better ranged damage.

Worst thing is they are still all travelling in packs of 3 and 4.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Denarius said:
Ive already specced for 1.85, was a bit worried in the drop from 50-44 spear, but on testing hits damn hard still, hardly any difference in dmg.
44 Spear 35 Bow 42 BC 29 Stealth. Extra af has come in handy, when gov procs im well over 800 af, plus i can charm those crap green cons crabs now lol :p

will you start soloing then? :sex:

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
All sounds good in theory, but any assasin worth their weight in shit should start using snare poison/disease and spamming garrote themselves on hunters, knowing the majority are gonna try and run away to kite, its what i would do anyways lol.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer its just versus mos5 hunter they maybe aint gonna get the chance to.

and with new FZ on 10 min timer etc.

--

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Pets hit quite hard

[21:41:56] Baldes shoots you with his bow!
[21:41:56] Baldes hits you for 227 damage.
[21:41:58] The hunter's elder protector hits your torso for 145 (-56) damage!
[21:41:58] Your movement is slowed!
[21:41:58] Your Strength has decreased.
[21:41:58] You are diseased!

and after hitting you once they just seem to spam the disease spell :(

hunters are pretty much untouchable for rangers/scouts now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom