Hunter Specs pls

H

Hargh

Any hunters who have valid BG specs (L24) a L35/40 spec and a final spec pls. This is for a /level 20 alt.

Thanks in advance!

ps. is there any point getting beastcraft if u had a buffbot? for run speed?

J

jimmy_kell

cant remember my bg1 spec :)

end spec atm is.. 50 bow, 44 spear, 35 stealth and 12 beast.

before last patch is was 50 bow, 44 spear, 32 beast and about 19 stealth.

got a high aug buffbot, so no need for beast, and stealth is more useful than a wee doggy imo

O

old.Jeriraa

BG Spec:
Bow 19 +5
Stealth 19 +5
Beastcraft 16
Spear/Sword 11+5

Lvl 35 w buffbot:
Bow 27+8
Stealth 19
Beastcraft 16
Spear/Sword 32

LvL 35 w/o buffbot:
Bow 27+8
Stealth 19
Beastcraft 24
Spear/Sword 27+8

Lvl 40 w buffbot
Bow 31+9
Stealth 19
Beastcraft 16
Spear/Sword 39

Lvl 40 w/o buffbot
Bow 31+9
Stealth 19
Beastcraft 25
Spear/Sword 34+6

Possible lvl 50 specs:

gets: Rapidfire II, best pet, decent stealth, runspeed buff
misses: penetrating arrow III, followup to razor edge (spear)
Bow 45
Spear/Sword 39
Stealth 35
Beastcraft 32

gets: Rapidfire II, best pet, followup to razor edge, runspeed buff
misses: decent stealth, penetrating arrow III
Bow 45
Spear/Sword 44
Beastcraft 32
Stealth 28

3. (buffbot highly recommended!)
gets: Penetrating arrow III, rapid fire II, followup to razor edge, decent stealth, 1st runspeed buff
misses: pet, selfbuffs
Bow 50
Spear/Sword 44
Stealth 36
Beastcraft leftover points (BC 9)

4. (buffbot highly recommended!)
gets: Rapidfire II, decent stealth, lvl 50 weapon style, 1st runspeed buff
misses: pet, selfbuffs, penetrating arrow III
Spear/Sword 50
Bow 45
Stealth 35
Beastcraft leftover points (BC 8)

There are also specs with extreme low stealth and high beastcraft instead but I find these not worth mentioning.

Also notice that you will have to reset beastcraft at lvl 40 for spec 3 and 4!

C

Cami

something is wrong with either spec 1 or 2 :)

O

old.Jeriraa

Yeah, I noticed it after posting and corrected. :)

O

old.moriath

Bow 44
Spear 44
bc 32
stealth 30

Still not convinced enough that the end saving is worth 45 bow and 43 spear .. maybe at some point i will try it

W

werewolf

bump

The buffbot spec sux total ass tryed it but doesnt help much against assassins anyways and yes i dindt have bot or buffs all the time but most times lvl 50 spear style sux ass only thing worth getting in spear is 39 for the stun and u migh aswell keep the pet cause it does more dmg than u as lvl 50 with spear than u do buffed as 39 with spear dmg doesnt go too much down so u still do more dmg alltogether with pet and spear than u would do with spear at lvl 50 as norse i suggest u go sword and to 50 ragnarök is something but lvl 50 spear style u never use..
hmm wot else yea i used to be
50 spear 45 bow 35 stealth 8 BC
respecced to
39 spear 45 bow 35 stealth 32 bc
hunter is designed so it works best with pet so u should use it imho and the speed shout isnt worth much that u get from 8 in bc
they even hit faster than u get away if u enconter a infil so u loose speed before u get anywhere..
Werewulf lvl 50 hunter 3L5 better ask somone else though like Belxavier or Svartur or Kipu
http://www.critshot.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21
Ps check out this forums too

C

Cush

50 sword as hunter is realy crap advice imo since its a back style and about the only good style in in the sword line. And how often do you get to stand behind someone as a hunter?

I say go with the 44 spear/bow 32 bc 30 stealth spec.

Its atleast the spec i got on my hunter, but i dont play it that often anyway since i grew tired after playering stealther after almost 1 year of it.

O

old.Jeriraa

Werewolf some facts straight: the Razor Edge -> Odin's Wrath chain is the most damaging chain after Return Thrust -> Extended Reach.
So the lvl 44 spear spec has its right.

I didnt never say the lvl 50 spear style was great. However the lvl 50 sword style is! Personaly I will respec to sword as soon as I got everything sorted for my next SC suit.
Main reason for this is the sucky anytime spear styles with def penalities. 2nd reason is that even with the best buffs you can get (full aug shammie with MoA 3 and full aug healer for haste) I will swing my spear at 2.8 effective speed. Once sword gets an evade style the slightly slower weaponskill compared to spear wont matter anymore. I've duelled Gwynneth (sword huntress of the same rr as me) and I've lost each time to the fact that she evaded much more than me.

And about the pet: If hunter was designed to work best with pet, then why wasnt there any usable RvR pets for hunters (except 1 or 2 megafelites in emain) before we got the insta charm? Why isn't the pet str/con buff instant?
The pet is at max a 13.5dps damage add when it hits something every now and then. (I'm unsure about the real dps of the pet. The 13.5 is the cap dps for a lvl 41 player.)

Ofcourse I dont want to say you're talking crap. Ofcourse I dont want to say your spec is crap. Every of the mentioned spec's has its right and its up to the individual to decide what he likes most.

M

mavericky

My spec is

Bow 40
Spear 44
Stealth 35
BC 32

Most of the time fights end in mellee so having decent spear is essential, 32BC means i get the best pet, which although not great V infs, is good a chasing fleeing stealthers, Using it when you TS, and as a caster suppressor.

C

Cami

Question:

isnt 50 bow 50 spear rest stealht a viable setup?

Kinda like a search and destroy hunter, you will need a bb tho :)

W

werewolf

how often do u do backstyle fightings preetty seldom there for 39 is enough in spear if u go in smack em do a crit shot even or sumthing or when they run u u se speed from bc32 to catch em smack it and finnish em off

O

old.Jeriraa

Originally posted by Cami
Question:

isnt 50 bow 50 spear rest stealht a viable setup?

Kinda like a search and destroy hunter, you will need a bb tho :)

You would end up with 28 stealth. Like Werewolf said, the lvl 50 style chains from a pos side and is very hard to use. Thus you have very few benefits from 50 spear. You will have to invest all you're realm skill points into either swingspeed increasing RA's or survivability increasing RA's. If you get jumped by an assassin, and you will regulary with that low stealth, its all about spear speed/IP/AP. There wont be much difference between 39 spear, 44 spear or 50 spear in that case. (Again as Werewolf said.)

Originally posted by Werewolf
how often do u do backstyle fightings preetty seldom there for 39 is enough in spear if u go in smack em do a crit shot even or sumthing or when they run u u se speed from bc32 to catch em smack it and finnish em off

I find myself using it regulary to save the asses of SB's or other hunters who get jumped by an assassin. A great way to soften an Infiltard is to Razor Edge him while he is fighting the SB and then go for Perforate to slow down his attacks. (There are some expierienced Infi's out there who know what you are up to when you come behind them and will strafe to avoid the Razor Edge. Use /stick and Perforate as the backup style. That way you can at least slow them down.

W

werewolf

true i use with when i team upp with ppl too its nic to have it there but then again spear styles should get a review in melee only im ooe before iv hitted a infil 3 times =/

H

Hargh

WW in game you don't speak like this. What's happened to your punctuation? :D

O

old.Jeriraa

Originally posted by werewolf
true i use with when i team upp with ppl too its nic to have it there but then again spear styles should get a review in melee only im ooe before iv hitted a infil 3 times =/

And you get hit 2-4 times between 2 swings depending on the dualwield luck of the Infi.

I recently calculated how high my quickness would have to be to swing the battle spear at cap speed using best healer haste. Guess what: 383 quick!!!
Currently with a BB capping the best buffs and having MoA3 ( = 134% of the delved buff value) AND 20% healer haste I can swing my spear at 2.8sec effective speed. Still the Infi hits me nearly twice as fast and twice a swing if he's lucky. And he doesnt even need 2 buffbots for it. (No, I neither have a capped shaman nor a capped aug healer. I currently swing at 3.8 sec effective speed when buffed with my lvl 32 shaman.

Give faster 16.5 dps spears!
Give 16.5 dps slash spears!

Or no wait, make sword dex/quick based like spear.

C

Cyradix

50 Bow
39 Spear
35 Stealth
23 BC

or

50 Bow
44 Spear
35 Stealth
12 BC

Both with buffbot ofcourse ;)

B

Blood

Originally posted by old.Jeriraa
gets: Rapidfire II, best pet, decent stealth, runspeed buff
misses: penetrating arrow III, followup to razor edge (spear)
Bow 45
Spear/Sword 39
Stealth 35
Beastcraft 32

I would definitivly recommend the above one to a new hunter.

im:
45 bow
39 spear
33 stealth (works cause im RR7)
34 bc

See Hidden have been nerfed alot, you shouldnt underestimate the difference bethween 47 => 50 stealth, there is a big feel difference.

N

Nonnier

knowing abolsutly nothing about hunters, and messing about with a character generator i came up withy this spec

bow 50

spear 38

stealth 40

16 BC

don't hold me to this spec, its a pure guess.

(PS, can some1 plz translate WW post..the lack of punctionation (excuse spelling) is awful)

M

mavericky

Originally posted by Nonnier
knowing abolsutly nothing about hunters, and messing about with a character generator i came up withy this spec

bow 50

spear 38

stealth 40

16 BC

(PS, can some1 plz translate WW post..the lack of punctionation (excuse spelling) is awful)

spear 38 means that you miss out on the rear stun at spear 39, worth the extra i think

S

Svartur

There are lots of Hunters speccs these days.
I think the best ones are the well balanced ones and they can be varied a lot.

I do have some main principals I think its worth following though to be more overall
effective as a hunter wheather you have a buffbot or not.

32-34 in beastcraft. Minimum 32 for best pet but prefareably 34 if you can spare the points for the second best speed. Anything higher is not cost effective and anything lower isnt good with the current state of the BC line.

30-35 in stealth. Not higher than 35, you will regret it. Realmranks comes fast in the beginning, plan ahead unless you wanna waste respeccs. Having 47+ stealth is enough and you gain more for each realmrank so save points here for other skills. Being spoted is more about playing with your head than having 1 or 2 more in stealth.

Minimum 39 in spear. Gives access to Razors Edge which is one of our best spearstyles. Useable while soloing and very nice while grouping.

Minimum 40 bow. Gives access to PAII.

After these principals you can vary the specc a lot. Of course its not a must, some people want to have 50 spear or 50 bow but it will be to the cost of something else. Sure they might hit a tiny bit more but they will be less overall effective.

My to favorite speccs atm is:
45 spear
40 bow
34 bc
32 stealth
if you like melee more than bow

or
45 bow
39 spear
34 bc
33 stealth
if you rely more on your bow than your spear

I dont beleive in Sword for Hunters and are not gonna start that discussion again. There are no valid arguments that makes sword better than spear for Hunters.

I dont believe in buffbots specc totally neglecting the BC line. Although BC needs a boost having no BC will make you less effective, miss easy kills and die more.

C

Cush

Originally posted by Nonnier

bow 50

spear 38

stealth 40

16 BC

It's a very bad guess. Even at rr1 you got 51 stealth which is rather pointless. And as said before missing on the rear stun style and no pet to play with.

T

Tesla Monkor

I'm using this spec:

Skillbase + RR + Items = total skill

Bow 50 + 4 + 11 = 65
Stealth 35 + 4 + 11 = 50
Spear 32 + 4 + 11 = 47
BC 32

And I like it a lot. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom