Hulk

O

old.job

Just watched new Hulk movie trailer.

How cool is that!!! Now that's the proper Hulk, spinning a tank round by it's turret and throwing it 10 miles.

Old Lou Ferringo would have pulled a muscle.

trailers

Website

H

Hargh

However the hulk is one of the crapest superheros about

Oh im getting angry! oh im the hulk. smash. now ive calmed down. end.

Only one man can save this and that's Ang Lee - i have hopes.

ps J Connelly is fit as.

T

The Real Redi

See, every person whos ever read a comic book gets soo paranoid when they hear rumours of a film adaptation, and rightly so. Bad examples of cool comics:

Judge Dredd :puke:
Captain America :lol:
Spawn
and my personal award for "Worst-choice-to-play-the-lead" goes to David Hasslehoff for his portrayel of Nick Fury :eek:

But stop living in the past, like i have done, and take another watch of X-Men, Spiderman and the even numbered Batman films... see! it can be done!

I have my fingers crossed that the use of graphics for Teh Hulk wont be as blatantly false as they were in something like Babylon 5 (big pile of shit), with lame textures and uber reflective chrome everything. Looks great from the trailer, i agree with that <nods>

Just have to wait for Lobo now :clap:

disclaimer: I know techinically that Nick Fury, Judge Dredd and Batman weren't Superheros, but you know what i mean! :p

K

klavrynd

the spawn comics are actually quite cool, the movie however sucked monkeyballs.

T

Trahg

Originally posted by The Real Redi
See, every person whos ever read a comic book gets soo paranoid when they hear rumours of a film adaptation, and rightly so. Bad examples of cool comics:

Judge Dredd :puke:
Captain America :lol:
Spawn
and my personal award for "Worst-choice-to-play-the-lead" goes to David Hasslehoff for his portrayel of Nick Fury :eek:

But stop living in the past, like i have done, and take another watch of X-Men, Spiderman and the even numbered Batman films... see! it can be done!

I have my fingers crossed that the use of graphics for Teh Hulk wont be as blatantly false as they were in something like Babylon 5 (big pile of shit), with lame textures and uber reflective chrome everything. Looks great from the trailer, i agree with that <nods>

Just have to wait for Lobo now :clap:

disclaimer: I know techinically that Nick Fury, Judge Dredd and Batman weren't Superheros, but you know what i mean! :p

Well, X-men, spiderman and batman is both good as comics and as movies. Now tell me why the hulk, which is kind of crappy, should be good as a movie :p

Originally posted by Hargh
Oh im getting angry! oh im the hulk. smash. now ive calmed down. end.
Bullseye! :clap:

Lobo could be interesting though. ;)

O

old.Halfpint

The thing with the "New Hulk" is that his pants don't rip. I mean come on..it was bad enough in the telly series when Bill Bixby turned into Lou Ferino, but the new hulk is as big as a fuckin tank! Or maybe the pants are like 80's stretch denim, I never considered that (will have to see if the new pre-hulk guy is sporting a set of levi's "acid wash ankle freezers", those things were tighter than paint).

I always thought the TV series was realy sad though, that music still brings a lump to my throat.

J

Jiggs

i'm more looking forward to the 'league of extrodinary gentlemen' hopefully a better realisation of an alan moore story then 'from hell' was.

i have two words to say on the x-men movies:

NO GAMBIT

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Jiggs
i'm more looking forward to the 'league of extrodinary gentlemen' hopefully a better realisation of an alan moore story then 'from hell' was.

NO GAMBIT

Yet.

They bring in more and more characters in little cameos each movie (or so far anyhow) that are going to feature in the next one - Iceman for example, cameo in first, bigger part in second. They had a cameo of Colossus in this one, bet he's going to figure in the third one. (and I'm sure I've forgotten some)

I'm sure they'll include Gambit sooner or later :p

M

Munkey-

batman movies rocked.

I demand the furry blue monster in X3 now!

K

Karam_gruul

hulk looks teh uber. maybe a 'tad' computerised, but nm, just gotta try to look past it.

plus, its got teh all time ownz0r act0r in it, eric bannah, the guy that plays chopper in the film... ...... chopper. amazing actor.

O

old.LandShark

NO GAMBIT

Blatantly next film (if there is one) will give light roles to gambit (amongst others) and with any luck nightcrawler and shadowcat will feature more prominently :>

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by old.LandShark
next film (if there is one)

Of course there will be one.

Judging by the success of the first 2, there'll be an X-Men 26 in a few years time :p

J

Jiggs

hmm well the ending is kind of like the start of the dark phoenix saga so i'm guessing that the next will be some sort of adaptation of that story...

buuuuut ANYWAY like give the ragin' cajun already :D

V

Validus

tried the mega mega short demo for "the hulk" pc game. i like it

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Validus
tried the mega mega short demo for "the hulk" pc game. i like it

it's awesome as hulk, the Bruce Banner parts are awefull tho
and the Hulk bits get repetitive too rather fast...which is quite a shame

O

old.LandShark

hmm well the ending is kind of like the start of the dark phoenix saga so i'm guessing that the next will be some sort of adaptation of that story...

buuuuut ANYWAY like give the ragin' cajun already :D

I demand that Rogue stop being such a feeble goddamn character in the next film :/ Was totally hopeless in X1 and only mildly better in X2... pfff.
As for the dark phoenix plot, sod it tbh :p She's welcome to stay dead imho, no crazy deep-space energy being crap to muddy up the next film :p
Alternatively they could bring her back but have the film tell that it was her own power...

M

mestoph

From everything i've seen, and ppl i know have seen, and to top it the film magazines making the same comments. The effects in HULK are POOR, and should of been 10x better. For the above comment about B5 graphic's, its about the same level of effects in HULK and considering B5 is like 8-10 years old now, and was TV thats saying something. B5 effects were good at the time, but are looking dated now. I remember rendering stuff from B5 season 2, when season 3 aired and it took 16 hours to render some scenes, the same scenes take all over 10 mins to render on my current desktop, without using the beowulf cluster to do the work quick.

O

old.Tohtori

Lobo...a correct portrait of Lobo?...i hope they smack the R rating to 18+ since no bloody way can they do a movie of the toughest MF in the galaxy without gore and violence :p

O

old.LandShark

if they can have Neo smashing people in the face with an iron pole and, well, the whole of the wolverine vs deathstrike fight, without gore... then I'm sure they can manage a blood-free Lobo :p

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.LandShark
if they can have Neo smashing people in the face with an iron pole and, well, the whole of the wolverine vs deathstrike fight, without gore... then I'm sure they can manage a blood-free Lobo :p

But...but...it's Lobo! The guy who swings a chain around his head and slams the hook into the very testicles of Santa Claus :p

That would be a lovely movie... Lobo's Christmas...ah..the memories. Penguins, bombs...knife fight with Kris Kringle.

O

old.LandShark

I'm glad your head is closed to the public, tbh.

O

old.Tohtori

Most of the time. But you know i sometimes share the information inside my little skull and you like it when i do! :p

I don't think anyone on this blue planet could even survive a pure tip into this mind...scary..even to myself and i confuse myself even more then i do others.

O

old.job

The CGI quality is a problem, Spidermans graphics looked like they were done by a student using a P3 laptop, and probably were.

CGI just isn't quite there yet, that's why LOR used models and a movie everyone hated I loved, AI , the ending of that film is so out there.

"I will break David"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom