Hreturn of Teh Seel.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Planning on coming back to DAoC since i get a machine that can handle it perfectly.

Questions:

-ToA worth the money before level 50?

-Thanes still the underdogs?

- Any major changes since the release of Shrouded? (played 2 months after it or so)

Basicly any good tips, advice or f*ck offs are appreciated :p

Aye, Teh Seel is coming to the world again! Ahahahahaaaa!

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Planning on coming back to DAoC since i get a machine that can handle it perfectly.

Questions:

-ToA worth the money before level 50?

-Thanes still the underdogs?

- Any major changes since the release of Shrouded? (played 2 months after it or so)

Basicly any good tips, advice or f*ck offs are appreciated :p

Aye, Teh Seel is coming to the world again! Ahahahahaaaa!

Toa not worth gettin until late 40's (for quests and maybe early start with arts) , make one char and stick to it (feels someone pointing to sig and laughing.. ) seriousley.. the time it takes to complete one char now, as of before, you (possibly) wont have time to do more than one char.

alot of changes since shrouded ;> just go to the herald and read up on some patch notes.

thanes have improved a little, if they improved enough is down to each individual to decide ;>

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Never since the famous 80's 'Return of the Mac' has the world held it's breath with such anticipation.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
ToA is worth it before 50 partly for interface enhancements. Not all quests have to wait til 50. MLs can be started at 40 I think.

There are areas that can be hunted well below 50 but if getting group you'll have to plan in advance as nobody hangs out there in general.

So I'd say yes, its worth having.

Thanes still underdogs as far as I'm aware :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just curious, since i'm such a selftorturing bastion, what class would you consider "impossible" to be good at?

Are there any classes/combos that people haven't tried and succeeded?

Haruh

Fledgling Freddie
Max Shield and Max Parry warrior. You never die but takes 10hours to kill anything :)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Haruh said:
Max Shield and Max Parry warrior. You never die but takes 10hours to kill anything :)

What realm will you be playing?

Hib; Chanter/Bard - Chanter/Mana Ment
Mid; Shaman/(almost)any Tank
Alb; Paladin/Merc - Paladin/Friar - Caba/Cleric (maybe Sorc for MR )

just some duos i came up with.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Earth Theurg / Friar imo are best pve duo for alb . especially if friar is perfector with a few ml's behind him :)

chain pulling hulks / siam-he's and other uber mobs is easy :) and ofc theurgs are good in rvr and wanted for there pbt/pets dmge adds etc ..
and friars aint v welcome in grps atm but can handle there own in small grps and also in NF will be more more welcome into grps.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Just curious, since i'm such a selftorturing bastion, what class would you consider "impossible" to be good at?

pbt runie and summ sm combo :p

otherwise most things have been tried and tested by now :p

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't oinoinoinoinoin look better as a seel then hahahaha :)

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
pbt runie and summ sm combo :p

otherwise most things have been tried and tested by now :p
PBT runie summ sm?? o_O

The focus shield only works if the mobs hits the pet :p

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:

Pretty much all specs will work. its just the degree to which they are efficient. The problem is more to do with the attitude of people who only go for set things that they know instead of trying stuff out because their focus is on guaranteed levelling rather than actually enjoying what they do.

And Toh mate, thats what you're up against, whatever you go. If you intend to be solo all the time it isn't an issue. Make a skald with no battlesongs or whatever and go for it :D

(I came up with a variation on Russian Roulette I've completely failed to *ever* talk people into: each group member does /random 100. The loser pulls with best damage spell/move. A symptom of people put too much store in an extra 10 mins xp'ing over having some damned good fun. Everybody laughs and says that sounds a lot of fun, absolutely nobody will do it. This is pretty much a what I think is wrong with many people's attitude).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thanks all for the eplethera of replies :p

Actually was tempted to do one of those hibby casters..mana?..i dunno...with 33 on each skill :p

Also might work for a runie, diversity over superiority ya know :D

Atleast i know one thing...mastery of water is a must *ahahaha*

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
What realm will you be playing?

Hib; Chanter/Bard - Chanter/Mana Ment
Mid; Shaman/(almost)any Tank
Alb; Paladin/Merc - Paladin/Friar - Caba/Cleric (maybe Sorc for MR )

just some duos i came up with.

no menta/animist or bard/animist for hib

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Thanks all for the eplethera of replies :p

Actually was tempted to do one of those hibby casters..mana?..i dunno...with 33 on each skill :p

Also might work for a runie, diversity over superiority ya know :D

Atleast i know one thing...mastery of water is a must *ahahaha*

Mastery of water might actually be useful with all the swimming you have to do in ToA... ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heh..yeah...if i ever get that far.

Oh, i'll just ask this here.

If you don't have your account details, you CAN still make a new account right?....RIGHT?!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Tohtori said:

painworking necro - was too gimped even for me :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Tohtori said:
If you don't have your account details, you CAN still make a new account right?....RIGHT?!

don't need old details to get a new account ;) (assuming you buy a new copy etc.)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Just roll a mentalism mentalist. You can heal - if you get aggro you get one shotted though. You can also single target mez for a really long time, but you never will because the bard will AE mez instead. And er, you have really low baseline dot variance. :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
don't need old details to get a new account ;) (assuming you buy a new copy etc.)

So you need a new cd for the new account? Even if the old account is terminated?

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
You just need a new key. I'd recommend using a different email address as well when you register it as I've heard of peeps using same email addy for 2 different accounts have sometimes had problems.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
PBT runie summ sm?? o_O

The focus shield only works if the mobs hits the pet :p

that was the idea :p

he asked for impossible combos............

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oro said:
You just need a new key. I'd recommend using a different email address as well when you register it as I've heard of peeps using same email addy for 2 different accounts have sometimes had problems.

Soo...let me get this straight...

I had an account. Lost the details(might have them somewhere)

Account hasn't been open for ages.

Now i'd like to open a new account.

I need to get a new cd key for that?! :eek7:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ormorof said:
well of course, since its a different account duh, one CD key per account :p

Yes i know that much, i ain't that senile, but isn't there any way to destroy the old account so i can use these cd's for a new one?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Tohtori said:
Yes i know that much, i ain't that senile, but isn't there any way to destroy the old account so i can use these cd's for a new one?
nope

just reactivate the old one and delete the chars etc.

not sure what details they require but something along the lines of the address you register at and the original CD key (which you have) used to register it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
nope

just reactivate the old one and delete the chars etc.

not sure what details they require but something along the lines of the address you register at and the original CD key (which you have) used to register it.

Ah ok ok. Needs some sorting but, don't it always :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom