Hunters and Sword Artifacts

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Artifacts for hunters...

Why do we get 2 spear artifacts only to choose, and 1 with a crap level 10 ability (javelins with no damage and ae heat debuff jay! maybe get fixed) that can be activated as sword/piercer available for all stealthers and hero.
And the other can also be activated as a sword/piercer available for most melee chars and has a lvl 10 ability that afaik if active you cant stealth....
and lastly you can summon a decent spear with sun belt daytime...

But then we do not have the choise to activate battler etc as a spear while "ours" can even be used by non spear classes. Makes me a bit pissed.
So question is, are there any hunter that has been spear and respeced to sword to get access to battler? How is it working out for you, and was it worth it?
Since spear styles are overall very crappy with razors edge being only good style I consider a respec to sword. But ofc a str/con debuff sux ass, but purge takes care of that part anyway.

Next question, is there any good slash spear around exept crafted and above mentioned artifact?

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Battler is good for any classes as the level 10 charge is far by the best offensive charges on artis, imho.

+ for hunters it is extra ownage because = shoot target as usual before he gets to you, battler debuff him, zephyr, shoot at him with his decreased absorb (19%) and when he comes back to melee range (if he lives this long :) just whack him down into misery, while he still has decreased absorb.

Flinx

Fledgling Freddie
As a Sword specced hunter since the begining i'll say this

Battler is well worth all the pain I went through leveling.

My current spec is 50 bow, 50 Sword, 28 Stealth, and a little Beastcrap.
(Yes I have access to a BB)

Have run headlong into people and not flinched from fight as Magma Battler hits like a truck.

and if it starts going pearshaped I whip out gazi blade for its BT proc and damn fast swingspeed.

other artifact sword worth having is traitors dagger for the lifetap pets.
have this on my warrior and its funny watching 3-4 pets proc from sword and healme/help kill enemy.

well those are my thoughts im an either I kill them or they kill me type :)

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Battler is good for any classes as the level 10 charge is far by the best offensive charges on artis, imho.

+ for hunters it is extra ownage because = shoot target as usual before he gets to you, battler debuff him, zephyr, shoot at him with his decreased absorb (19%) and when he comes back to melee range (if he lives this long :) just whack him down into misery, while he still has decreased absorb.

In that scenario there is no reason to debuff with battler to kill tbh :)

btw, what is the range on battler debuff?

Im so tempted to respec... if only hunters could use small shields... so unbelivable stupid that we cant.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
if you want battler only for debuff, no need to respec to sword
just put it in 1h slot and that's it

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
old.anubis said:
if you want battler only for debuff, no need to respec to sword
just put it in 1h slot and that's it

Not only for the debuff, but overall there are loads of good weapons for sword users compared to a spear, like all spear artifacts can be activated as sword... and sword can be poisoned by your local shadowblade :)

Givf pendragon server ffs...

anyway thanks for the replys, but im still confused what to do.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn´t call spear styles sucky...might be true the artifact spears are fubar, but spear still hurt more than sword. Is some nice normal drop spears in any case with slow speed and good stats...even better damage ^^

Engage + Wounding Thrust is the best combo i can find against most enemies, unless you get garroted or stunned :)

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
have yet to see proofs of that spear hits harder then 2hand sword with same spd.

If you overcap stength and dex the result should be the same since afaik spear takes the average of dex and str ie dex+str /2
while sword is 100% str
for example, 280 str + 297 dex = 577 /2 = 288,5 spear ws stat modifier.

and sword would have 280 as ws stat modifier.
So those 8,5 points extra dex/str could in theory be neglated if you weight in the defence penalty on the spear styles or sword lvl 50 style.

Not 100% sure about the formula, but it seems like that to me :)

Anyway I wait until we get free respec and try it then. Cant afford 2 respec stones now to test.

I do like the spear, it is awesome damage most of the times.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Spix said:
have yet to see proofs of that spear hits harder then 2hand sword with same spd.

If you overcap stength and dex the result should be the same since afaik spear takes the average of dex and str ie dex+str /2
while sword is 100% str
for example, 280 str + 297 dex = 577 /2 = 288,5 spear ws stat modifier.

and sword would have 280 as ws stat modifier.
So those 8,5 points extra dex/str could in theory be neglated if you weight in the defence penalty on the spear styles or sword lvl 50 style.

Not 100% sure about the formula, but it seems like that to me :)

Anyway I wait until we get free respec and try it then. Cant afford 2 respec stones now to test.

I do like the spear, it is awesome damage most of the times.

The defense penalty doesn't make you take more damage from a hit, it only affects wether or not the enemy hits or misses. Also, you forget that enervating poison ain't a str/dex/con debuff, which in return means that str users will take a much larger hit to their ws.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
The defense penalty doesn't make you take more damage from a hit, it only affects wether or not the enemy hits or misses. Also, you forget that enervating poison ain't a str/dex/con debuff, which in return means that str users will take a much larger hit to their ws.

I dont forget the poison part as I commented above somewhere, but it is not a big problem since purge takes care of that, and with purge 3 in NF it will be up always (almost).

Also the to hit bonus on spear is not as good as sword making the few points extra ws on spear more equal to sword performance.

Engage Medium to hit - Medium penalty to defence

Draw out, High bonus to hit, and medium penatly so should be easier to land on high evade targets.

Splatz

Fledgling Freddie
Since when could artifact weapons be traded and equipped bye others? :eek7:

So if you base your respec on going sword just to be able to env it. Then I would say it wasent worth it. No point respecing if you cant use the artifact swords

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Splatz said:
Since when could artifact weapons be traded and equipped bye others? :eek7:

So if you base your respec on going sword just to be able to env it. Then I would say it wasent worth it. No point respecing if you cant use the artifact swords

Can have Battler as 2hand and use a playercrafted or dropped 1hander just for the poison...

mazdaline

Fledgling Freddie
my hunter alisson is sword specced norse woman from te beginning.

simply i like sword better and it works out fine. i have 2 h battler and i can do a lot of damage with sword and i even think she is better then a spear specced one.

but so far sword specced is best for norsemens dunno how it works for kobbies dont think very well but you can always try ofc.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Although im all for the trial of new spec n weapon damage im really unsure of the sword for hunters. I watched the video of the the norse hunter sword spec and tbh I wasnt impressed, making out that his damage range mainly varied between 250-400 styled. Im 50 spear and styled I hit on simular targets 300-500(550ish being cap) with an unstyled hit going for around 250. Despite the lower damage I agree the spear facts arent as good as say a Battler in the right hands.

My 2 cents :)

SPear all the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom