Hunter items/specs and stuff

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Need help with what items are good for a hunter as well Artifacts. What bow is best, artifacts <Braggers bow> Ore Immolated Bow from some Ml dungeon and what specs are good. I got quite few specs but i think this one is the best.

35 Sth / 39 Spear / 45 bow / 35 BC.

And Chest artifact ore item, GsV takes fare to long to lvl when i already need to lvl it on my SB and GoV cost to much time and money to get scrolls to and to make/camp. So is there any good ml chest peice ore is the Temaplte better then?. And what Arrows, omg arrows, no idea what arrows to use at all at a high lvl. (bg1 chr atm).

RA. I know that Purge is needed for all Chr's as well is MoS but what more?? from rr1-4 i need to what abilitys i need to take. That is about it plz Post some answers ore somthing :) really need this kinda info to get my hunter to a good stage :)

Over and out from me and Merry Christmas to all :cheers:

Norsefejd
Parameddic Healer rr2l8
Baldarina Shammy rr2l9

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Your spec depends on what you want really. If you want to be a sniper type, spec high Bow. If you want to be able to melee some, spec Spear. I would however suggest dropping Beastcraft to very low (get first speedshout and thats it, the pet is pants). I would aim to get Purge2, MoS4 I think first. You will be able to stay hidden a lot and decide on which fights you want to fight.
Best of luck :)

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
ty very much for the info Animus i will do that, that less i have in BC that more i can have in bow and spier to make more dmg :) very helpfull :D
:cheers:

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Animus said:
Your spec depends on what you want really. If you want to be a sniper type, spec high Bow. If you want to be able to melee some, spec Spear. I would however suggest dropping Beastcraft to very low (get first speedshout and thats it, the pet is pants). I would aim to get Purge2, MoS4 I think first. You will be able to stay hidden a lot and decide on which fights you want to fight.
Best of luck :)
Depends on your playstyle.. I like my pet.. with Mastery of stealth 3 im not likely gonna get PA bye infil even if they can see my position with the pet.. also a buffed pet hits for about 150-170dmg... But then again I most be the only hunter outthere running around with a buffed pet.. its a different playstyle I know but thats how I play.. In oldfrontiers my pet almost soloed a ooe infiltrator... the infil had killed a mid and I had put my buffed pet on him.. was gonna start fireing my arrows but a alb group passed bye so I just stood and watch the fight and to my surprise the infil was killed bye my pet.. the infil had about 75% health at start of figth and since he had just killed a mid i think he was ooe

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
when i tryed buffed pet, bott, pet was hitting shammy max ~120dmg, whitout buffs stay around 70dmg.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Ohh so 35 BC is somthing that is very helpfull? Well when you say a buffed pet, is it the buffs a hunter have to cast on pet, ore do i buff the pet with shammy boffs? and dose that mean that i lose much dmg on my bow if i give my pet 35 BC spec and not 50 bow and high weapon?? :)

Majsan

Fledgling Freddie
50 spear 45 bow 35 stealth rest bc is my hunters specc, spear damage is insane and with mos3+ you can land razor(backstun) quite alot, 50 spear is the funniest imo!

And immolated bow - gov/gsv/chimera/tg hauberk is the good ones i know, maybe 2.10 hauberk to.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
k ty, was very helpfull :) will surly need to think what specs i am gonna use now, but i hope i chose the right one :D

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Full respecs arent that costly :) And if you're doing a ToA suit anyways... :)

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
Immolated bow aint all that great, the good thing with it is that it's relatively easy to get, it's just a question of spending enough time on fire island. And it matches the stats of Fools bow quite good.

I'd say the best bow in the game is the ml 10 one, Astral Bow of Dismay. There's no bow that even comes close to it. However, you're playing mid, so good luck getting it.

Dawar, the djinni on the slope above the Braggarts Bow encounter drops a very nice one too, Storm Struck Bow it's called. Dawar is easy to kill with 2 warriors and a bot, probably you can do it with a solo warrior + bot too. Just kite the controlled statue to aerus haven, let the guards kill it, then you kill Dawar. This is the bow I'd recommend. Fairly easy to get, and very nice stats. Also it's a good one if you wanna alternate with Fools Bow.
I'm quite certain this bow can drop off other mobs in the Aerus region too.

Falcon's Talon is a very nice bow from the ML9 dungeon, never seen it drop. Just had it in mind when making the template for my hunter.

Cyrek drops a decent one, Cyclone bearded bow. I don't find it all that fantastic, but some ppl really seem to like it though, I put 2 of it on my cm at 25p each, both were gone within 2 hours.

As for the hauberk, go for GSV.

Mikal

Fledgling Freddie
as for arrows, buy plenty of the best for each damage type, learn which armour types is vulnerable to which resist (all armour in game are vulnerable to one melee damage type, resistant to one and neutral to one) or get an interface that has a armour resist table in it. And use it depending on which target you fire on. f.ex. is you see a cleric, you need to know that he's wearing chain, and that alb chain is vulnerable to thrust, so you use thrust arrows on him (use /quiver to get a window that lets you easily switch between arrow types) of course you don't always have to time figure out what class a target is, then just remember that all alb armours are neutral to slash, and all hib armours are neutral to crush. Remember that and things can't go all wrong

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
My buffed pet have hit 150-170 on both infils, scouts, rangers and nightshades.. running around with a buffed pet from a shaman though takes a different playstyle and it isnt easy since I usually try hiding it close to trees bridge openings etc, roaming.. and going above 32 in beast I dont really see any point in if you got a BB.. .. If your playing without buffs these days I would probably go for high bow specc + high BC though and I would focus on keep def/takes

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Powerleveling my hunter in Moderna right now, to make more test of her i will only go to lvl 39 and try that bg with a bb ofc :D and at lvl 50 i have a bb for her as well :D. and i think i will go more in Spiear and bow that BC, but still a little in BC because if pet dose 2-300 dmg in a fight can lead for a win for me ofc :)

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
balkeriz said:
Powerleveling my hunter in Moderna right now, to make more test of her i will only go to lvl 39 and try that bg with a bb ofc :D and at lvl 50 i have a bb for her as well :D. and i think i will go more in Spiear and bow that BC, but still a little in BC because if pet dose 2-300 dmg in a fight can lead for a win for me ofc :)

i doubt a pet will do 200-300 dmg m8y...u better off going higher in the weapon or bow to maximise the damage you can do. With buffs you dont really need much bc except speed shout and pet to be annoying.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
DaggerElivager said:
i doubt a pet will do 200-300 dmg m8y...u better off going higher in the weapon or bow to maximise the damage you can do. With buffs you dont really need much bc except speed shout and pet to be annoying.
well pet dont adn never will do 2-300 dmg in one hit, but in a "Fight" if will end up with making around 2-300 dmg, til he dies, you misunderstod if i'm right :D and yes ofc, will go high Weapon and bow and focus on Def/and tower takes so i can get more ore less ewasy RP's the first 62000 rps :)

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
your original spec is okay...it is very allround and the way to go at low RR. i wouldnt lower BC, i like the pet...not becaurse the damage it does (which is a joke) but becaurse of its utility. the doggy will interupt enemy caster/archer while u fight another enemy, it will chase down enemy stealther trying to get away and stealth, and it will reduce evaderate on enemies if its attacking the same one u are. Later when you have a descent RR u could try for a no BC spec but imo dont do it to begin with, your weaponskill will not be high enough.

arrows: get marisha gloves to level10 and summon some :)

ps: the doggy also brings a certain "fluffyness" to your char, that cant be a bad thing or? :p

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Legohelten said:
your original spec is okay...it is very allround and the way to go at low RR. i wouldnt lower BC, i like the pet...not becaurse the damage it does (which is a joke) but becaurse of its utility. the doggy will interupt enemy caster/archer while u fight another enemy, it will chase down enemy stealther trying to get away and stealth, and it will reduce evaderate on enemies if its attacking the same one u are. Later when you have a descent RR u could try for a no BC spec but imo dont do it to begin with, your weaponskill will not be high enough.

arrows: get marisha gloves to level10 and summon some :)

ps: the doggy also brings a certain "fluffyness" to your char, that cant be a bad thing or? :p
Original specc ok?? show me the point of speccing BC above 32 cause at 32 you get last pet.. .. The BC i suggest on my hunter page has 34 bc in it and that was only to get the last speedshout.. that was only because see hidden was at cliprange and you got constantly jumped bye assassins = needed to get away far to not be seen again.. now as the game is evolving if you want a pet go 32 beast NO HIGHER.. only reason to go higher would be if you dont have a BB and want the dex/qui buffs to run and do keepdef.. but then you will probably take BC even higher..

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
Reeeet, My first spec was 44spear 40bow 35stealth 32BC, used that till way into rr6, nice alround spec, good dmg with spear, plenty enough with bow, blue pet always handy, I would suggest that spec for low rr since u get both of best worlds.

In OF my best spec was 50spear 45bow 32stealth 16bc, uber dmg with spear, lvl20 pet for inturpet etc, good dmg for bow aswell, well as good as hunters get ;)

Currently using 50spear 35bow 32steath/BC in NF, since ironicly enough i hardly ever get to use my bow, But when i do, bow dmg is good enough for me, does 200-300 a shot, and now with the influx of scouts and rangers, the blue pet is a life saver ;)

(p/s im rr8 atm, hence 32stealth so may have to tweak it a little)

As for items, You can either aim for melee or archer, I went for melee, since its all great being a 'sniper' etc, but when u actually get in melee, your fawked, Using Gov, Scalars, Som in current template, + items to boost my caps up to +26str, and +24dex

However if u plan to hide in keeps and towers, or just stealth zerg, archer spec is ok, since u rarely get hit. Hope that answers most of ye questions

Hansemann

Fledgling Freddie
just remember that all alb armours are neutral to slash, and all hib armours are neutral to crush. Remember that and things can't go all wrong

mids are neutral to crush, hibs are neutral to thrust, albs are neutal to slash :)

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
ty you all for you cindeness to post so much info aboute all the things i can use to get the perfect start :D and will try to get the best out of it aswell :D just need to lvl the last bit of her :D

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
Original specc ok?? show me the point of speccing BC above 32 cause at 32 you get last pet.. .. The BC i suggest on my hunter page has 34 bc in it and that was only to get the last speedshout.. that was only because see hidden was at cliprange and you got constantly jumped bye assassins = needed to get away far to not be seen again.. now as the game is evolving if you want a pet go 32 beast NO HIGHER.. only reason to go higher would be if you dont have a BB and want the dex/qui buffs to run and do keepdef.. but then you will probably take BC even higher..

arf didnt see it was 35, thougth it was 34...dont go higher then 34 unless u dont have a bot.
and the point was not how BC was but if u should have a doggy or not

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ive been talking to a few norsies.... one in particular had me intrested with a spec: 50 sword, 44 bow, 35 stealth and 8 BC i think it was, if you have a bot the BC isnt that great, only real use is the speed and the pet for chasing (i quite honestly never found much use with a buffed bet from 32 BC, just got killed all the time anyway :p )

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
what i post earlier about pet dmg, ment whit shammy buffs, offocurse you can get littlebit higher dmg against cloth/leather/studded users comparing shammy who wear chain.

good allaround spec is, like few other allready say, 40 bow, 44 spear, 32 bc and rest st.

atm after ~2 month "break/trying end daoc playing" didnt touch my hunter and respecced to 50 bow, 44 spear, 35 st and rest bc.
hard yet to say how it looks, using only fools bow because want get it lvl 10 and after this heavier dmg bow against players, + my hunters race is dwarf :D not best but my 1st daoc char and have for me some unique touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom