Hunters, Rejoyce!

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Hunter definitely needs some love. Probably the easiest class to kill on the game, although warlocks are also very easy.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
It is good to see that blizzard acknowledged hunters as a deadline-product now and started working on improving them, and good to see they're finally working on the biggest hunter issues.

I have nothing to complain about in group PvP. Infact, hunters are great in group PvP. However it is in solo PvP that were handicapped mostly because of the issues mentioned in the blizz post. When I rolled a hunter I had planned to do some solo PvP too, but most classes can solo as well (bad) as a hunter if not better.

And I agree with Dillinja, hunters are for some classes probably one of the easiest class to kill. We got a whole tree based on survivaling but the fact remains you can't survive anything when a well played class get to jump on you, the other way around it's easy for a well played class to get into melee range and start abusing the deadzone and own you.

/QQ off

Just wanna say I like the hunter class, and am not gonna reroll as anything else.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I can't take all the whiners on those forums, everytime somebody from blizzard writes a post, they make it a deed to say "I'm disappointed, it took so long time"
They should just be happy they get boosted, it's so pathetic.

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Hunter definitely needs some love. Probably the easiest class to kill on the game, although warlocks are also very easy.

Depends of player who is palying warlock i guess ....
I dont mind to get some extralove, tho :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
I can't take all the whiners on those forums, everytime somebody from blizzard writes a post, they make it a deed to say "I'm disappointed, it took so long time"
They should just be happy they get boosted, it's so pathetic.

yes i agree. but in this case im almost willing to agree with the whiners. hunters ARE a unfinnished class. blizzard stated so themself.

and THATS what annoys me the most id say. it gave me the impression that hunters were pretty far down on the "to be prioritized" list.

but i agree. its very nice to see that they are acually working on the issues now.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Bibi said:
Depends of player who is palying warlock i guess ....
I dont mind to get some extralove, tho :p

acually. as a hunter i find warlocks to be the most even fight in pvp :) i can never tell whos gonna win. even if i do get the jump on a warlock its still a very even and unpredictable fight. those curses are bloody nasty :(

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
acually. as a hunter i find warlocks to be the most even fight in pvp :) i can never tell whos gonna win. even if i do get the jump on a warlock its still a very even and unpredictable fight. those curses are bloody nasty :(
Conclusion ? If hunters need love then warlock need it too ?
As i sayd - i dont mind :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
this is old news.. they have been talking about implementing this for quite some time

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Bibi said:
Conclusion ? If hunters need love then warlock need it too ?
As i sayd - i dont mind :)

no. warlocks dont really need any "love" they just need all their bloody bugs fixed :) a hunter isnt really "bugged" just incomplete. a warlock is more or less complete but bugged to hell :)

well ok. warlocks COULD use abit more defensive abilitys.

and yes Conchabar. this probably is old news. but im still posting it here because id like to have a decent discussion about it. rather then trying to make myself heard on the WoW forum where every 5 year old is screaming NERF HIM AND BUFF ME COZ I DIED AND I DONT CARE IF I SUCK!!! i mean. the whining and bitching on WoW forums is even worse then on the DAoC rvr boards fgs :(

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i havent got my hunter to higher levels yet but seemingly every person i fight against so far is a complete utter dirty nubje and just runs away from me after hunters mark appears above his head .. although afew ran at me by the time they got to me i snared them ran back and continued blowing my shotty at them.... so far i cant really see a single problem the hunter has unless im being naive... although from what i can tell our dps reduces the higher the level we are ? due to the fact the dps of our ranged equipment reduces?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Warlocks are far from overpowered. Plus the situation at level 45 is hardly indicative of the class' strength at level 60 fighting other level 60's. Fear has been nerfed consistently patch after patch; we have shorter range attacks than hunters and mages; some of our most useful damage abilities (soul fire and shadowburn) require soul shards, but as yet there is no way to get them in PvP.

The biggest way we lose out is by having no escape ability. Howl of Terror is simply not up to it - being a long casting spell, and crappy fear to boot. Mages, on the other hand, the highest short burst DPS casting class have an instant pbae root, a mana shield and blink. It's no coincidence that the person representing warlock issues to Blizzard actually plays a mage and not a 'lock.

We used to be the king of 1v1's - but with all the nerfs to fear, not the least that any grunt can get an anti-fear trinket - we struggle with 1v1s at level 60 now. In a zerg we can get our kills if it's a stand off fight and some silly bugger wanders too close to our lines -- but we are very quickly taken out when targetted by the enemy.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Prob here is the difference btw some rounded classes and some "uncompleted" ones.

Mages, rogues, shamans, paladins, priests and druids are well rounded. Most of em have a tool for every situtation, some of them are even the target of nerf whines for obvious reasons.

Warriors: need tweaks. Talents options being one of the priorities here.

Lokcs n hunters need revamp n love.

The feeling of underpoweredness with those 3 classes comes mainly when u compare em with the previous ones. Those dont need a nerf (cept some annoying things like stunlock, the real 100% stunlock), its the other classes that need a boost.

Just my 2 cents

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
[TB] Benedictine said:
Hunter crit me yesterday for 1700+ with aimed shot - doesn't seem too shabby....

Yes its nice when it happens. My best crit in PvP was just under 2k damage.

However, I can count the occurences of such a crit on the fingers of one hand. Aimed shot has got VERY situational use in PvP and 99% of the time, using regular shot, arcane shot, concussive and stings is just the better way to go.

Unless you're aiming at a target coming towards you thats unaware you're there, or one thats simply not moving, Aimeds Shot will never go off in time. Either they'll get out of range quickly enough or get into range quickly enough and the shot is worthless.

Its a real treat when you can do that kind of damage to another player, but its a are event. More often than not, many other classes can do similar damage with greater frequency than the Hunter can.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
Yes its nice when it happens. My best crit in PvP was just under 2k damage.

However, I can count the occurences of such a crit on the fingers of one hand. Aimed shot has got VERY situational use in PvP and 99% of the time, using regular shot, arcane shot, concussive and stings is just the better way to go.

Unless you're aiming at a target coming towards you thats unaware you're there, or one thats simply not moving, Aimeds Shot will never go off in time. Either they'll get out of range quickly enough or get into range quickly enough and the shot is worthless.

Its a real treat when you can do that kind of damage to another player, but its a are event. More often than not, many other classes can do similar damage with greater frequency than the Hunter can.

Would it be possible to pull off once the target hit your freeze trap and is standing still for like 10 seconds or? What's the time to plung an aimed shot into a target?

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:
Would it be possible to pull off once the target hit your freeze trap and is standing still for like 10 seconds or? What's the time to plung an aimed shot into a target?

That depends on being able to set up a freeze trap for this to happen, which in my experience is rare enough in a PvP battle.

Also if you're looking to score a HK and/or gain any CPs, the Aimed Shot typically has to be the first thing that goes on to the target. If anyone outside of your group or raid is assisting the target, multiple people typically, then odds are it may well be dead before the aimed shot hits it.

I typically only use the Aimed Shot from ambush (NE shadowmeld) or when I know I've got enough time to fire the shot off without being noticed.

Furthermore, because Aimed Shot crits are based on your Int and + to Int (it counts as a spell rather than a regular shot that uses Agil) you don't get those great crits that often. So you put yourself at a lot of risk in the 4 or 5 seconds it takes for Aimed Shot to go off, for a damage output that might not actually be very much at all. Whereas you could probably throw in 2 auto shots + an arcane shot in that time frame and do more damage. Especially if your Auto shots crit, which is more than likely.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I only use aimed shot on cloth/leather classes if i get to jump on them, or if I got rogues trapped then I can do it from a safe distance without them being any harm to you.

On mail/plate classes don't even bother, aimed shot will only do 300-400 damage on a warrior if you don't get a crit. Not worth it IMO.

On the other hand, if you get a crit of against a cloth/leather class it's usually over for them.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly.

And as we saw in DAOC people doing huge burst damage aint no fun. The fight is over in seconds and there's very little gameplay/skill involved.

Personally, I don't think anyone should be able to do such damage that the fight is over in 1 or 2 hits.

But then I am a cloth wearing caster ;)

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Whining helps!

Yesterday I had 2 crit aimed shots in a row for the first time ever.

Whine more.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
Yesterday I had 2 crit aimed shots in a row for the first time ever.

Its sweet when that happens, but its annoying that its not something as a Hunter you can rely on, compared to their DAoC equivalents.

Ctuchik said:

lifedrain anyone? not easy at all to kill a warlock even if u get the jump on them, tho if u crit AS then its over but not like u can count on a AS crit in pvp...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
lifedrain anyone? not easy at all to kill a warlock even if u get the jump on them, tho if u crit AS then its over but not like u can count on a AS crit in pvp...

lol.. lifedrain isnt that good. top rank only leeches 71 hits every second for 5 sec. sure u can add the +20% from the talent, but that still isnt nearly enough to make a diffrence :) its the healthstones + the normal health pots that does the job. lifedrain is only "usable" in pve mostly. and hardly even that. its to high mana cost for to low return imo.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Huh?

The best AS crit I've seen against a caster to date was just under 2k. My mates Warlock has something in the region of 4 to 5k health, which does not appear to be unusual. You'll not take a Warlock out in PvP with one or even two Aimed Shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom