Hunter Questions

Bowyer

Fledgling Freddie
If I am spec'd 50 bow, does +12 to that skill make much difference in comparison to +10?

Also currently I am specc'd 50 bow, 35 stealth, 39 spear rest bc. I am close to rr5, should I be looking to change this spec? I enjoy sniping and my bow taking down chars fast but against just about every other stealther I get pwn'd in melee. I cap my base strength + constitution and I cap dex and quickness which both have + 20 cap. My hits are low at only 164, is this too low? Am I doing something wrong in melee or do I just suck? My resists are all above 25%.

Finally I am rr4L9 atm and was wondering how to spec my RA's? Currently I am specc'd: Aug Dex 4
Purge 1
Falcons Eye 2
Mastery of stealth 3

I used to have IP one in there for emergencys and found it quite handy but is it a waste of points? Am I missing anything important from my current RA spec and what should I be looking to spend my next points in?

Your comments/criticisms would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Purge 1 is a waste imo as you will mainly be purging stuns, if you worry about mezz, get ceremonial bracer.

Either spend the 5 points somewhere else, or save for Purge 2

IP surely isnt a waste but you need to get it to level 2 to be of much use, so I would leave it for a few more realm levels

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Bowyer said:
If I am spec'd 50 bow, does +12 to that skill make much difference in comparison to +10?

Also currently I am specc'd 50 bow, 35 stealth, 39 spear rest bc. I am close to rr5, should I be looking to change this spec? I enjoy sniping and my bow taking down chars fast but against just about every other stealther I get pwn'd in melee. I cap my base strength + constitution and I cap dex and quickness which both have + 20 cap. My hits are low at only 164, is this too low? Am I doing something wrong in melee or do I just suck? My resists are all above 25%.

Finally I am rr4L9 atm and was wondering how to spec my RA's? Currently I am specc'd: Aug Dex 4
Purge 1
Falcons Eye 2
Mastery of stealth 3

I used to have IP one in there for emergencys and found it quite handy but is it a waste of points? Am I missing anything important from my current RA spec and what should I be looking to spend my next points in?

Your comments/criticisms would be appreciated.

Thanks

Loosing 2 skill points will loose you around 3 hp per shot with a Fools Bow. The loss of Weapon Skill will not affect your ability to hit as you're over 51.

Loosing out on 34 hits is nothing to worry about.

Hunter's that do well at melee tend to have to spec 100% for it, and even then only tend to win when all their artifacts are up. You are specced bow, so don't expect to win a Toe to Toe fight unless you're lucky. You will pretty much always get hit as you have poor defence. Most of you enemeies have Malice and that is pretty overpowered to say the least and we can't use it.

What artfacts do you have? For Mele most use some of the following:
Shades of Mist,
Phoebes Harp,
Guard of Valour,
Winged Helm,
Maddening Scalers.

Do you switch spears depending on your enemy resistance?

You could drop bow from 50 to 45 and increase BC from 21 to 32, this will buy you some AF, give you a blue pet and faster and longer speed burst, better str/con buff too for wolf.

Or Drop bow and get spear to 44?

What ML are you? FZ will win you some fights.
Do you have a BB?

You are similarly specced RA and Skill wise to mee and I don't do well in Melee either, which is an irony as we are the Melee archer.

I am 45 bow, 39 Spear, 35 Stealth, 32 Beast Craft
MoS 3
Aug Dex 3
Falcons Eye 3
Toughness 3
Purge 1
IP 1

I would disagree about the usefulness of purge 1, for mele yes not much good as you'll be dead before the 5 seconds, but for sniping it will do.

The thing is everyone has their own play style, so spec for your style and what you like to do.

Brevis

Fledgling Freddie
Im 5l6 and currently have aom3 +emptymind1 along with pd4. This really helps alot when fighting in melee.

My spec is 50sword, 40bow, 35stealth, rest bc :)
When using arrows from the sharkskin gloves I usually hit for 450-500ish on casters/assassins/studded, tanks and healers usually go around 300-350 a pop.
So imo not much point in going 50bow, doubt youll notice much dam increase.

And its nice to pop a swing at an assassin with your heater for 350-450 ;)

Guindor

Fledgling Freddie
imo if u r going to be melee hunter....consider this...... vs assasins u will face prolly malice...evade7+an after evade stun and nice positionals styles....poisons.... and u have evade2.....no malice...and if u dont have any friendly sb to put poisons to ur weapon.... u could guess what the end will be..tho! melee hunters works better in high rr (rr7+ imo)...now vs rangers/scouts depends the spec they have but ranger has dual welding and i think they can use malice too and scouts have malice/shield and the rr5 which they can purge (op!?!?!?!) but u will have better possibilities than assasins :) tho vs tanks/hight tanks u have scale/plate/chain armor to face.... shield .... and staffs like dirty tricks etc etc etc so only if u could find low rr's imo... so as a conclusion in melee spec i would go 50 sword/spear 35bow( so u have rapid fire1) 32bc and 33-32stealth (remember that i told u melee hunters imo works on rr7+ so stealth 33+17=50 :) ) .... and go for full defensive template cause studded+44af from 32bc+50af from template+ gov proc =800af+ thing which is pretty good ...about toa bonuses i would aim for 10melee speed for sure and the others as much higher i could and if u have wing helm/som or any other usefull arti on ur template that would be cool :cheers: ....the only thing that i can say we have and others dont ... is the 2hand weapon.... so we might hit slowly (if u can reach 250qui would make ur life a bit easier) but when we hit we hit about 400+ for sure ;)

Atm i have bow spec with 50bow/44spea/35stealth rest bc... and my ra's r: mos4/ip2/aug dex4 my crit cap is 1124 and my normal shot cap is 567
Now for a melee cant say till i do own tests

I hope i helped u enough m8y and sry for the looooonnnnnggggg bla bla bla bla but u see i am working atm and bored to death

P.s Also consider that hibs stealthers have atleast yellow haste (but i am sure all have red) and u must have 1shaman bot and 1 healerbot if u want to have the same chances against them...

Over and out

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
My spec is 45bow, 35 stealth, 39 spear 32 BC, i hadnt considered changing it until recently, seeing more hunters go sword with battler, and speccing 50 weapon, 35 bow and the rest shared between BC and stealth.

Infs and NS are FOTM currently, it seems more have turned to melee spec hunters, with high dex and qui, and I cant blame them, these days hunters get pwnd a lot by infs and NS.

Also one small tip, if you dont have the luxury of a healer bot, get some AF5 MP boots, and put a haste charge on them, I think the highest alch one is +24% (correct me if im wrong), while wearing a Stardrop (+20% buff bonus).

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I think the highest alch one is +24% (correct me if im wrong), while wearing a Stardrop (+20% buff bonus).

I believe buff bonus only works on stat increasing buffs

Espen

Banned
imo keep the high bow until after clustering calms down.. i know several of my guildys specced high bow on their hunters now because they know how much keepsieges there will be after clustering.. when it calms down i would suggest ..

50spear 32 bc, 35 stealth rest bow... then get a melee template with 10% to melee speed, meleedmg styledamage... max strcap, be sure to fill 250 qui wich is rarely a problem.. then get as much af as possible, keep your neckyslot artifree and get yourself a stardrop.. keep battler in 1h slot so you can use the charge on enemies when needed.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
M8 if your specced high bow go try MOS5 and FE3 for afew days:p Trust me its fun fun fun:)Oh and use the sun weapons.Esp vs Galid or Iziz:)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Heres the best place to get useful into on hunter specs n stuff www.critshot.com , a minefield of great info.

As for RAs, I tried FE, and it blew goats, I went purge 1 (as theres always some arse standing next to me to get me AE mezzed), MOS3, a few aug dex and str, toughness and IP.

Bowyer

Fledgling Freddie
Well thanks for the help. I do have a BB so I am usually fully buffed. No haste bot however as that is just too much trouble. I'm only ML6 without any ML7 pre's so I'm a looong way off FZ. I would list my template for you to pick holes but that would make this post really long. The artys I use are : GSV, Mariasha's Gloves, Winged Helm, SoM, Fools Bow. I've got a Belt of the Sun to level 10 aswell but when I equip it and /use 2 no weapons appear in my inventory, do I have to have it equipped for a certain length of time for the weapons to appear? I know my template/spec and all that is no where near a melee spec, I just wouldnt mind being able to get them down to at least 60% of life before I'm eating the floor. Well I suppose I've gotten used to blasting my BC speed increase and if worse comes to worse /use speed enhancement on winged helm always pisses them off. I think I'll continue as a sniper style hunter as I don't think I'll ever reach a high enough rr to compete with other stealthers. Thanks for the advice all, much appreciated, I'll be sure to spend a few respec's trying all of the possibilities out. See you in the frontiers :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
BotS is on a 15 min timer, and can only be /use'd in daylight, once u equip it, you have to wait for its timer to expire.

gillan

Fledgling Freddie
Brevis said:
Im 5l6 and currently have aom3 +emptymind1 along with pd4. This really helps alot when fighting in melee.

How's empty mind working for you? Pop it often when facing lgm assasins?

Alein-Pain

Loyal Freddie
when u go for melee hunter u could try to get 42 bc to get last shield buff trust me it helps alot to have 785 af with stardrop and bow with buff bonus
o forgot to say that with this spec u can forget about shooting that much :)

ps sure is fun when a rr9 slash inf hits for 110 main hand when gov procs :)

my spec 50 spear 43 bc 34 stealth cant even remember what i got in bow spec and i think i do kind okish in melee

artis u need Scalers, Winged helm, SoM, GoV, RoD and a 1h battler is very nice its like old AP2

Brevis

Fledgling Freddie
well with cold weaps they hit around 100ish styled... inf's that is :)

Also nice if you are getting nuked by someone :)

gillan

Fledgling Freddie
My next template (Currently 48 spear, 35 st, 35 bow, 32 bc):

Statistics
STR:103/85
CON:71/80
DEX:101/100
QUI:62/87
Hits:184/240
AF:50/50

Resistances
Body: 25
Cold: 27+5
Heat: 16
Energy: 2
Matter: 19
Spirit: 18
Crush: 24+2
Slash: 28+3
Thrust: 26

Skills
Stealth: 11
Spear: 9

Bonuses
Style Damage: 4
Melee Damage: 7
Melee Combat Speed: 8

Chest (GoV)
Arms (Cinder tainted)
Head (Winged Helm)
Hands (Maddening Scalars)

Legs:
Imbue: 37.5/32 (Quality: 100)
Gem 1: 2 Stealth
Gem 2: 28 Constitution
Gem 3: 9 Cold
Gem 4: 9 Body

Feet:
Imbue: 37.5/32 (Quality: 100)
Gem 1: 28 Constitution
Gem 2: 5 Spirit
Gem 3: 5 Thrust
Gem 4: 5 Spear

One-handed (battler)
Two-Handed (spirit/heat/cold weap (resistance above with spirit)
Neck (Beading Resist Stone)
Cloak (Shades of mist)
Jewel (Aigleans earing)
Belt (Oglidarsh's Belt)
Left Ring (Ring of Dances)
Right Ring (Krojers dex)
Left Wrist (Ebon Hide Bracer)
Right Wrist (Black Wrap)

Now if only I could make all the different timers work together :<

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
Im specced 35 bow 50 spear 32 bc 32 stealth , i piss on most stealthers while using this shite template lol , the R'as i use are ip2 purge2 mop3 mos3 tough3 augdex 3 fe1.
Ive hit infs for well over 700 damage in melee with sun spear , learn your oppnents and there weaknesses ,switch to different types on spear and kick there arses :p FZ imo is a win tool so bloody easy <ask horner lol>.
Hunter's at rr7+ are nasty vicoius basts stick with em you will soon reap the rewards :D

Denni xxx

www.freewebs.com/denarius

R

Requiel

Im specced 35 bow 50 spear 32 bc 32 stealth , i piss on most stealthers while using this shite template lol , the R'as i use are ip2 purge2 mop3 mos3 tough3 augdex 3 fe1.
Ive hit infs for well over 700 damage in melee with sun spear , learn your oppnents and there weaknesses ,switch to different types on spear and kick there arses :p FZ imo is a win tool so bloody easy <ask horner lol>.
Hunter's at rr7+ are nasty vicoius basts stick with em you will soon reap the rewards :D

Denni xxx

Denarius Daoc Screen Shots :: RR8 Sexy Kobbieh Huntah!

Horner is RR12 , you're history , you've been banned get over it already :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom