How...?

L

-Lonewolf-

Do people get their resists so high without compromising the bonuses to their stats

People like aussie have like 35% resist on most resists how?

I know I should know being a veteran but tbh I can't get my head round the resist to stat loss compromise

A

Apathy

Epic parts + GOOD ITAMZ + RAs.

Duh.

You may find the following helpful too.

albionhorsetravel.jpg

a.

F

Flimgoblin

Buffs :)

26% from items (you have 6 armour slots, 2 weapon slots, 6 jewelery slots)

+buffs/avoidance of Magic etc.

G

Garaen

26% is the highest you can get resist's with items iirc, to get it any higher you need RA's and Buffs.

A

Apathy

Oh, racial resists too. AoM is worth 3% magic resists per level. So...if you were RR8 or something insane, there is a good chance AoM5 could be yours. +15% to all magic resists. Even +12% is good. I only have +6%. Pffft.

a.

L

-Lonewolf-

Well I have all the best equipment an infiltrator can get I just don't think my resists are that high to be honest thats all, I could be wrong

No need to be patronising we all need a little advice sometimes that was aimed at Apathies first post

Cheers to the others

A

Apathy

I gave you advice!

Get AoM, juggle your items around and harrass SCers.

a.

W

-Wedge-

You have more skillz to get high... Aussie has 4 skillz(of which he probably only gets 2 higher, probably Stealth + LB), you have what, 5(Stealth, Envenom, CS, Thrust, DW)?

I mean, I cap nearly everything, fire +11, 176HP (24 from cap), 1/2 points from cap for all my important stats (dex/int/con), all resists capped except for matter (some are 1 or 2 points off)... And I dont even have a full MP suit... (ok, my SC suit isnt ready, but it'll give me the above)

B

belth

Infil don't need to cap more than 3 skills really (stealth, weapon, CS or DW). If you're CS specced, adding a bit of DW won't show a lot of improvement. Likewise with my high DW, adding some CS is pretty useless, like I care if Backstab does 10 pts more damage. Envenom is +0 from items except with ninjaswap it's +11. Still that leaves Str/Con/Dex/Qui, hits and resists to cap.

L

-Lonewolf-

Thanks and thanks ur both stars and cheers Apathy u do give good advice mate

A

Apathy

~wipes away a single crystal tear~

Thanks, man. That's beautiful.

a.

P

Pin

Originally posted by belth
Infil don't need to cap more than 3 skills really (stealth, weapon, CS or DW). If you're CS specced, adding a bit of DW won't show a lot of improvement. Likewise with my high DW, adding some CS is pretty useless, like I care if Backstab does 10 pts more damage. Envenom is +0 from items except with ninjaswap it's +11. Still that leaves Str/Con/Dex/Qui, hits and resists to cap.

I disagree somewhat with this. If you are CS specced (I am, in the most part), having extra DW helps a great deal. I would say that if you are specced to 50 weapon, then it's less important to get +weapon though (something I ignored completely and have 67 thrust now ;) )

First, throw away epic, get it salvaged, whatever. It sucks.

Next, get all the jewelry you can with the highest utility. This mostly means DF items with good resists and a Veiled Bracer of Eyes (or 2).

Then work your crafted suit to fit.

With my 99 suit I have capped str/dex/con/qui. 170 hits. +11 thrust, CS. +7 stealth (brings me to 50), +7DW (wish I could have got more). 2 envenom (ninja-swapping for extra).

My resists from items are 24+ to body, heat, cold, energy, slash.
20 crush, ~15 to thrust, spirit.

Given another month or so (SI items and my MP suit), I can cap the lot and get all resists to 25+ (matter and spirit to 20+).

B

belth

I'm still dubious to the increase of +11 for DW :p I wouldn't have taken any + to it, except to raise the damage my DW styles do.
+weapon is the most beneficial for melee, +'s from items/rr give more weaponskill apparently than natural training, which is fully contradictory with what Mythic says. 1021 with 50+3 thrust, 1198 with 50+14 thrust. This with highest Str buff/+45 str&con buff. Hardly a waste :) Around 940 or something without buffs/50+3, 1031 without buffs/50+14.

Ninjaswapping - equip +env itamz, apply poisons, re-equip the regular itamz :) Env+6 gloves and DF env. jewel for me.

A

Arnor

Oh, racial resists too. AoM is worth 3% magic resists per level. So...if you were RR8 or something insane, there is a good chance AoM5 could be yours. +15% to all magic resists. Even +12% is good. I only have +6%. Pffft.

AoM is added AFTER the normal resists, which is why i respecced out of AoM3

just a little fyi

T

Tilda

lastnight I was buffed and I had amazing reists.
my lowest resist was 39% :p

bite me

Tilda

T

Tyka

Originally posted by Tilda
lastnight I was buffed and I had amazing reists.
my lowest resist was 39% :p

bite me

Tilda

Slash/thrust/crush as well? ;)

regular rvr emaining most resists are above 50+ ;)

B

belth

Originally posted by Tyka

Slash/thrust/crush as well? ;)

regular rvr emaining most resists are above 50+ ;)

And half the time 100% or something... *cough*fotm-chanter army*cough*

O

old.LandShark

OooOoOO controversial, Belth!
No wait, everyone agrees.

J

Jiggs

yeah i noticed the 300(-100) on Tyka

sux i used to hit him for 500+

ah thats life tho

think i'll go play an alt or something :D

Users who are viewing this thread