Hunters get ANOTHER nerf.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
We don't need an average dps increase. We need a constant dps increase. Something that you seem intent on taking away from us.

Average dps increase and constant dps increase is the same, isen't it? Some people just love to whine.

And still, hunters will get better in that patch. It's not like the skill will be more costy, you can just only spend 3 points in it now... Not anything I would call a "major nerf".

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Surely upping base damage while reducing crits is a constant DPS increase. I guess what they mean by average vs constant is they want less spiky damage. Reducing max crits makes damage less spiky. :p

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
The fact that blizzard thinks that the new talents are a DPS increase doesn't make up for the nerfs hunters have got each and every patch.

Valentine

Fledgling Freddie
I certainly am looking forward to the changes - Yes, less of 20% crit damage from Mortal Shots is a small nerf, but have you actually looked and thought about what crazy bonuses you can get by speccing a combination of trees? The new survivial tree has a bunch of crit increase stuff, agility boost, the beast tree now has the new 31 point talent which will basically turn your pet into a juggernaught. Plus, there's the first stage of pet enhancement coming up as well where you can spend your pet's talent points on something worthwhile - Will be very good to build a Pet for MC, PvP and standard PvE.

I think we're getting so much more than is being taken away - I wish people would stop taking up arms against the ewul blizzard because they bring one of our talents in line.

So I'll stop critting for 2700 on an aimed shot. I'll still hit for 2160. It's still a big crit opener, and who knows what extra damage the new talents will bring.

Honestly, it's not that huge a change.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
It's so refreshing to see a rational person around here every once in a while. :)

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, the new BM ultimate is great, in those 15 sec he can bring down a mage till 50%, the thing is, if you decide to go for 31 BM you sacrifice ALOT of ranged dps.

Hunters DPS in pvp never has been great, I mostly relied on my +crit gear and hope for some crits every battle cause thats basically the only way you can do decent DPS as a hunter. DPS wise ill get (with 21 mm/30survival) a +3% damage bonus vs humanoids, and +15% agi wich will be ~50 agi = 100 ranged atk power. This would still result in less dps than the 20% extra crit bonus damage from mortal shots we have now.

IMO this nerf equals something like changing mortal strike from insta to on-next-attack.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Sure constant sustained DPS is all nice and dandy, until you start to PvP. If I dont get a crit I wont even stand the smallest chance against a mage unless I use both potions and consumables, and if the mage does aswell I can't win.

Yeah, the BM tree got a nice buff if you look over the huge nerf to some peoples playstyle and the huge loss of ranged DPS they will get by going deep into BM. Because apparently our ranged damage got to good if you combined Survival talents and Marksman, thus they reduced Marksman which nerfs BM in turn because they couldt even get those Survival bonuses from start. Which leaves us at 1 quite broken tree, because if we want to keep the damage we do now(which is kinda low compared to a rogue, mage or warlock.. even a warrior can outdamage us) we MUST go survival/marks spec.

It just seems like they remove things and then make up for the removal by adding talents so we have to spend talentpoints to get back where we was before, why not just say it right out that they never intended to keep the hunter class?

I think its about time to start XP my priest, atleast I wont be looked down upon when I ask for a group invite.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
* Improved Concussive Shot - The stun effect can now be resisted.

Hurray!

Valentine

Fledgling Freddie
Having played around on the testserver, with a splitspec on marks/survival, the crappy dorf hunter was doing decent damage - Can't wait to test specs out on my main Hunter. Should increase my overall DPS quite satisfyingly.

The new skills aren't too tough to find either, and stealth on cat pets is quite shiny for PvP.

Anyone know any wolf mobs of around level 58/59 that aren't in instances?

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Valentine said:
Having played around on the testserver, with a splitspec on marks/survival, the crappy dorf hunter was doing decent damage - Can't wait to test specs out on my main Hunter. Should increase my overall DPS quite satisfyingly.

The new skills aren't too tough to find either, and stealth on cat pets is quite shiny for PvP.

Anyone know any wolf mobs of around level 58/59 that aren't in instances?

i belive there are some in wintersprings up in the top of the map 59/60 i think

Valentine

Fledgling Freddie
Ralgedi Smurf said:
i belive there are some in wintersprings up in the top of the map 59/60 i think

Those are all cat mobs as far as I know. Looks like I'll have to get a group into lbrs and tame one of the worgs there.

jeor

Fledgling Freddie
Slightly off topic

Just new to mmog, and am looking to start Warcraft in about 2 days, what class should a newbie play??? Rogue or hunter? I'm gonna go horde. So orc or zombie?

Sorry for going off topic, but I can't post new threads.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
jeor said:
Just new to mmog, and am looking to start Warcraft in about 2 days, what class should a newbie play??? Rogue or hunter? I'm gonna go horde. So orc or zombie?

Sorry for going off topic, but I can't post new threads.

whatever u feel most confortable playing. but please, anything BUT yet another bloody Undead rogue. were drowning in them all over the servers. we dont need yet another one. u can play rogue anything, but please, stay away from undead race >.<

fking WOtF is the only reason ppl roll one anyway. i'm horde myself and i really start to hate it. everywhere u go theres ppl screaming "UD ROGUE LFG!"

OrreBorre

Fledgling Freddie

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Evoknox said:
* Improved Concussive Shot - The stun effect can now be resisted.

Hurray!

like rogues cs AND ks tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom