Huh? Rob from the church and get an XBox?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6184820.stm

The teenagers are accused of breaking into the South Hills Evangelical Church (SHEC) just before midnight on 12 November and causing several thousand dollars' worth of damage.

"They did smash some stuff, like computer monitors, windows, televisions and sprayed a fire extinguisher in the gym," Mr Reimer said.

Cannabis, a pipe and some pills were found on the teenagers, he said.

Church members began to collect donations for "love baskets" to present to the youths.

"We've collected several hundred dollars' worth of gift cards, Xboxes and controllers, a DVD, a VCR," said Mr Reimer.

If the teenagers escape a jail sentence, the church hopes the gifts will help keep them off the streets and out of trouble.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
am i reading this wrong, or are they rewarding them for breaking in? :S

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
am i reading this wrong, or are they rewarding them for breaking in? :S

yup, two kids break into the church cause loads of damage and smash stuff up - so they buy them an xbox, DvD and VCR's

Alan said:
yup, two kids break into the church cause loads of damage and smash stuff up - so they buy them an xbox, DvD and VCR's

Well, if it keeps them at home, then it works, no?

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I'd cause some destruction if someone gave me a VCR as a present.

;)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
lol so break in and then the church give them stuff, who says religion isnt fooked up

Nate

FH is my second home
Naetha said:
I'd cause some destruction if someone gave me a VCR as a present. ;)

they still sell those? ;o

different approach to usual, but would being angry at them have a better effect? but guess when there done with whatever they get sentanced who knows, maybe they'll get a free car next time ;p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Nate said:
they still sell those? ;o

different approach to usual, but would being angry at them have a better effect?

Course not, they'd get brrrrrrrrrrrap'd! :D

Nate

FH is my second home
Vladamir said:
Course not, they'd get brrrrrrrrrrrap'd! :D

too right bruv, they don't know wot there chattin abat

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
But if they were caught bumming each other in the chruch they would have been shot right?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Id rather invest in a spank-o-matic to the partent :)

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Its not religion going weird, its religion going right! Showing grace to those who do wrong to you was a major role in the life of one particular religious figure - Guess who! (free mince pies, since its Christmas, for the right answers!)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Jeremiah said:
Its not religion going weird, its religion going right! Showing grace to those who do wrong to you was a major role in the life of one particular religious figure - Guess who! (free mince pies, since its Christmas, for the right answers!)

Elvis?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Jeremiah said:

i pitty the foo who doesnt know its illegal to eat mince pies on christmas day :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Jeremiah said:

If you mean that Jesus guy, he was a hooligan.

HE trashed a marketplace, he didn't respect authority, he rallied up people to fight against "opressive" romans, he spoke about hippy things like loving thyself while bringing the kegs to a party...among other things...he wasn't a chirst, he was an anar-chist, ask any REAL religion teacher and you'll hear i'm right.

But as a person, he does know good PR. Hell, look at his booksales.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
If you mean that Jesus guy, he was a hooligan.

HE trashed a marketplace, he didn't respect authority, he rallied up people to fight against "opressive" romans, he spoke about hippy things like loving thyself while bringing the kegs to a party...among other things...he wasn't a chirst, he was an anar-chist, ask any REAL religion teacher and you'll hear i'm right.

But as a person, he does know good PR. Hell, look at his booksales.

Actually he obeyed the Mosiac Jewish law, he just didnt obey the rules created by man :) The people loved him because he spoke truth, and the Pharisees hated him because he didnt respect the laws they had built on top of that given by God and written by Moses :)

But anyway - a mince pie for you! But eat it before Christmas day or the UK police will be after you!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Jeremiah said:

err i think maybe they could have gone about it in a different way though tbh, i mean the kids broke in, took drugs and they give them an xbox which could be sold to buy more drugs maybe?

i do agree with you though theyre on the right track(ish) maybe they should have looked in to improving the kids home lives in a way to improve their personalities, like looking at how to motivate them, possibly a rehab camp (like on brat camp eh?) and making them want to be better people because im pretty sure those kids would not have thought "aw gee thats really nice, i'll stop being a shit and turn to the good side" what they probably thought was "haha suckers, wonder what else i can get out of them if i break a few of their parish members legs?"

I'm not normally a hug em and forgive em type of person but as someone pointed out yelling at them doesnt work, anyone see "under dogs"? it was a show about 6 drop out teenagers (all the main sterio types, the chav, the drunk, the attention whore etc etc) and they sent them to work at the dogs trust charity, they were (unbeknownst to them) paired up with dogs who mirrored their behaviour, the kids clicked and realised how infuriating it is to get through when people (or dogs) wont listen, they had 5 weeks to train them for a showing at crufts and omg it was amazing the change and responsibility displayed by those kids, if i won the lotto i would fund a programme like that because it was so good for the people and (more importantly lol) the dogs.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Jeremiah said:
Actually he obeyed the Mosiac Jewish law, he just didnt obey the rules created by man :) The people loved him because he spoke truth, and the Pharisees hated him because he didnt respect the laws they had built on top of that given by God and written by Moses :)

But anyway - a mince pie for you! But eat it before Christmas day or the UK police will be after you!

Now-a-days he'd still be a metalhead, trashing a policestaton while drunk on a nice bottle of port :)

Thanks for the pie, but since i haven't eten one before, and i'm not british, and i really doubt that MI6 are interested in pies that much(or so i think...) i'll eat in on X-mas day just to shove it to the man :D

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Ezteq said:
omg it was amazing the change and responsibility displayed by those kids,.

i seen some of this. generally i dont find these programmes amazing. they arnt super special people for realizing they are twats and hard to get through to.
any rational person should be able to accept a criticism and change the behaviour if they so wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom