Hunter or SB?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
What would u prefer and why? Hunter, shadowzerk SB or 2 h crit spec SB?
Not counting MLs and RRs as a pro and con.

Nate

FH is my second home
dunno about spec but sb is by far better in the stealther wars atm imo, its why so many are playing them :p i have a hunter and i dont really want to play it atm have more fun on my thid sb ;o

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
dunno about spec but sb is by far better in the stealther wars atm imo, its why so many are playing them :p i have a hunter and i dont really want to play it atm have more fun on my thid sb ;o
Well at lvl 24 100% dual wield is pretty OPed vs the other stealthers, i have fought most good SBs on cluster and im not to impressed even tho they look great on paper. 50 sword hunter with 2 celer proc parts could be very strong

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd say SB is alot more challengeing tbh.

Hunters are quite easy... bowing ppl isnt that hard tbh and meleeing them as a hunter.. you only need rearstun and taunt tbh :D

Sb's give you grief on how to spec and are versatile.

Also hunters are quite timerbased in melee, while sb's can compete without em when played right.

Lethul

FH is my second home
i play a pure 2h critblade. its great fun, i have no MLs and can compete with most people (heavy defence guys and lucky evade streaks is my bane!). nothing like taking out a caster from an FG while they run over a bridge then escape :)

it is by no means optimal vs other stealthers tho, but if you make a SL heavy template you can kill most other stealthers if not to unlucky. will prolly be hard before remedy tho (ws debuff+malice debuff makes them evade 99.9999% :p)

hunter on the other hand is quite boring to play imo. had one along time ago and its not alot of stuff to do. its only a few styles and a bow pretty much.

critblade = zen, dont attack unless you line up that PA. fun and challenging imho!

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
I'd say SB is alot more challengeing tbh.

Hunters are quite easy... bowing ppl isnt that hard tbh and meleeing them as a hunter.. you only need rearstun and taunt tbh :D

Sb's give you grief on how to spec and are versatile.

Also hunters are quite timerbased in melee, while sb's can compete without em when played right.

bla bla bla Mister Ive-neverplayed-hunter... Hunters are the superpwnage of the year, but Im hjavin some heck of a trouble with.. speccing mine, I lack 6-5 stealth which results in green mobs uncovering me but some tard albs can seem to run straight through me at times...
Getting the right target (being able to do things nice and easy) is hard as hell, and meleeing folks.. was an era back some time ago when I COULD melee a rr6 NS who popped me, but that never happens nowadays.

Long story short: Hunters rule! Make one, and you will find urself... something. And do NOT spec BC, christ, what a waste of points. (Yes, I have reached RR4 w/o BC, and I am not mad)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
kobbie SB ofc \o/ and critspec. then at least you'll look good :)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Either because no matter what you roll you will wish you rolled the other grass is always greener etc or roll both :p

have a 50 sb and a 49 hunter enjoy playing both when my pc isnt fucked which hasnt been a lot of late :(

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Got a hunter - wish i had a SB. i would go SB if i were you, couse each time i meet someone in melee. i die - (might just be me - my spec and my equpment) but i would do better if i were a SB ;)

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
kobold hunter, 100% bow 0% melee, they are the better killer machine to solo light tanks, shield tanks and assasins!

Babybanana

Loyal Freddie
Sb prolly easier. Hunter can´t kill ppl in low rank, must leach long time, if lucky can kill with bow solo casters. When rr6 might actually kill ppl in melee, but need to be atleast ml8, need fz. When rr8 there isn´t any enemy what u can´t win if all abilitites up, but ip and fz have 15 min timer. That means that u can kill 1 hard enemy every 15 mins and if abilities down, u need to play very good and prolly need to kite that u can win

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul: ive fought ur sb when u didnt land ur PA even tho i have crap defence i didnt have to hard of a time. not sure what wep u ue tho, but on paper it look mighty fun. Ur spaming makes me think its a strong way to go tho:)

Babybanana: mabye u should try and ue another wep vs me to have a greater chance of succes.

Thes: how do u like or SB compaired to ur NS and ranger?

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Valgyr said:
Thes: how do u like or SB compaired to ur NS and ranger?

SB seems to be alot more different from my NS then i would have thought at first. You need a couple RR's to be able to dish out some pain though.

I now got to 5L7 and I start to kill melee rangers and tanks with higher rr quite often. SB's seem to have great potential when you gain some RR's. NS's and Ran gers are alot better at low rr, but I think SB will outshine them once you get rr7+

The thing is SB's are more of a challenge then the NS and Ranger is becoming a noob class, thats why I have stopped playing it a year ago.

SB's are very RR reliable because of the fact that you need LA at a good level to be able to dish out the dmg , but CS has the utility.

It seems that untill rr6 at least 39 LA for the stun and raised dmg, 44 CS and 2x (for the 37 comp) evenom is the way to go.

So when you gain higher rr you can go for 50 envenom with a decent enough spec in LA.

I would say go SB and go with a race that you will find fun/funky to play, don't choose Norseman cuz its the best race if you like valkyn or kobby or frosty better because the thing is that you will have a tough road ahead as a SB and at least that way you keep having fun. Like i rolled a kobby, wich is the worst race as a SB but I just really enjoy playing it even when i lose because I love to watch the little dude move :p

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Well if i were to roll out of coolness i would go dwarf huntress or monkey SB:)

gohan

FH is my second home
norse sword hunter with ragnarok an 10% melee damage style ect TBH ^^ + celar an 101 str ofc an beast craft is pwnage yellow spec AF FTW + pet 1/2 the evade rate on assasens or block rate on tanks so get blue pet for sure

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
norse sword hunter with ragnarok an 10% melee damage style ect TBH ^^ + celar an 101 str ofc an beast craft is pwnage yellow spec AF FTW + pet 1/2 the evade rate on assasens or block rate on tanks so get blue pet for sure
pet doesn't 1/2 the evade rate, think about it as a dmg over time who can force a lot of ablative SoM procs on your enemy, lucky it will change at 1.84

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom