Lox is the pro in this, but I heard also of this spec:

Long Bow: 50
Shield: 42
Slash: 29
Stealth: 26

Fagane

S

skile

Go thrust if saracen, slash if briton or highlander :). Get 50 bow and slam, the rest is personal :p.

P

Pin

50 Thrust
45 Longbow
30 Stealth
23 Shield

(requires autotrain)

In my opinion.

M

moona

first i'm an Inconnu( maybe you find it gimped , but i dont wanna look like the other 200 scouts :p)
i'm going 4 50lb 42 shield , but i dont know about the slash and the stealth:)

L

loxleyhood

Pin's spec requires a buffbot. You wont evade enough for df otherwise.

P

Pin

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Pin's spec requires a buffbot. You wont evade enough for df otherwise.

:ROFLMAO:

No 'spec requires a buffbot', what a silly thing to say. Wvery character gets more effective when buffed....

But anyways, a Scout has evade 3, you'll evade lots. Get Dodger, you evade more.

But it's not just about Dragonfang, it's about weaponskill... Just ask yourself how often do assassins evade your slam? If anything, a 42shield, 29slash template REQUIRES a buffbot in order to get enough weaponskill to be able to land slam.

Anyways, as I said, just my opinion and that's the spec I'd go for if I made a Scout.

N

nightsorrow

i wish i knew with what i would do more damage, 29 slash or thrust, im saracen...:p

S

skile

Originally posted by Pin

No 'spec requires a buffbot', what a silly thing to say. Wvery character gets more effective when buffed....

But anyways, a Scout has evade 3, you'll evade lots. Get Dodger, you evade more.

But it's not just about Dragonfang, it's about weaponskill... Just ask yourself how often do assassins evade your slam? If anything, a 42shield, 29slash template REQUIRES a buffbot in order to get enough weaponskill to be able to land slam.

Anyways, as I said, just my opinion and that's the spec I'd go for if I made a Scout.

I see big advantages in your spec when it comes to facing assasins. Especially since the shield is basically useless against DW-classes. A high weaponskill will help indeed, but you still need to compare the scout with 50 thrust (max 200 dmg a swing) to a SB with debuff, poison, pa, dw etc. We won't stand a chance.

42 shield and 50 bow is the best for grouping tho, if you are not so interested in the assasin-business.

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by Pin

Wrong. An unbuffed scout barely ever evades, and usually only to slow weapon enemies who are few and far between. You would need dodger 5 before you could make use of df every fight. But heaven forbid someone who actually plays a scout should know more about the class.

Those melee points would be far better put into shield, especially in 1.62.

P

Pin

But heaven forbid someone who actually plays a scout should know more about the class.

and have you played a scout with any other spec except 42 shield and low (slash) melee?

O

old.LandShark

Wrong. An unbuffed scout barely ever evades, and usually only to slow weapon enemies who are few and far between. You would need dodger 5 before you could make use of df every fight. But heaven forbid someone who actually plays a scout should know more about the class.

Are you aware that slam takes the same weaponskill that is displayed in your character sheet? I.e, the one that's really, really fkin low because you have 21thrust spec and refuse to lower yourself to a buffbot?
Based purely on playing jergiot before (42shield) and after (150thrust 20>stealth) you tend to land stuns waaay more often with DF than with slam... and of course there's the increased overall damage. You do block noticably less, but, well.... it's a sacrifice to make for hitting more often.

P

Pin

I would also add that 1.62 is only changing block behaviour with respect to grouped opponents.

And that DF takes about a quarter of the endurance as slam, has more chance of landing and isn't going to mean certain death if you miss it 3 times.

Anyway, as stated above, weaponskill > all, and if I were to roll a scout (which I am mulling over, btw) I would go 50, 45, 30, 23.

J

Jergiot

i respecced to 50 thrust 1-2 weeks ago, and im starting to like it alot..

K

Khazik

m00

Depends how you see your class and gameplay, as an assasin killer, or if u just want to get away from those pesky SBs (slam, and run for it) ^^

Personally I hate friars and thats about it.

Melee weapon is back up if you failed to kill your target, which generally means your picking on the wrong opponent ^^ imho

If an sb can't beat you (after he or she gets the jump on you), then the SB is half asleep or gimped tbh

This is of course offered in the context of playing another archer class, and not specifically the scout class.

Cu on the battlefrield albs :D

L

loxleyhood

A scout is not a melee class. All specs are viable, and none is truly better than another, but its my opinion that if you put so much into melee on a non melee class you are losing a large dimension of the class.

And Jergiot has a buffer, like I said, would make the spec very effective.

But as an archer, and a defencive archer at that, I think the points would be better utilised in Longbow and Shield.

According to VN boards, scouts block like mad men in 1.62, and I wouldn't give it up even as things are now. Yesterday I was jumped by a shadowblade who purged my slam. He got me down to 10% while he was at 40% and I was ooe. I then blocked him 7 times in a row and melee'd him to death. All this with 29 slash and against an enemy who has a natural advantage over shield.

Remember, scouts are the defencive archers, and in 1.62 + their naturally high dex they make very good blockers.

Having said that I will be bumping my slash to 34 or 39 in 1.62. I haven't decided which yet.

W

wilddork--

i will never spec out my 42 shield.. i dont mind losing agianst sbs i want to stun casters and healers etc and landing slam aint that hard if you are buffed..

G

greenfingers

Well...

Slash = Briton
Thrust = Saracen
anything else is crap!

Inconnu ... hmm ... 10 more con(base), but 10 less quick ... and 70 int.. WTF!?

Highlander... to little Dex imo... but good base str for Slash, and 70 con - nice

RR6 spec (Slash):
34 Stealth
45 LongBow
42 Shield
29 Slash

RR7 spec (Thrust):
33 Stealth
50 LongBow
42 Shield
21 Thrust

RR10 spec (Slash):
30 Stealth
48 LongBow
42 Shield
29 Slash

RR10 spec (Thrust):
30 Stealth
48 LongBow
42 Shield
29 Thrust

L

loxleyhood

Inconnu's lack of qui makes them handy little melee fighters, same with Highlanders.

C

Cashandcarry

Respecced from :-

46 Longbow (62)
42 Shield (58)
36 Stealth (52)
25 Thrust (41)

to :-

45 Longbow (61)
42 Shield (58)
22 Stealth (38)
39 Thrust (55)

IMO 50 longbow is not really worth the extra spend given that PA in 1.62 drops BT.

Things I have found with my new spec:-

- my melee is noticably better. Its still quite poor but I have noticed that I hit a hell of a lot more often for about 20% more damage (just feelings no stats). I can even hit SBs non-styled. I rarely did that before. I also like the back/side styles I now have.

- I group 50% / stealth 50% therefore if Im to fulfil part of my group role I would not give up shield/guard/slam for anything.

- my stealth is still good enough to avoid non-stealth classes, I just have to pick my routes a little more carefully. Obviously SBs see me easy when Im not cammoed but tbh they could before anyway. With 1.62 See Hidden changes Ill be better off with my current spec than my old one pre-1.62 so suits me on that front.

G

greenfingers

>25 stealth = highest visible rate of a SB or NS to see U... (w/o Camo) - what were U thinking???

from 25 Thrust -> 39 Thrust U go from 50% melee spec to more then 75% so before U respecced U did 25%-125% dmg... and with your current spec U do 75%-125% dmg ..
yes it's a noticable better ...!

46 -> 45 LB = no difference (only like 5% less dmg), and U won't fell it, U will kill a caster in 3 hits anyway ...

only thing U didn't change is Shield .. and that's the only thing Im happy for U that U didn't !

My spec @ lvl 50 with my Saracen scout is:
33 Stealth
42 Shield
50 LongBow
21 Thrust

I might change it later on and go:
30 Stealth
42 Shield
48 Long Bow
29 Slash

Slash * Saracen = Avalonian Merc ...

NERF!!!

X

xplo

29 thrust
42 shield
45 longbow
34 stealth

And it will never charge :p

L

Lomald Umilinn

Anyone tried
50 bow
50slash
10shield
25stealth

as briton?

Dunno if its good or gimped, but i hear every scout complian about slam is evaded,purged,blockedc,parried etc so why use it then? I'm not a scout so i really don't know jack .. just a though =)

would be good range and new BT penetration arrows + good melee and cap weaponskill.

N

nightsorrow

i get my slams in more then 75% so...im gonna keep it for sure,
stil dont know thrust or slash as saracen:p

L

Lomald Umilinn

My friend have that spec at US servers.
50bow,50slash,25stealth,10shield

i will ask him to let me try him and i'll see if its worth it, it should be good damage thanks to Amethyst slash/Diamond slash combo.

And if you want more protection vs See Hidden you can allways go 46bow and put those extra 180 spec points in stealth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom