Hunter

O

opoc

Who is going to whine about Hunters now with their updates, I guess il be the first with my super-duper whining skills. Yeah you know what about if you read the patch notes. Its a little insane, just like the minstrels wanting all that new stuff.

Thought of going to play mid on a server or hunter pvp but then now i got to put up with champs (uber) or hunter (uber soon).

So anyone else not like the look of it?

M

Makwaerk

don't worry m8 hunters are not going to be overpowered ... they are just not as gimped anymore

C

Coren

Not as gimped as before, but they'll still be gimped.

So guess you're the only one who doesn't like the looks of it. :cool:

O

opoc

Pfft they hit harder than me in melee and bow normally :(

and coren you are mean, i remember when i shot you with thrust arrows on your chain armor, have you got like 80% thrust resist somehow ? i hit for like 120(-90) that sucks, i think rangers need some luvin'

O

old.willowywicca

well given that I've had hunters who hit me harder with their spears than I can hit them with my sword (kipu hit me for 498 one time, I hit back for about 250~) increasing their melee damage seemed a bit mad to me too :rolleyes:

O

opoc

Yeah kipu hit me for 200~ with bow once then came up first spear style was nearing 200 then second style was 618 and iw as dead at lvl 48 without even 1k hp, and mal you havent even hit me for over 600 yet :p

M

mavericky

You have to remember that hunter's spears are slow 2h weapons so they will appear to hit hard, but they wont hit often

O

opoc

I want a pet and hard hitting weapons and stuff too and an insta pet too for when im getting the crap kicked out of me so i can leave it and run :(

S

Svartur

And I want a non-speccable shield, self STR buff for higher weaponskill and self-dps add access to the slowest bows like you have access to our fast ones etc etc.
Nag nag nag

You just have to get used to the fact that solowise hunters might not be everyones bitch anymore. ;)

Until this patch Rangers is by far the most complete archer class.
In 1.57 maybe its hunters, to early to tell.
If any archer class needs love now its Scouts not Rangers. And besides how often do you see a solo ranger anyway? Pet wont matter when you baf.

And Rangers do more bowdamage btw unless you left your bow specc low and if you did then you cant really whine about that can you?

O

opoc

the buffs arent much good though, 30 dmg extra max to crit shot with the slowest bow, thats not that much good is it? also the str buffs are easily outbuffed by any bard/druid/warden many lvls lower. We will see what happens anyways.

F

Falcon

Hunters needed some extra damage, I often find myself hitting them with my sickles on a duel weild harder than they hit me, and I'm hitting at 1.5spd. They needed this boost for sure in melee, I don't see a problem with hunter bow though, the damage difference is minimal (Like, 50 - 75dmg on a crit shot so around 25 - 37.5 on a normal).

What will annoy me however is the newbie hunters using True Sight + Pet combo to bring the zerg down onto me, nearly as pathetic as blue con Infils who find you with See Hidden, snare you, hit you, run out of range and call down the zerg to finish you off so that you can't get them but they leech rps.

Hopefully most hunters, after all the pain they've been through along with us other archers wont be so pathetic and will give respectable fights however ;)

Svartur, I don't travel alone I admit, but that's not because I travel with others, it's because I just don't travel anymore. I barely play my ranger due to being sick of not finding any 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 action that I prefer, seems even the stealth wars are like 1fg+ now :*(

O

opoc

Originally posted by Falcon
What will annoy me however is the newbie hunters using True Sight + Pet combo to bring the zerg down onto me, nearly as pathetic as blue con Infils who find you with See Hidden, snare you, hit you, run out of range and call down the zerg to finish you off so that you can't get them but they leech rps.

I hate them.

R

Revenge

well from a hunters point of veiw , melee sucked donkey balls since day 1 . Revenge is my hunter on excal , and has 40 points specked in spear , and depending on which class you fighting used to hit for as little as 40 -50 dmg on occasions . Pretty piss poor for a slow (5.0 spd) 2 handed weapon dont ya think ? and combined with reinforced leather armour , not suprising Hunters are everybody's bitch ( as someone kindly put it ) lol.
Its high time hunters got some luvin , and a well known fact that they were most uber gimp in game (and most nerfed). Maybe now i might even get to play her more often , and who knows , may even win a few fights :)

M

mid_Efour

i dont think im going to win more fights but i may be able to run away and live ! :) i am the gimp !

R

revminster

Originally posted by Svartur
And besides how often do you see a solo ranger anyway?

Pfft.. I get caught soloing all the time (well, maybe not so often by hunters). :)

Anyway, I think hunters deserved some loving. I still haven't met one solo yet after patch. But I'm looking forward to it. If they kill me, I'll come back here and whine like a lil girl.

F

Falcon

Aye, I think most the old rangers still solo Svartur, it's just the dreaded new breed that don't ;)

O

opoc

I still solo, or in very small groups (two people or 3 people).

Theres still some.

C

Cush

Nerf ppl whining about hunters getting some love after all we have gone through

F

Falcon

Same, I'm looking forward to seeing Tesla, Eroa, Blood etc. all back in the playing field ;)

R

revminster

Originally posted by Falcon
Same, I'm looking forward to seeing Tesla, Eroa, Blood etc. all back in the playing field ;)

I agree :)

B

Blood

started by chopping up a minstrel (forgot to summon a pet)

then got jumped by a NS, well he got a pet on him, and when we were both at 10% and 20% health, i used IP, and he was toast :)

C

Cush

Mattshanes i promise i will bring out Eroa and do some new emots at you.

O

old.willowywicca

I saw Thing again today!! is it the real guy come back or did he sell his account after 8 months away? :rolleyes:

R

Rathe.

well, looking at the US co-op server patch notes, they've made alb polearms and middy spears interchangeable and both equippable by hunters.... eep :) thought that those hunters did hit a tad hard if those two weapons are close enough in power to be swapped about like that :)

Users who are viewing this thread