Hunter RA question

K

Kindar

Just got my lvl 35 hunter rigged up on SC suit for both bg3 and his xping forward. So far everything is settled, spec, lvl 50 template.
Of course one thing bugged me...how to place my RA pts. Since im mostly in a pve guild, i doubt much im going to run in stealth zergs....unless with another hunter friend. But what should i get in the start?
TS would prolly be good, but what about it in the start?
Or should i aim for Purge instead when fighting other stealth classes capable of stunning?
Or bring out the "tanking" in the hunter and go for IP?

Would love some answers :)

X

xajorkith

I went for TS first (10 pts) and enjoy it very much, it has netted me lots of RP's and it is a "fun" RA.

Now I have got 7 pts spare, I too can't decide between:
Purge (10 pts - 30 min )
AP2 (19 pts - 15 min )
IP (23 pts - 30 min )

Fatbelly or some Hunter of his calibre is probably the best person to answer this!

B

Brevis

Ihave tried going for all passives like dodger, and falcons etc.
Didnt like that too much, didnt see the effect very rapidly and definetly did not increase my survival by much.

TS didnt do much good for me either, too big a timer (30mins)

So i went for IP, like that very much, saves me alot.
Got AP1 now also and aiming for AP2 at RR5L2, then its purge at 6L2 and then who knows what.

Im more of a tank hunter with a spec of
44 spear
40 bow
32 bc
35 stealth

K

kameh

If your mainly PVE go for Falcons eye first. Increases your chance to crit and unlike other RAs is useful in both PVE and RVR. Getting Getting IP would be handy too if you can get that many points, but it requires a lot of RvR :)

K

kathal_tdd

I would say IP is a must. After that TS is fun and you can get lots of RPs by useing it right.
Most of the time I play in 3-4 ppl grps and Purge seldom saves me.
I think I will respec from FA2, IP, Purge, TS to FA2, IP, TS, Long shot, Volley when I ding a few times.
Im rr 5L4 atm I think.
I like fun RAs and TS and Volley are fun :)

/em Fetches some more Gin.
Btw Im 44 Spear, 40 Bow, 32 BS, 35 Stealth.

L

luin

i think im possibly one of the only hunters in the game atm whos gone for LS and volley b4 TS or IP....

IMHO i think aswell as being the most fun hunter RA volley allows you to farm thousands and thousands of rps from keep raids/defense......therefore enableing you to buy TS more quickly :p

i luv standing in lord room and GTAEing casters resting at the back of alb zerg :)

death spammage..........Luin kills ***, Luin kills ****, Luin Kills ****

S

shatar

I first went for TS and had some fun with it, but didn't find it that great. I then respecced to try some passive bow skills, got aud dex 3 falcons eye 2 MoArchery 2 and got my draw speed to say 2s instead of 3s with my best bow buffed to the teeth. It was pretty nice for a lil but a hunter in RvR will always wind up in close combat, even though you don't want to. So when I hit 3L4 I respecced, yet again, to IP and am atm saving up for purge. I love IP, it has saved me so many times more than any of the other RA's have. But if you going PvE the passive bow skills might be nice.
Hunter's are fun :clap:

L

luin

what hunters really need is something like a insta mezz on a 15 or 30 min timer RA for 8 points, like tanks get IP to save their asses, hnters can mezz and use BC speed to leg it.....

either that or put a stun proc or something on TG armour cos as shater says as a hunter you invariably end up in melee and its not nice for a lil kobby....

C

Conchabar

get ts at higher rr unless u grp with sbs all the time.. go for passives first imho

K

kameh

Originally posted by luin
what hunters really need is something like a insta mezz on a 15 or 30 min timer RA for 8 points, like tanks get IP to save their asses, hnters can mezz and use BC speed to leg it.....

either that or put a stun proc or something on TG armour cos as shater says as a hunter you invariably end up in melee and its not nice for a lil kobby....

You have a speed reduction style with spear, use it, sprint a bit then hit the speed shout. A mez would be a little daft especially if your using a pet on the guy at the time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom