How's SWG going ?

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Played SWG some when it was released, but stopped after 2 weeks cause it had some major flaws and such.

How has the game developed since ?

Any major changes ?

How are the player market going ?

How are the PvP?

And last, is it worth it to come back? :)

Miniman

Fledgling Freddie
But you haven't actually played it?

The game is good IMO. They fixed a lot of bugs and introduced a lot of new features. If you were coming to the game now there is lots to do and keep you involved.

But should the game have been kept back for 6 months while these were integrated into the beta BEFORE the release? Dunno, in fact we'll never know.

There are more updates planned and of course the Space Expansion is going to integrate to the gorund based game. So that's going to give it more life.

A lot of people playing on the Test Centre say that the Jedi changes are great fun.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
Elvo^Rylu said:
How has the game developed since ?

The game has been changed so many times its hard to sum everything up in one post, professions have been fixed nerfed an broken depending on what exploits have been discovered from the previous publish

Any major changes ?

Creature mounts and Vehicles make travel much easyer, (almost) 9 major publishes have been released with a mini publish inbetween adding new content (correlian corvette, Death watch bunker (with mando armour :) ) )

Oh an Jedi everywhere you look (7 dark jedi in TDV and counting :D )

How are the player market going ?

Borked beyond beleife due to credit dupers / kiddies with daddys credit card an e-bay, Farstar has its own problems but the regular players try an name an shame any an all exploiters we encounter ( but SOE will do fuk all )

How are the PvP?

Pretty good fun as long as you have plenty of doc's on hand... CM / rifleman or fencer still FoTM and area poisons can still be exploited to ruin base raids and defences

And last, is it worth it to come back? :)

at the moment? nope... in 2 months time the combat revamp and Jedi quest system should be released and working, should give you enough time to save up faction points for a Tie / X-wing to jock around in

silly forums "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters."

Tilda

still not worth comming back? or does it rock now?

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
My accounts up, i don't play much because i'm busy, but i can help a little here i think

I first played when SWG was rather new, it had a massive population tbh because it was new and starwars.. After a few months I took a break from the game.. came back a few months ago - Big changes now ofcourse.

- Btw, i play on Europe-Chimera

Space expansion, i don't have it myself, but i want it and might get it when i'm less busy during the summer, looks and sounds fun

Population now is quite noticably smaller, but none the less, i still find people when i need a group.. but these days you don't get loads of groups hunting around Anchorhead for squills or whatever.. . However it's still a very popular game. Always loads of people in Coronet and other key citys. I wouldn't wish for any more players.. my pc with 512RAM struggles in coronet :p

Something i noticed... to compete.. alot like Dark Age of Camelot.. it's about the buffs. Upside to it is that it's easy to get buffs.. but you have to pay It's not much but hey. I'm not sure if it was always like this, but sure is now.

I always liked the economy - They've made things alot easier now. You can place items on the bazaar for up to 20k instead of 6! You can also do a vendor search (of all player owned vendors) to find items you're searching for.

New expansion on the way, Rage of the wookies. Looks fun, but i havn't had much of a chance to look at it yet, so don't take my word on that.

- Penguin.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
i quit just after the JTL launch as they had no plans to add anymore space content or fix many of the bugs...

I keep an eye on the SoE forums and my old guild, and it sounds like they have really messed this game up... Most have moved onto wow / mxo or something better. The wookiee addon sounds ok but it really should have been a free update along with the CU... The CU just looks like they have taken all the bits from WOW / EQ and mashed it into SWG and hoped it worked.

I was really tempted to try it out again... but after EP3 i have lost all love for SW :x

(F**k u Lucas c**t)

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
pig said:
i quit just after the JTL launch as they had no plans to add anymore space content or fix many of the bugs...

I keep an eye on the SoE forums and my old guild, and it sounds like they have really messed this game up... Most have moved onto wow / mxo or something better. The wookiee addon sounds ok but it really should have been a free update along with the CU... The CU just looks like they have taken all the bits from WOW / EQ and mashed it into SWG and hoped it worked.

I was really tempted to try it out again... but after EP3 i have lost all love for SW :x

(F**k u Lucas c**t)

They moan alot over there :p every update it's the same.. never really bothered me much because i'm such a casual player, i like owning a cool house, selling architect items on my vendors..:p The CUS (Combat Upgrades) seemed quite good tbh, they brought some good stuff, but theres always the moaners .. Rebels / Imperials can now fight over citys etc. Oh and they had an unexpected 1 week rollback recently which really pissed them off :twak: - Again didn't effect me.. i didn't play that week.. :p Games good though, imo. I think it's the big changes they bring to proffessions which annoys people, although last time they did give everyone a full respec of some kind, which was good though i didn't use it. Ofcourse the CUS only affect the fighting proffessions.. the only one i have is novice rifleman so i can't really comment.

- Penguin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom