http://www.rpgfilms.net/ Site taken down :(

illu

Part of the furniture
http://www.rpgfilms.net/

Bah, as pointed out by a guildee, this great source of RvR Movies has currently been taken down because of people using artists music in their videos.

What a load of rubbish.

:(((((

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
I wonder if "most" of the videos were re-encoded with no sound whether that would be ok.

Tbh - what a load of bullshit though. I have in fact BOUGHT some CD's because of videos I have seen on that site, Godsmack, Apocalyptica just to name a few, so I don't think it is harming the industry, more like it is "showcasing" some of the music to a wider audience.

So pissed off.

Oli - Illu

rure

Fledgling Freddie
lol I just read RIAAs message to the webmaster. what a load of bullshit unfortunately.

Thing is that they arent even sure about their case either.

RIAA said:
We have a good faith belief that the above-described activity is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. We assert that the information in this notification is accurate, based upon the data available to us.

Light

Loyal Freddie
fuking morons - alot of the vids act as a free marketing tool for their music

not like u r gonna rip the music from the vid to listen to it now is it ..

Werrin

Fledgling Freddie
What a newbs, they have to realise, if ppl watch a movie and like the music, they will buy the bands CD (Or download but thats other thing imo...), thats Good to bands, not bad! Tards, all i can say, Tards...

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
That's just fucking BS :(

Really liked the site etc ... Funny thing is that alot of the great music u hear/discover in those videos makes u buy the cd's... The way i found out about the great band In Flames were through daoc videos...

This is just retarded imo, and just makes a clear example about how clueless the Music Industry is ... A damn shame

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I wonder if "most" of the videos were re-encoded with no sound whether that would be ok.

Tbh - what a load of bullshit though. I have in fact BOUGHT some CD's because of videos I have seen on that site, Godsmack, Apocalyptica just to name a few, so I don't think it is harming the industry, more like it is "showcasing" some of the music to a wider audience.

same with me lol

and the fucktards doesnt even realize its marketing potential lol

zzzzzzzzzz

Flaps

Fledgling Freddie
what a load of bull, its not like ppl will play a daoc vid over and over again to hear their ooh so great song.. this is being blown way out of proportion imo

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Really pisses me off, retarded RIAA. IMO many of the movies promoted the music in it, I first heared some In Flames songs in a daoc movie ( prolly DH movie) and I have bought an album of them too, probably because of the songs I heared in the movie. Really, really sad...

theres another thread about this too btw

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=66500

Espen

Banned
is it just me that thought it was hackers that took down the site? because the setup of the site looked alot like hackerwork with the big red letters, the wrong spacing and so on..

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I actually bought the Disturbed cd cuz of the DH video. And if I really really wanted to rip off music, there are better ways that take less hard drive space tbh.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
I actually bought the Disturbed cd cuz of the DH video. And if I really really wanted to rip off music, there are better ways that take less hard drive space tbh.

So true

Strange with RIAA saying it wasnt them :p Site is just a white page now.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
or maybe hoster was totally out of money and pissed cause nobody donated? No idea...anyways, it's all just guessing, nobody can know for sure.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
actually the site wasnt taken down by the RIAA. if you do a little research here on fh you will see how and why :)

i dont see the problem though, no copyrighted material is actually stored on the site

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom