How to validate SI (without going insane)

O

old.Ramas

FINALLY done it - this is my advice for getting it done....

1) Start up the *shrouded isles* app, not the original daoc app.

2) When you get to server select click 'activate expansion'.

3) An IE window pops up and loads an error message.

4) Position the IE window so the close button is over the 'activate expansion' button in your SI server select window.

5) Position the mouse over the close button and click twice (to close and hit activate again)

6) Watch the IE title bar, as soon as you see the URL with 'inscription-err' in it click twice to close and reopen.

7) Eventually you get a different URL, don't close this one, wait for the password box to open.

8) Now open Notepad. Type in your *subscription* password, and Copy it to the clipboard. (don't try to copy out of the password field on the webpage)

9) Now type your username and password into the account page and hit the continue button.

10) You'll get the error message again, this time as soon as you see 'inscription-err' in a URL hit back on your browser, do not close the browser.

11) Your username will reappear but your password will be blank, so paste that back in and hit continue.

12) Expect to need as many tries at step 10-11 as it took to get the account name/password up in the first place.

13) Eventually I got a different page up, and no problems presented themselves after that point.

Good luck.

T

Takhasis

[sigh]been trying that for 5 hours already[/sigh]

T

Tank Init

just spam the account button thats how i got in 20 mins if that :)

S

spankya

I got to login part before and I couldnt get in :( If u read the latest news, GOA say that people shouldnt have too many probs with getting into the account page, lol!! Once again GOA show they are useless :doh:

:help:

S

Sankat

tX M8, just tried it, worked after about 5 min, SI activated now :):)

G

Garaen

For some reason when i press the back button it doesnt come up with the Sub password box, it just comes up with the error message. :(

K

Kagato.

Nice, used this method and it worked even at peak time, only took less then an hour too.

Thanks for the tip.

T

Takhasis

ffs, a total of 5 hrs saturday, 3 hrs sunday doin this method and still no luck..... :wall:

H

herjulf

this method works this method lets u slip in in between the peaks of pressure.
I have regged 2 friends now this way and it works just fine.

1. spam click account alot until u get login prompt.
2. write your login in login field
3. paste in your password in password, press continue.
4. if error page hit back button repaste password and hit continue.
5. repeat 4-5 until u get in.

It isnt doing it the normal way, and prolly cause others to w8 extra long due to the server spam it causes.
but forthe greedy... it works fine.

A

Ambulance

Ive just spent all weekend trying on and off to login with the above tips. Ive just come into work and logged in first go and validated with no errors at all !!

ffs typical, now i just have to wait another 5 days till i can have a look at SI properlly.

But also if it helps, i used to have this issue before when i was updating my account subscription and i found i had to use another PC or ISP to log in. If you have access to another PC(yeah right) or you can use a LAN cafe id give that a try.

G

g0ldenbone

I managed to register last thursday, spammed the ole' button for about 20 minutes on 2 pc's..

That server has been a mess since DAOC started. When I first registered the original client (last april) it took me 2 or 3 days to get online.. and that was at least a month after release. I've also had problems when my account locked out and I couldnt easily renew it..

Lets face it, the subsciption server is pretty crappy.

D

Danamyr

I saw your post after I'd been trying for 48 hours ;)

Thanks mate - I was done in two hours using your method :)

G

Glema

I can get onto my account info page without any trouble but I put in my CD key press validate and just get sent to the top of the page :-/

Am I doing something wrong? Or just being stupid?

G

Glema

In the end I put in my cd-key pressed activate, then scrolled down and pressed 'cancel auto renewel' the screen then refreshed with SI activated !

I just hope it works ;)

M

Mortifier

did it work? I dont have auto renewal but the same shit happens to me. It just jumps to the top of the page

please answer

O

old.Arya

install SI, go to account page, enter SI cd key---> play ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom