hunters need love!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
a bunch of green cons killed me :(

so either hunters need love or i suck :cheers:

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
It's just the level to hit code, which was changed because the YANK whiners whined alot, same thing happened to con system in rvr.

Fookin' whiners.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
it was also to do with the fact one was a warden and i couldnt hit any of them with my 5.4spd weapon :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It's fun taking a bunch of /lvl 30's out into the frontier to kill stealthers and get MCL ;).

Mael, 50th ment.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
I got my ass handed to me by a RR2 hunter who hit me for 500, 400, 400. I had all my shields up. It´s a fine class.

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
i could enter all my wisdom and knowledge into this thread, but play a hunter for a year then say their 'fine' instead of basing it on the fact some hunter got a few decent crits one time :touch:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
In stealth on amg in odin, moving around on bm
"Sigh so boring... oh well , will check..."
BOOM:

You are hit for 800 dmg ! - from kobold1
"face... erm i better jump, or i get pwned"

Mid air:
You are hit for 450 dmg ! - from kobold2
You are hit for 500 dmg ! - from kobold1

Landed on the other side of the mg
"phew i made it"
2 seconds later "What teh...?" You are hit 578 dmg! - kobold 1 [fuck latency arrows coming through mgs :)"

Svartur hits for 400-500 dmg with spear (when he hits).

cry more hunters :d

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
lol our spears hit very slow and give enemy plenty of time to evade, block run away. we have evade 2 while other archers have evade 3. Our defense is slightly better than a caster...our pets are nice but dont do anything more than hit 1 time out of 3. I can TS any infil or ns but the likelyhood of them evading one or more of the shots is very high and they have time to run in df/poison me before i do enough dammage. We need purge and ip just to survive an attack by another stealther and even then its a bit iffy unless we have an uber bot. We need to have our beastline buffs stack with other bot buffs...otherwise the advantage mythic put in for the self buffs is completely defunct. And if I hit for 400-500 with my spear its a low level toon or a caster. Archers in general are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of effectiveness in PvE and RvR. And yet i love playing him...i'm crap at it as most of my oppenents know...but I still hang on tight to him cos I know that there will be a day when we are more than just the unwashed of frontier warfare.

And dorin if u got hit by a hunter for 800 damage you must have been playing your chanter and he was standing still for 2 shots the second one crit...and with recent patch i seriously doubt you will get hit through a mg...the shot is checked twice now for visual target and extremely unlikely that it allowed the archer to complete the shot with u out of vision. Unless the hunter has volley...

Ulrych

Fledgling Freddie
I've used crit shot on infils around the MGs after Tsing them, for 800~
I was defending mid frontier lastnight and rear styled(razors edge) on a minstrel with a slash spear for 532(MoP1)
My normal bow cap is 461, I don't need to shoot a cloth user to hit that (don't always hit that high, and I've done that dmg on infils too).

I don't think an archer class is supposed to wtfpwn assassin classes unless the archer gets the jump on the assassin (TS, running unstealthed etc).

Hunter pet is a utility, its very handy, can do nice dmg, but mainly its for tracking people that run away then stealth, also Hunters personal 'CC' utility (IMO).

Hunters DO need better defensive abilities. Read the Hunter TL report (don't recall which one) but the guy has some good ideas about doing this.

I've been playing my hunter solo/duo mostly. Did some group RvR with him around 2yrs ago in Guild Group, back when they were actually good for a group in suppression role.

If those dmg reports are as accurate as your saying, can only think they have high Falcons Eye RA to get nasty crits and raise dmg.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
hunters hurt

what more is there to say :(

For every hunter out there that whines hes utterly shit and I can 4 shot him (hi Werewolf :D) theres 3 that give as good as they get. Ive lost to a hunter before 1v1 with him using no RA's and I popped his stealth. Ive also beaten a hunter before without getting hit and he used purge :p

Fights vary but hunters are far from the totally gimped class alot of people make out, especially higher rr ones. Given alot are 50spear now their WS and damage are high too. Should perhaps have the same evade penalty for facing a spear as a DW, but apart from that I fail to see what they complain about. And pets + stealth = insane. TS, put pet on stealthed opponent, he now can't restealth until the pets died. Running across half a zone with a pet on you generally doesnt work as you tend to run into a fg so youre forced to go for the guy TS'ing. Sucks.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
this was a bit of a self-humiliation thread, not intended to be taken seriously :p

hunters are great, apart from when trying to hit wardens with slow spears :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i do :(

but it was fun and i suspect i was laughing more than they were :p

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Actully the only reason I don't have a archer is that I am playing mid, if I was alb or hib I would have made myself one by now, since I just find both supperior to hunter

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Actully the only reason I don't have a archer is that I am playing mid, if I was alb or hib I would have made myself one by now, since I just find both supperior to hunter

explain what makes ranger/scout so much better then hunter?

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
its Ranger > Scout > Hunter in my opinion ( based on rr6 ra`s ) ..

Scouts are good because they have spec shield and can so support there inf group m8`s. Also the slam is good IF it lands .
( no AP >< )
Rangers are the supreme assassin hunter at higher rr . Duelwield is superb when fighting other assassins because they will evade less. Also AP very very good.

Hunters have nice pets but arent there usefull imo since they give you away and there dmg isnt that good, ( good for tracking other stealthers ofc ) . They also have AP which is the best ra a stealther can get imo , there downfall is there spear though . ofc they hit got 300-600 but its 2H !!! do not only slow you also get evaded loads and therefore stunned by assassins. Imo they should fix all these 2h vs Shield vs Duelwield stuff .. that would fix allot .

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Shield doesnt help much on scout... if ur in h2h combat you will lose 95% of the time.

Hunters hit harder then scouts
Rangers CD pwns scouts

Scouts slam stuns teh others but not likely to stay stunned long enough to do some real dmg.

Guess i need to be rr10 so i can start having fun playing scout.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
shield for me is a love hate thing :p

love it on thane
hate it on hunter

oh and just in case you didnt notice the post i made before:

THIS THREAD WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY! :p

i made it to cheer at the hibbies who got me and showed me lowbies arent as useless as you might think :D

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
waj waj waj waj!!!1! who said anything about rangers hunters and scouts, in this arguement hunters own the other 2 classes, ive never lost to a scout or ranger in a fair fight, or even if they have the odds slighty in their favour, but sadly doac has more than 3 classes, overall etc hunters are fucked vs shield tanks, ppl with high evade, and ppl who deal lots of dmg, since we just stand there and get slapped, ofc theres a few times where u do own a certain class, but that either down to skill or pure luck with spear hits etc, overall, scouts and rangers are much more versatile

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief i come own u when i get my 2 tg parts i miss from my sc set most resists are on em PFFFT

Ormorof

FH is my second home
THIS THREAD WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!

just thought id emphasise that particular crucially important point!!!

i dont care if hunters need love, im enjoying it as it is so stop moaning you lot! :twak:

Blood

Fledgling Freddie
Even the new Infil TL wrote in his introductionary post on VNboards, that hunters needs a defence boost to outweigh the penalties of 2h vs dualwields.

Im using AF charges & AP2 to come anywhere near competing with infils, and i still only have a chance if IP & Purge is up.

Snornig: how do you do against Aralina? (botted melee celt ranger, IS EWUL! slash on hunters hurt!)

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I just remember you killing me the very last time ive been to Emain drakulv :p ... Apart dfrom the time where i only hat a pink wolf hat on, but guess that doesen't count. :p

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Werewolf said:
bigchief i come own u when i get my 2 tg parts i miss from my sc set most resists are on em PFFFT
I'll believe that when I see it :rolleyes:

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
arranged duel with aralina, was closest a ranger has ever come to beating me, we both used ap2, end regen and IP, i won on around 7-10% hp left, was a v gf :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom