How you speccing your reaver?

O

old.mattshanes

Heres a few spec i may be going for:

44 flex 42 shield 45 sr 10 parry

50 flex 42 shield 36 sr 16 parry

50 flex 42 shield 38 sr 10 parry

I am enjoying mine atm,they are a strange class at first with lots of spells they have but very fun to play.So any advice on specs?(if anyone knows lol)

G

Garaen

50 flex 42 shield 36 sr 16 parry - That is the best one there, there are no new skills in SR until 41, so taking it to 38 is kind of useless (you might get a few less resist's, but i doubt it would be noticable)

44 flex 42 shield 45 sr 10 parry - Dont think about that one mate :D Leviathan > All, personally i am going 50F/42Shield/36 SR/16 Parry (when i get SI working!)

M

mirieth

50F/36SR/42S/16P seems the way to go. You get all the second best spells, the best style and the shield stun that will allow you to use said style to full effect (it's back positional). Then the little bit of parry gives you that extra defense. Not to mention evade...

Come level your Reaver with me, Matts :D

Endifien level 11 Reaver...

P

Pinvan

was gonna go 50flex 50SR 23sheild 17parry but will prolly go for the 50flex 36SR 42shield rest parry after gettin indigosnake last night(which rocks so much for a lv18style :p ) ya gotta have some sort of Slam :clap:

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Pinvan
was gonna go 50flex 50SR 23sheild 17parry but will prolly go for the 50flex 36SR 42shield rest parry after gettin indigosnake last night(which rocks so much for a lv18style :p ) ya gotta have some sort of Slam :clap:

You still suck though Pin, that is just the way of teh universe ;)

P

Pinvan

You still suck though Pin, that is just the way of teh universe

liez, all liez! u gotta stop gettin me mixed up with doc :p

O

old.linnet

50 flex, 50 soul, 29 shield. I figure there are tons of paladins around to slam :)

T

Turamber

Agree with Linnet ... the chants and the flex make the character, so spec and enjoy :)

O

old.mattshanes

To be honest if you have 50 flex and 50 sr you will not need slam anyway really as your offence would be very deadly and in rvr you can simply do the lv50 style,well i do backslash often with my merc so shouldn't be too hard with reaver too.

S

Sharma

im goin to spec a reaver as 50 flex/SR and 29 shield, ok defense isnt brilliant but still makes for a good offensive setup.

P

Pinvan

i was in the BG's this afternoon and was surprised with the ammount of times i could get Asp and Indigosnake off successfully, every middy i came accross took at least 1 120dmg+ Indigosnake(gotta love the effect on it ;) )

im pretty much decided on 50/50/23/17 or 28parry, whatever gets the best style.

also a tip for ya reaver players, get yourself a reaver buddy of same lvl with guard and indigosnake and some decent items(read crafted weps + armour etc) u can easy take on oranges with no DT, reds with no DT and sometimes the odd HP regen(nerf miss rates) and purps with average DT. my self and vestax have been doin this the last day or so, not bad in DF doin plated fiends at lvl19 with a few minor buffs ;)

T

toxx

you quite blatently did better with my arms holding aggro for ya :)

O

old.Chronic

Not sure if you have noticed this BUT! there are 2 kinds of whips BLUNT & SLASHING! now I upped me slashing skill on me reaver and it made a big diffrence when I used me slashing whip, so if you never spend points in slashing or blunt think u will be missing out on a dmg boost!

I may be totaly wrong but from what I have seen so far it looks that way..

Chroniz DarkHeart. Reaver level 12

D

dweam

It's actually been stated in a grab bag that training slash/crush has no effect on flexible weapon damage in the same way speccing slash/thrust/crush and polearm does for an armsman.

As for my spec, mines a hard one (ooer) 50 flex, 42 shield, 41 soulrending, 6 parry...

Need to auto train flexible weapons to lvl 48 tho, and use a dragon respec stone :p

V

vestax

Im enjoying my reaver a lot! Only 22 atm but ive only lost 2 duels so far, a red necro and a yellow armsman (forgot to use damage buff and didnt get any blocks due to fucking engage up)

I beat every other class ive dueled, friars kiss the dirt quickly ;)

Got to love Indigosnake, I hit an orange Troll in BG last night with it and got,

You hit with your War Chain for 40 damage
You hit for 20(+2)
You Steal 11 Health
You hit for 96(+10)
You steal 64 Health

156 damage and 75hp heal from a 1 handed style, not bad for lvl 22 :D Cant wait to get my Weapon procced :p

T

tris-

should also add that the style from behind (the low level one) has improved range so you can attack from a distance from the target and get about 3 hits in for free before it reaches you, depending how fast its running. it doesnt need to sucessfully hit so it can be used to pull to.

O

old.Cf-

I'm going for 50 Flex, 50 SR, 21 Shield, 20 Parry

I already have slam on my armsman, and want to play something different. I think it's wise to take SR all the way up. People say the 2nd best spells will do, but in my experience so far the best spells are by far superior to the second best spells. 21 shield and 20 parry provides decent defence, and can be boosted considerbly through bonuses.

Finally, gotta love Indigosnake :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom