How to spec a shaman at 40?...

S

squib

well my shaman is coming up to 40 in the next couple weeks. just wondering how to spec best?
i could go main heal and be a good group char, but thats what healers are for.
i could go mainly Augmentation, although it would remove my chances of ever soloing again.
or i could go mainly Cave. this would make me a V crap healer and a pretty bad buffer.
or should i go a mix of all the above? this would make me OK at all of the above but not good at any of them..
i dont understand what a group would be asking of me at lvl 40+.
i am hoping to go malmo if this helps.

B

Berz Blackburn

Well my shaman is mainly cave and with the spec i have in mend and aug i just find it fine.
i'm 46 cave that gives best AE dots (do about 150ish with power relics), 23 aug for me its way enough, my gf has a shaman with the same spec and tbh i have enough stats with these buffs on my skald... the only thing is u dont have group end regen people will always ask u to rebuff end and rebuffing a whole group is a pain :).
16 in mend, u might want to think damn its quite low but i manage fine tbh, got the 3rd frigg (ok ok only 51hp regen but thats k for regging hp while resting really), with the current power relic with only 16+4 mend i can heal up to 350 which isnt bad at all, ofc u got a big heal variance, sometime u can heal for 190 but thats still ok :) Afterall u r not a healer :p

Thats the spec i find really nice to play with, as i dont wanna be a mainly healing shaman or a buffbot, i wanna some action ;)
For soloing thats the best u will have can take oranges easily.

Hope that helped u.

A

AzuratMinimus

In my opionion all shamans that hasn´t specced 32 aug or more are gimped. The group end regen is just to great to miss out and with LW 1 you can sprint for 10 mins. So you should have at least 32 aug. After that it´s mostly if you wanna put some extra points for better stats and resists buffs.

Other aug you can basicly specc as you like with more cave for damage or mend for healing. Just check what spells you want, it´s hard to make a shaman a true gimp after speccing enough aug.

A pretty common specc is 41 cave 32 aug 14 mend.

M

Madonion Slicer

My Shaman is going

37 Aug - All the second to last best buffs, missing last earth resist
36 Cave - All the second to last best spells
15 Mend - Better Rez

This way the shaman can buff herself and my Berserker to the teeth and still be an effective killer in RVR, with a few realm abilities you can make up for the lower spec healing and lower spec cave.

M

Makwaerk

My Shaman is 45 aug 26 mend 12 cave and he ROCK's .. ya it is the buffbot spec, I have no doubt that it is the one of (if the The) most powerfull shaman specs. The fact is that when I play him I can do a hole lot more for my group then a cave shaman can + I can basicly solo any tank on the battle field, not lost a 1 on 1 sofar, the perma sprint + dot is Ewul, some ppl mind find it a boring spec but it is the bedst.

and healers is not there for healing .. healers are blessed/cursed with midgards CC linie, wich make a healer one of the hardest chars to play as we really have to multi task all the time .. both healing and doing CC.. most healer step up and try to do this, but we need help from the shaman

Edit:
one more thing ... if you go cave anyway put the rest in aug it is by far the most powerfull linie the shaman has

I

ixnay

Originally posted by AzuratMinimus

A pretty common specc is 41 cave 32 aug 14 mend.

My Shammy's Spec, Group End regen is great, not having to buff everyone in the group individually is a god send.
Still get a decent (not the best) AE Dot but get the best Bolt and DD. So if you like helping out your group and still being able to give out fairly decent damage go for the 41 cave 32 aug 14 mend spec.

Edit : Berz is just a gimp.

O

Old_Bean

Yeah keep you cave spec at 41 and invest in WILD ARCANA ra.
Gives you a 5% per level chance (per level of wild arcana) of doing a critical with your DOT.
I have two levels of wild arcana and I get between 150 and 210 on a DOT at times. It varies a lot, but it is WILD arcana after all.
I've come to rue putting 22 levels into mending, it just aint worth it. The rest of my points (from 46.5 to 50) are all going into aug.

So to summarise Cave is the life blood of a shammy, then aug to keep your groupmates happy. Screw mending, thats a healers job, after all, they gotta have something to do besides POX us lame ass shammies.

B

Brunore

47 aug 26 mend.

Works for me, I have wild healing 1 and often heal for more than 700hp with a crit :eek: using mend spec heals.

I cannot solo for shit though, although I rolled this shammie to buff and heal, thats it.

And she does that very well :)

C

Cush

42 aug 33 mend is what i would respec my shaman

F

-foadon-

imo best group specced shammy:
37aug 26mend 29 cave
37aug: second best buffs, together with moarcane thats cap
26mend:group frigg + some healing, always comes in handy
29cave: with +11cave and some WA or whats it called u can still dot and ae dot a great deal
at least this is the spec i would love as a tank in rvr group

D

dJyng

37aug 26mend 29 cave!!

At lvl 40: 32Aug 23Mend 1Cave :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

My shammy went 41 cave, 32 aug 14 mend which as it turns out is a bit cookie cutter. Its a fun spec though and very useful generally. I can solo oranges without much difficulty and with Wild Arcana, Mastery of the Arcane, Wild Healing and Mastery of Healing, its generally able to hold its own in most situations. Critting DoTs and diseases are a hoot.

What a lot of people forget about the buff RA is that it might only apply 1 or 2 points or so additionally to a buff, but its applied to EVERY buff that you do, so your RA actually helps a lot of people, rather than being focused on just one, so though few agree, I like this RA.

I have to admit, if I had the ability to respec I'd probably go mend/aug since shammy playstyle doesn't really suit me for RvR, I'm always going to be a caster at heart. I only bring out Biggus when I'm helping guildpeeps or a hunt is short of seers.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Personally, I'd go 46 Cave and be an Evul Cave Shammy (tm). You'll quickly learn that buffing is annoying, not fun and will have alot of fun in keep defenses.

I'd go for the 47/23/16 CAM spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom