Hows everything going?

friky

Fledgling Freddie
hows everything going on daoc guys? i just orderd a new PC and missing daoc so might start again, but was just wondering if anything has been sorted out reguarding population or is there any sign of it?

if not guess its going to be another RPG, not WoW, warhammer any good?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Dyvet is dead, 10-20 people online at prime time. There will not be a fix for Dyvet either.

If you can handle German I would suggest playing there.

If you can't handle German the US servers also have a reasonable population, there is a small amount of lag across the atlantic and you won't find as many rvr groups as you won't be playing US prime time but it can still be fun if you enjoy small scale rvr.

If neither of them sound good then you can certainly try Warhammer. Most people certainly find it fun while leveling although there are some issues about the end game. Obviously there are still a few bugs and things they haven't quite fixed.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Dyvet is dead, 10-20 people online at prime time. There will not be a fix for Dyvet either.

If you can handle German I would suggest playing there.

If you can't handle German the US servers also have a reasonable population, there is a small amount of lag across the atlantic and you won't find as many rvr groups as you won't be playing US prime time but it can still be fun if you enjoy small scale rvr.

If neither of them sound good then you can certainly try Warhammer. Most people certainly find it fun while leveling although there are some issues about the end game. Obviously there are still a few bugs and things they haven't quite fixed.

Let me refrase it some people might find it fun to lvl in war some don't:p

friky

Fledgling Freddie
whats warhammer like then ? any 1 can give me a structure of the game, i played wow for a bit and the pve was nice with instences etc, but rvr realy sucked compared to daoc..

Cerib

Loyal Freddie
Personally, i miss daoc, i'd give anything to bring back the servers.. It is still the best MMO running due to concepts etc.. If the populations come back up a LOT of people will rejoin, it will just take a lot of people to bring the servers back up and from there they will keep regening.. WAR was an epic fail, there was so much imbalance, yet WAR had hit the MMO stream market, the bright wizards when i was playing made me quit, Which other MMO allowed 4 healers to heal a tank with one ranged DPS'r on him and no matter what the healers did, the tank would die.. I mean, c'mon mythic, where did you go!!

Anyways long story short, if daoc numbers regained and people were aware of it, i could almost guarente there would be over 1500 people in a month, due to the fact everyone misses this game.. There is no comparison. WAR was just a disgrace in comparison to DAoC..

DAoC still remains the best MMO I have ever played.
:) Happy huntin' guys and hope for the best for all of you :)

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Personally, i miss daoc, i'd give anything to bring back the servers.. It is still the best MMO running due to concepts etc.. If the populations come back up a LOT of people will rejoin, it will just take a lot of people to bring the servers back up and from there they will keep regening.. WAR was an epic fail, there was so much imbalance, yet WAR had hit the MMO stream market, the bright wizards when i was playing made me quit, Which other MMO allowed 4 healers to heal a tank with one ranged DPS'r on him and no matter what the healers did, the tank would die.. I mean, c'mon mythic, where did you go!!

Anyways long story short, if daoc numbers regained and people were aware of it, i could almost guarente there would be over 1500 people in a month, due to the fact everyone misses this game.. There is no comparison. WAR was just a disgrace in comparison to DAoC..

DAoC still remains the best MMO I have ever played.
:) Happy huntin' guys and hope for the best for all of you :)

But that will never ever ever ever ever ever ever happen and we all know it.

The only possible method they could use to revive it is to give a free 6 months subscription and notify everyone with an account a month prior to the free months. Get people back for free and get them hooked again. The last 7 days was not worth the installing and patching up at 60k/s.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Mas: A LOT of people I know don't want to go near DAoC for other reason (speaking as an ex Prydwen player) - when the lights for Pryd went out (basically after cluster) that was it really. Too many memories from that game to even consider rejoining and being disappointed.

They'd need to kill power-leveling so grouping would be back too tbh. Since, I know, if I were to rejoin I'd just PL myself (or use my old shammie) a new toon for RVR, do ML1-10 in about 2 weeks and then RVR for 5 months (well, less due to uni) - Same shit over and over :(

Let the game RIP imo :( *Depressed now*

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
You're such an emo OD!

Still has the best end game of all imo

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'm not emo! I'm just agreeing, it was the best game of all time :eek: But because of that, it can;t' get the majority of the players back (you know what I mean)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom