Hunter/Scout/Ranger range

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone give me some idea of the bow ranges of these classes?

Hunter -
Scout -
Ranger -

Thanks in advance.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Scout - 2200 units
Ranger - 2100 units
Hunter - 2000 units

IIRC.

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Such a sickening unbalance. :puke:

And the fact that Hunters dont get evade 3 , but Scouts and Rangers do.

And they get a well decent other spec line, like Pathfinding and Shields.

Hunters get a pet dog that wont even answer to its name. :(

Joking aside, i dont see why there should have to be a unbalaence like this between classes that are nearly the same.

Where did it say in Norse Mythology that Rangers and Scouts fire further and evade more than an Hunter?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Starwind said:
Such a sickening unbalance. :puke:

And the fact that Hunters dont get evade 3 , but Scouts and Rangers do.

Yeah, its sad. Just y'day I had some scout shoot me while I couldnt shoot back. I ran in a bit and tried interrupting him with sureshot. He evaded the 1st arrow, then pulled his shield out and engaged me.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Beastcalling is a more complete spec-line then Pathfinding.

If you are shot by a scout as hunter and cant fire back, perhaps its wise to step 2 horse-lengths away to avoid the damage. If you still try to shoot scouts you aint learning yet :p

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Don't really want to get into an arguement about classes but I could complain that Hunters get a spear which can hit me for 300+ damage even with 40-50% melée resists or the fact that Rangers get CD which halves the effectiveness of my shield.

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence..... until you realise it's only greener because it's always pissing down over there. :)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Cybwyn said:
Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence..... until you realise it's only greener because it's always pissing down over there. :)

word

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Cybwyn said:

Word

Might sig that

Aklaim

Fledgling Freddie
Aye a Scout can't kill me in Melee while a hunter can, in about 3-4 shots with a LW Heat spear while Debuffed

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Those ranges are without +10% ToA range - which any self-respecting archer will have. (Or as close to this as possible) Making the difference between scouts and hunters even more extreme.

We can argue about which archer class is better until the cows come home, but the availability of buffbots pretty much made having a spell-line a non-issue.

pip

Banned
Hunters need more Lub :( Giv long bow Sheild for slam get rid of stupid pets :eek6: and bring back true sight :clap:

fajjtiz

Fledgling Freddie
hunter pets aren't complete wank, handy against scouts when they slam and try to shoot you with bow.. but i agree hunters are gimped compared to their counterparts in hib and alb.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Hunter pets are a pain in the fucking ass. :l

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Well Played hunters can do really well.

Pet-
Great against Scouts/Ranges and any other non stealth person. Because small shields don't work against more than 1 target this means you have a Much greater 'too hit' chance against the scout.
A caster can't do much apart from MoC if hes got both a hunter pet meleeing him and a Hunter shooting

gillan

Fledgling Freddie
Make all archers have the same range (without gear of'c). Give Evade 3 to Hunters.

There, all done no need fixing it any further.

Nomans

Can't get enough of FH
Hunter's pet doesnt do a lot against a caster, well not now with the ToA casting speed of 1 sec and quick cast..

Hunter has suffered ever since Mythic decided to take away chain armor, 1h spear, and shield... Some may argue the fact, but hunter only had evade 1 when the other 2 archers still had evade 3.

And also for a hunter to do well against another realms stealther, hunter needs PD4 to even stand a chance.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Whining because a Archer class wasn't able to have Chain armour and the option of Shield :p

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
That's because they're too stupid to put points into the arrows-tossing device until they reach level 50. ;)

(But yeah, the auto-training isn't particularly fair either. Hunters don't autotrain anything. There's only two classes in Midgard that autotrain anything - warriors (weapons) and shadowblades (stealth). Another one of Mythic confusing decisions.)

Nomans

Can't get enough of FH
It wasn't a whine, was just stating a few facts, well obviously someone had to whine from alb or hib for the hunter to lose it in the first place.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Whining because a Archer class wasn't able to have Chain armour and the option of Shield :p

Yeah pretty mad, i guess giving any stealth class chain is daft... wait.. lets give them AE mezz and insta stun as well meights!!1

Wait a sec...........

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Brunore said:
Yeah pretty mad, i guess giving any stealth class chain is daft... wait.. lets give them AE mezz and insta stun as well meights!!1

Wait a sec...........
And an ablative chant!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
The difference between a Scout with 10% range and a Hunter with 10% range is 220 units (2200+220)-(2000+200). Next time you're in game do /groundset 220 and you'll see exactly how far that really is - it'll be the distance from your character's feet to the centre of the groundtarget.

And yes historically longbows did fire further than recurve bows and horn bows. it's why Welsh archers were amongst the most sought after mercenaries in mediaeval Europe.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Fighting a whole lot of Hunters on Lance recently, and its very 50/50 vs a kobby spear hunter so pointless fuckign whine about the melee, hunters spears hurt like a **** especially since half of them have haste too.

As for the pets, how can anybody find a bad side to having a bloody pet as a stealther? set it on someone and it keeps them unstealthed long enough for you to get into position to pin cusion them.

Chretien is was the 'English' Long Bow Archers who were the most sort after iirc, hence the English Longbow, and most feard, thats exactly what scouts are supposed to be.

I think all have it pretty fair myself, rangers have good decent melee, but have a decent con class, hunters get pet, scouts get shield, live with it we're all shit in places but we cant be the best at everything.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
They should take away Scouts Stealth...Give them Chain and Parry

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Brunore said:

Wait a sec...........

How meny Stealth Spec minstrels do you see around :)

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
tbh its all mute as it wont happen.

scouts are realm defenders so shield is valid.

hunters are cabbage eating dog owners, this pet wolf is valid be thankfull its not a yorkshire terrier.

rangers are tree hugging peeps so pathfinding is valid.

hunters pet is good for interupt so if played properly can be nasty.

pathfinding and cd can be nasty if used to run and fire run and fire

scouts are light troops.

imv i would lose stealth to get chain but be like a merc, so tbh they balanced
scouts are trained in archery, where as hunters and rangers are secondary abilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom