How would you spec a shammy?

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
i hope it's not a question: how to spec a bb.
for rvr shammy cave must be 27 or higher, aug must be 43 or higher.

my current spec is

44a: ae con, dex, acu shears, rest sinlge, red heat ressits, end5
31c: pbae dis, green ae root
4m

PS. Cold ressist is not so important as there r not so many light elds around (comparing to mana spec elds and chanters), same goes for pbae wizzies and ae root is still usuful (50s delve) so i won't go for 45 or 46 aug.

Stoneface

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
i hope it's not a question: how to spec a bb.
for rvr shammy cave must be 27 or higher, aug must be 43 or higher.

my current spec is

44a: ae con, dex, acu shears, rest sinlge, red heat ressits, end5
31c: pbae dis, green ae root
4m

PS. Cold ressist is not so important as there r not so many light elds around (comparing to mana spec elds and chanters), same goes for pbae wizzies and ae root is still usuful (50s delve) so i won't go for 45 or 46 aug.

Im also using this spec and atm its average. But i recon in NF with MoFocus it will rock. Lots of my cavespells get resisted, but with MoFocus 2 (+9 against resists) it will really rock. Almost capped buffs, great castingtime, and decent damage output.

Himse

FH is my second home
43 aug, 31 cave 10 mend, this is nice since u get AoE root and frig :)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Drop mend, no use, you're not a healer, you're an interrupter and buffshearer.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Drop mend, no use, you're not a healer, you're an interrupter and buffshearer.

I've got 20mend on my Shaman, then again I gave up on RvR a while ago because the 'IWannaBeLeet' attitude of some of the random players trying to get noticed by sombody they think is important just made me feel nausious.

Still, its nice for PvE. Let the Healers save their mana for when the shit hits the fan imo :D

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Well i asked a few shammies why do they spec 46 aug and not 45 at least. But i feel like the asnwer is "cos Endi did so" QQ

But realy i'd rather put extra points into mend then go for red s/c buff and red s/c pbae buff.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
the extra points in mend dont do anything though ;p
+1 mend reduces base heal variation by 1%. However red s/c and pbae s/c are realy waste on points imo. Get some stuff with buff effectivities if you feel like your yellow s/c isnt good enough.

seismo

Fledgling Freddie
If u want capped buffs at 50 u should go 38 aug 33 mending and rest cave
To cap ur buffs u should get 25% buffbonus on TOA items and MOA 2 to get the cap of 62 Basebuffs and 93 on speccbuffs
If u want to specc cave put all the points in cave instead of mending :D
Hope u got some help out of thees hints
BTW i dont know if this counts for buffshear buffs

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Never played a RvR shammy... Do you guys actually use cure poison and disease? Will have my shammy ready this weekend it seems... Was planning on 43/31/10...

If not, would 44 aug (for area con shear, seems useful on paper at least) and 31 cave (for 50 sec root), be an alternative to 43 aug, 31 cave 10 mend (frigg/cure's)?

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
I've even never cured a poison, dont even have a button on my qbar. I let healers do it.
And i use group cure disease instead of single target one even if it's one member who diseased.

my pre 1.69 spec was 43/10/31 and i sacrificed some mend for higher aug after 1,69 - 44/4/31

btw. 1st Friggs is kinda useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom