Hunter specs ? what works ?

I

Ironfoot

I got a hunter at lv 30 atm and I was wondering what sort of spec i should be looking at for lv 50

I was thinking about :

44 bow
39 Spear
32BC
rest stealth

how are you other hunters speced and what realm abilities should you get 1st ?

G

guden_

that spec loots fine.. but since you have 44 bow i think you should raise the bow to 45. and get Rapid Fire 2!
so that would be: 45 bow, 39 spear, 35 stealth, 32 bc.
for myself im going either: 45 bow, 40 spear, 34 stealth, 32 bc.
or: 42 bow, 44 spear, 33 stealth, 32 bc.
i guess i will go for the last since i like my lvl 44 spear style, and i dont think Rapid Fire 2 will do that much differns from Rapid Fire 1.
and for the RA part it kinda deppends how you wanna play, i myself solo alot and have taken ra's that will help me more in melee. my current RA's are fa2, ip, purge, ts, dex2, quick2, mop2, dodger1, toughness1, fe1.

V

vargen

35 stealth
39 Spear
45 Bow
32 Beastcraft

imo

K

kathal_tdd

Bow is 40, 45 or 50
BS is 32 or 34
Spear is 39, 44 or 50
Stealth is whats left.
If you go with that the rest is up the how you wanna play your hunter.

V

vargen

BTW....
Is beastcraft worth having if the hunter owns a BB? :)

S

spankya

32 Beastcraft is for the best pet, so defniately worth it :)

R

Rollie_David

spec whatever fatbelly is specced cause that little kobbie just hit me with his spear for 607hp

:)

X

xajorkith

I answered in the other Hunter thread, but I thought I'd repost an old post of mine into this thread...

I too have had trouble deciding how to spec my hunter. I decided that I would spec mine based upon the experience I had in Caledonia.

Stealth.
In Caledonia I had 25 stealth, non stealthed players often uncovered me if they stood on me, and as far as assassins were concerned I may as well have been unstealthed. I realised how important stealth was when I attempted to kill a Hib healer, three times I approached, got in range behind target, three times on drawing critshot I popped out of stealth, three times I fumbled/missed, three times I died. If I hadn’t had popped I probably would have survived.

Bow.
In Caledonia you are doing 1 of 4 things, solo, roaming group, taking CK (ATK), defending CK (MTK). For all of these the bow proved to be far superior to the spear. In attacking it was killing casters on the battlements, on defence it was killing casters from the battlements, whilst grouped I tagged behind so when the group engaged I fired into the mele and was often not noticed, whilst solo, I fired into the targets back and then mele’d them. The big problems with bow were PBT and fumbles both of which are addressed in 1.62.

Spear
In Caledonia I hardly used the spear, when I got caught by assassins I was stunned for the entire fight so I never even got the spear out. Also stealthers would often use “poison and go” tactics or they hunted in pairs. I realised that to win a straight 1 v 1 was nigh on impossible. I only ever won if I caught the assassin out, which due to inferior stealth is rare. During group fighting, mele was not good, with only studded, no shield, poor evade and no parry I just became a mana burden for healers. If I was meleing another char that was already engaged the spear did very well. Obviously for keep defence spear is of no use, and for keep takes it’s hardly of use (spear the doors I suppose!). I also rarely evaded

BeastCraft
The baseline buffs are poor, a low level shaman can provide better, also they run out after 10 minutes forcing you to unstealth to reapply.
The insta sprint was often no good as I was poisoned/doted and it would immediately deactivate, or I would just get mezzed. In Caledonia insta sprint was ineffective but I see that in RvR with the RA purge it could be very useful. Insta sprint was awesome at hunting down ones pray particularly after if they just went out of bow range when you left them with 10 hps The wolf (Kylie) was useful. If I caught sight of an assassin I would put the wolf on him and then track the wolf until the assassin was popped, a few arrows later, one dead assassin. The wolf was ideal for interrupting mages too. The wolf did suffer from being a tad low, assassins and mages (at range) can kill it quite quickly. I never ever used the charm spells.

So my final spec will be 36 Stealth, 50 Bow, 29 Spear, 34 Beast Craft.
Stealth 36. This is so I can get it to 50 to prevent popping, prevent being seen by non stealthers and to run faster under stealth (tracking and running away).

Bow 50 to get last style (100% damage through PPT) and to prevent some degree of popping and to cause maximum damage on the weapon I use most.

A low 29 on spear, final styles are of little use as my main enemy are assassins and generally they know how to use stick. I may soon find it hard to solo exp

34 Beast craft to get final wolf and second to last inst sprint.

G

guden_

Originally posted by xajorkith

A low 29 on spear, final styles are of little use as my main enemy are assassins and generally they know how to use stick. I may soon find it hard to solo exp
first of all you dont only take 39 spear for the style but also the higher dmg.. and the little extra it gives for speccing high bow is not worth it. and just fyi its possible to stun a /stick assasin with your from behind style!

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by Strapon Sally
spec whatever fatbelly is specced cause that little kobbie just hit me with his spear for 607hp

:)
You meen Dworf, right?.

O

old.fatbelly

Originally posted by kathal_tdd
You meen Dworf, right?.

/rude!!! calling me a dwarf =((

as a hunter spec minimum 39 spear and 40 bow and 32 bc

since See hidden is reduced depending on stealth lvl in 1.62, try to hit 50 stealth or slightly under counting items+rr

then a few points remains to spread on bow/spear, depending on if you want higher spear or higher bow, or both balanced.

32 bc 35 sth 40 bow 44 spear is a good spec for a new hunter.

T

Tranicore

Im going 40bow,44spear,33stealth,34bc.

The reason u dont need 50 bow.. the rapid fire 2 only allows u to use less end. and PA3 is not worth is.. As I see it as a hunter I can only kill casters and maybe wounded tanks. before 1.62 came out I took down caster even with pbt. 1 shot to make the pbt og away then 1 shot to drop him to like 30% or less. then pet or my last shot to finish him off.. With Rapid Fire it will be even easier. So imo no need for 45 or 50 bow.. The dmg increase from 40 to 50 is very little and is not worth it.. and i have no need for PA3 and rapid fire 2.

Spear 44 is when infils jump u.. U run straight threw him and use your backstyle to stun him and then u do your Odins Wrath and u got one very badly shocked infil... And u will just contine to hack him down with eiter Razor Edge or Whirling spear.. or I use Lancer and Wounding Thrust and with your pet the infil go down..
But their pa and poison will hurt so I will by all chances die to after a while.. But when u get TS/purge/IP I will be one elite infil/ns hunter:)

U dont need to cap 50 in stealth at rr5.. Because U are not sb that storms into a caster.. U are a archer u stay at distance firing your deadly arrows. infils/ns will problly see u anyway.. ye See HIdden is nerfed thats great:D but u guys most not forgot that infils/ns have Detect Hidden so they can easier spot u. 33 Is more then enough

34 bc is because of your last pet wich really help u if a infil/ns jumps u.. or to track down a infil/ns. or like I love to do.. Interupt casters:) and for the last speed that helps u get away from danger or run like mad after a foe that was foolish enough to run from u.

Well thats just my opionon tho:)
U guys choose your self what u guys like and think is best.
Good luck and have fun.
Cya in rvr:)

Btw sorry for the bad spelling dont have the power correct it all:p

E

evilknight

FYI

The difference between RF1 and RF2 is small

D

duact

the more spear the better u will end up in melee against infiltraktors anyway

A

arrakeen

is beast craft needed that high?

How would 50Bow, 50 spear rest stealth be like? thats if you got a BB :)

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by old.fatbelly
/rude!!! calling me a dwarf =((
Hehe. I saw you on the pad the other day and my first thought was : DOGH!!! Stupid me :D
Originally posted by arrakeen
is beast craft needed that high?

How would 50Bow, 50 spear rest stealth be like? thats if you got a BB :)
That’s pretty gimped.
You want the lvl 32 insta doggy.
I love to stick my doggy when a mincer SoS away and the Doggy is after him :D

D

darbey

Have to agree on the last post. Its the biggest pain in the ass, when u have whacked a caster in a grp, sos out only to have a bloody wolf unstealth u 2 minutes later half way across the map.

B

Brevis

Im 44 spear, 40 bow, 32 bc and 35 stealth. Tried 50 bow before, not worth it at all for all those specpoints.
The run thru + stick + razors edge is king in a melee fight and with abit of experience its quite easy to pull off. The spear is by far the best investment for spec points. It feels very satisfying to hit people for 400+ per hit (buffed ofcourse and on NS+inf's) with a 4,5 spd spear.
The 32 bc is for the dog, its the best thing, can suppres a caster completely, find running stealthers, break speed etc etc, a great tool used correctly.
Just my 2 coppers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom