How will you spec based on the new RA's?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Would be interesting to know what people will spec in light of the new proposed RA's.
For example, how would you spec at rr5 (40pts) for some different classes?

Myself i would probably go with:
Warrior - det4 (20pts), Dashing Defence2 (15pts), mastery of blocking2 (4pts), Longwind1 (1pts)

Mend/Aug Healer - Purge2 (15pts), MoC2 (15pts), mcl1 (5pts), longwind1 (1pts), Mastery of focus1 (1pts), not sure about last 3pts

Dashing defence sounds like a real winner to me. Determination will still be tanks defining trait. MoC will still be usefull for emergency heals and cc even if they are only at 50% at level2, McL1 is only 25% power but it is at an even shorter timer now (3min) so should still be usefull (possibly beeing recycled in a single fight more often than now, if several grps take part). Mastery of focus will be usefull for some classes: i imagine mezzes will stick more often if they count as higher level (baseline 43 counting as 46 etc).

Calamore

Fledgling Freddie
btw do these abilities stack? eg lvl 1 str gives 4 and lvl 2 gives 8

Is this a total of 12, or is it just 8 u get added?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I believe it says its cumalative, hence you get what it says added on, so at level 2 you would have 12 points of strength, which would be the same amount had you brought aug strength 2 in the old RA system.

Essentially now you can get most abilities very cheap at level 1 weak format but to increase them the cost goes high very quickly, so getting more then 1 RA to a powerful standard will be difficult for most.

Regular RvR guild groups will probably have to plan out there RA formats to get the strong mixture of abilities together at a good level in same group.

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Ra

where can i see these new proposed RA's at? can some one givf a link plz

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
First draft looks something like this:

MCL1 5
RP2 15
Moc2 15
Purge2 15
BoF3 30
PR1 5
Div1 5

WH2 4
MoH2 4
LW1 1
ADex1 1

Total 100

I had a hard time picking RAs now, I pity those who do not have 100 points to spend :m00:

Sinned

Fledgling Freddie
76 points to spend on my minstrel

actives:
alemoriating melodies 3
purge 2
sos 2

passives:
mastery of blocking 3
mastery of pain 2
long wind1
aug dex 1

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
purge2
Soldiers Barricade 2
Dashing defence 2
Det5
moblock3
mop3
dex2 (yes know its not pre req)
longwind1

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
50pts on sorc;

Auto: Shield of Immunity (RR5)
PD 3; 10pts
MoC 2; 15pts
Purge 2; 15pts
MCL 1; 5pts
RP 1; 5pts

62pts on wiz;

Auto: Wall of Flame (RR5)
PD 3; 10pts
MoC 3; 30pts
Purge 2; 15pts
RP 1; 5pts

2 points spare... probably not worth spending them - hopefully mythic will give characters the ability to respec RAs at any time, as the 1 3 6 abilities seem shite compared to the 5 10 15's.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
really really hard tbh - but I guess it would look something like that for me:

030 MoC 3
015 Purge 2
015 MCL 2
005 Raging Power 1

010 Wild Power 3
010 Physical Defense 3
004 Mastery of Magery 2
004 Augmented Dexterity 2
004 Augmented Acuity 2
001 Mastery of Focus 1
001 Serenity 1
001 Veil Recovery 1
--------------------------------

I really like the new RA system except MoC is too expensive for what it does. And also the fact that MoC1 & 2 is more or less useless when you are the primary damage dealer leaves you no other choice than to spend 30 points for a single RA (which is like 1/3 of the RA points of a RR11).
I am not sure how good the new reduced interrupt system (2 sec cap in 1.68) will turn out. Speccing completely out of MoC might be an option. Anyway I do expect that MoC will be changed (maybe to 60, 75, 90 instead of 25, 50, 75) - atm MoC1&MoC2 are ridiculous for an offensive casterand MoC3 is too expensive for what it does.

Also the level of MCL and RP is hard to choose. But considering the very low timer of MCL (3 mins) I think it makes more sense to spec MCL higher and use a lower version of RP just for cases of perma interruption (along with power pots). So imo MCL2 and RP1 is a better choice than MCL1 and RP2.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
mmm about moc:

lets say dmg is 500 from a debuff nuker and casts every 1.5 seconds (probably faster, but doesnt matter rly) and no crits

Old moc: 500x 10 spells casted under 15 seconds = 5000 dmg, costs 14 points atm

moc1: 25% 125 dmg = 2500 dmg costs 5 points
moc2: 50% 250 dmg = 5000 dmg costs 15 points
moc3: 75% 375 dmg = 7500 dmg costs 30 point

Basically you get the same dmg output, only difference is the time scale and if you spend more points on it, you can do a lot more dmg Added SOS, BOF, BodyGuard... wont be this a bit too powerfull ? i mean you cant do anything against a caster for 30 seconds (cant melee it, only chance is amnesia maybe, which hibs cant spam for example), maybe pbae for the win wont be so good but assist nukes will be imo.... yea it does cost a lot... but i dunno, seems a bit overkill for me, especially in hands of a good caster grp. (and reuse time is 10mins aswell)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
mmm about moc:

lets say dmg is 500 from a debuff nuker and casts every 1.5 seconds (probably faster, but doesnt matter rly) and no crits

Old moc: 500x 10 spells casted under 15 seconds = 5000 dmg, costs 14 points atm

moc1: 25% 125 dmg = 2500 dmg costs 5 points
moc2: 50% 250 dmg = 5000 dmg costs 15 points
moc3: 75% 375 dmg = 7500 dmg costs 30 point

Basically you get the same dmg output, only difference is the time scale and if you spend more points on it, you can do a lot more dmg Added SOS, BOF, BodyGuard... wont be this a bit too powerfull ? i mean you cant do anything against a caster for 30 seconds (cant melee it, only chance is amnesia maybe, which hibs cant spam for example), maybe pbae for the win wont be so good but assist nukes will be imo.... yea it does cost a lot... but i dunno, seems a bit overkill for me, especially in hands of a good caster grp. (and reuse time is 10mins aswell)

in RvR you need to do the highest possible damage in the shortest possible time - I rather do 100% dmg for 15 sec than 75% dmg for 30 secs.
Also the explanation is not clear - it says 'effectiveness' is reduced. Mythic mentions spell dmg and CC duration explicitly - but then I have to assume that also debuffs (be it stat debuffs or resist debuffs) are affected by this MoC 'effectiveness'. So your example is wrong cause the effectiveness of the debuff will be lowered combined with the lowered spell damage.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
All these RAs are very unclear atm, they are just being tested, so i expect they the most "uber" ones will be changed quite fast, and probably alot of changes before we get the patch

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
in RvR you need to do the highest possible damage in the shortest possible time - I rather do 100% dmg for 15 sec than 75% dmg for 30 secs.
Also the explanation is not clear - it says 'effectiveness' is reduced. Mythic mentions spell dmg and CC duration explicitly - but then I have to assume that also debuffs (be it stat debuffs or resist debuffs) are affected by this MoC 'effectiveness'. So your example is wrong cause the effectiveness of the debuff will be lowered combined with the lowered spell damage.

if debuff casted by the mocing character then yes, but if sorc debuffing for a mocing wizard then my example is correct imo. as said above the good old "insta ae mezz, insta strcon, pbaeeee kill 2fg randoms" tactics wont be so lethal as it is now.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Aye MOC for a dmg dealer is pretty shite.
MOC is okish for a cleric i suppose but its still halfing heals on version 2.
I hope they up the % a bit.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
And most likely the effectiveness of instaspells such as debuffs and instaheals will be affected by lowered effectiveness as well. Excluding instacast spells from this system would actually keep the programmers busy, greatly impeding their ability to eat KFC and drink coffee :)

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
i will spec retirement 5
I'll join you on this Nuked...

It seems so evil, 30s moc, but when you need it, if you dont do enough damage, do you really think you'll live out those 30s?

With no good raging power and very expensive MCL, do you think healers have enough power to keep your cloth arse alive? Its not uncommen for our clerics to burn RP + MCL2 + powerpots keeping us alive against a good tank group...

Heck with no good raging power, I wont be able to nuke for 30s because I'll be OOP...

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
I'll join you on this Nuked...

It seems so evil, 30s moc, but when you need it, if you dont do enough damage, do you really think you'll live out those 30s?

With no good raging power and very expensive MCL, do you think healers have enough power to keep your cloth arse alive? Its not uncommen for our clerics to burn RP + MCL2 + powerpots keeping us alive against a good tank group...

Heck with no good raging power, I wont be able to nuke for 30s because I'll be OOP...
There are plenty of defensive abilities to counter. Bodyguard, AE guard, New Soldier's barricade, Passive physical damage reduction for cloth casters, new BoF. etc etc etc.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
With 72 points to spend, it may be something like this:

aug str 2
aug con 1 or toughness 1
long wind 1
MoPain 3
MoFocus 1
IP 2
purge 2
Vehement Renewal 1
SoS 1
Ameliorating Melodies 2

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
damn hard this with low amount of points to spend, have no good idea yet what to get for my shammi.
not sure thou if MoF will affect chance to dissease/debuff easier w/o resist's
if not, will take another ra i think

Long Wind 1 - 1
Augmented Dexterity 2 - 4
Wild Power 2 - 4
Mastery of Focus 2 - 4
Mystic Crystal Lore 2 - 15
Purge 2 - 15
Restoritive Mend - free

Anyone have a good idea that is better maybe ?

crd

Fledgling Freddie
As a bm Im thinking of not speccing det at all and go for purge 3 instead. Well maybe something like this

mop____2____04____6%
charge__2____15____5min
purge___3____30____5min
IP______2____15____50% 10min
_____________64

or go for det anyway and get ghetto purge or no mop

purge___1____05____10min 5sec delay
charge__2____15____5min
det_____5____34____34%
mop____3____10____8%
_____________64

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Charge is very overpowered. Unbreakable speed3 shout with 1min reuse timer at lvl 3, target can move throu mezz, stun n root. Tank RA. No need to buy Purge, just be fast using it before resident bard/healer/sorc lands his mezz, n in 59secs u will have it up again :eek7:

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
my necro will be ichor 3 for sure ^^ mom 5 could be nice too :)

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
purge3 charge3 rest in mopain

det seems a total waste atm on a offensive tank
(if charge stays as it is)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Not going to even bother speculating till the changes are final and theres a nice calculator to plan it out on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom