how unlucky

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok I parked outside some shops with my driver side next to the curb. I waited for my car to cool down before I turned the engine off being the type of car it is. As I opened the door this guy on a push bike hit it at the same time and he was seriously going at some speed so noway he could avoid it.

I got out the car and made sure the guy was ok and did everything possible to make sure he was OK before he went on his way. After he gone I had a look at my driver door and noticed he had dented the edge (so the metal has bent inwards) I'm glad the guy was ok but I'm left with damage on my car. I know the guy on the bike was in the wrong as he shouldn't off been riding his bike on the pavement going really fast.

I found out some estimates today and I got a £500 bill which kinda p's me off as I did nothing wrong in the first place.

Dont get me wrong I'm glad the guy was OK and he really is lucky that the door wasn't fully open before he hit it. So, how unlucky is that :( I do nothing wrong and I get a £500 bill because of somebody else's mistake :(

Any of you had any bad luck stories?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Didn't exchange information then? :)

Well no as I was more concerned about the guy being injured coz of the speed he was traveling at. Also why exchange information???? he was on a push bike NOT a Motorbike.

gohan

FH is my second home
he's being a sarky seel, bikes don't have insurance so either way your stuck with the bill

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
You dont look before you open the door?

Thats not the point the guy shouldn't of been on the pavement in the first place.

It was night time/raining and the guy never had lights on his bike anyway so noway I could see him.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
You dont look before you open the door?

Exactly my thought.

He may have driven over the pavement, but you still should have looked if it was safe to open the door. He wasn't the only one at fault (unless you had it open for a while already when he rode against it).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well no as I was more concerned about the guy being injured coz of the speed he was traveling at. Also why exchange information???? he was on a push bike NOT a Motorbike.

For...future...reference like this?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
he's being a sarky seel, bikes don't have insurance so either way your stuck with the bill

eh? surely the people on said bikes have general coverage?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
they will be covered by their parents or guardians I guess...

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
A friend walked out in front of a van once and dented the bonnet, his fault, and he didn't drive. The van driver managed to get my friends fathers car insurance to pay for the damage?

Dont know how, but he did it

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
A friend walked out in front of a van once and dented the bonnet, his fault, and he didn't drive. The van driver managed to get my friends fathers car insurance to pay for the damage?

Dont know how, but he did it

Did he cash in on the life insurance o_0

Myself, i have bumped into two cars on different occations when i was driving. The persons driving were not the real owner of the cars so we didnt have to work anything out...

sayward

Resident Freddy
I nearlly hit a bike on a roundabout last night. Very dark, pouring with rain. A very near miss. i apologised profusely, it was a woman on one of these fold up bikes heading into the rail station. It was only as I drove off that I realised she had absolutely no lights and was practically invisible.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Write down what happened, with times ect while its still fresh in your head. With todays current legal system you may need it. You may get a call off of some crappy no win no fee agency.

Happened to a mate of mine, she shunted a car at some lights. Both had been stopped at a red, light went green and the car infront didnt move. She must of hit it at about 4 / 5mph, no damage at all to any car. She appologised, no details got passed as no damage, and they both left. 3 months later shes getting letters from the other persons lawer saying she got whiplash and sueing ect...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Write down what happened, with times ect while its still fresh in your head. With todays current legal system you may need it. You may get a call off of some crappy no win no fee agency.

Happened to a mate of mine, she shunted a car at some lights. Both had been stopped at a red, light went green and the car infront didnt move. She must of hit it at about 4 / 5mph, no damage at all to any car. She appologised, no details got passed as no damage, and they both left. 3 months later shes getting letters from the other persons lawer saying she got whiplash and sueing ect...

similar happened to my brother, someone knocked into his car and apologised etc.. few months later he got a letter saying they were sueing and 3 people had spontaeously grown and suffered a "traumatic experience"

some people are just fu*****s so you should make sure you write it all down as soon as you can

Mey

Part of the furniture
Happenend to me, had a little bump with a car on an icy road (no damage to either car) [no driver in the other car]. Knocked on the door said what had happened, left my name / telephone number, showed them that no damage had been done, drove off. Thought nothing of it, three months later (no phone call to say there had been x damage) had a claim for £1000 worth of damage.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie

So your friend accelerated towards a stationary car?

Why not just wait until the car in front starts to move before you do? :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom