How to spec a hunter ? (new to the realm)

Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
Well im planning on starting a hunter from scratch, to play every weekend, or so ... , as i quit playing a while ago and sold my ranger,.. i want to come back and play a bit in my spare time, so i was wondering ....

Which race works out the best in the long run ? .. also .. is a hunter a wise choice for the archer class ? :)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Hunter is the only archer class Midgard has :)

I dont know what class is the best but I see mostly kobbies running around as Hunters might be due to their small size in RvR :)

I dont know any figures in my head but a tip is to specc beastcrafting so you get your first speedburst or whatever you call it :)

Think you get it at 6 in BC. Some choose to go for the second speedburst while some dont.

Usual spec on Stealth and max out Bow and the rest on spear. I should tell yuo though I am no Hunter expert I just state what I hear ppl say about the class.

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Hunters are a vary changable class,it all depends on personal choice and playstyle.
If you want to be a sniper with a high bow dmg go 50bow/44spear/35stealth rest in bc.
If you want to be an all rounder id suggest 40bow/44spear/32bc/35stealth as this gives you the best lvl41 wolf which can do decent dmg to casters on its own while you deal with a diff target.
The general spec tho is 45bow/39spear/32bc/35stealth most ppl use this spec but i have a feeling that with the introduction of the free repsecs in NF a lot of hunters will sacrifice bc and go to the 50 bow spec as most of the fights in NF will be keep fights due to bein able to teleport to your keeps now rather than have to run around,also boats will negate the need to run everywhere thus reducing the hunters solo running targets :(
I personally play the 40bow/44spear/32bc/35stealth spec as i enjoy a good fight as well as shooting and the 44 spear with the 41 pet are a dangerous combo to even the toughest of opponents.
Oh and i play a dwarf hunter as they are slightly tougher in melee due to the extra str/con they get over the kobbies.From what ive read kobbies are the much better choice for lower lvls but dwarfs and norse are the better higher lvl choices,not sure about valks tho.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
When we get NF Im respecing to:
50 bow
44 spear
34 stealth (aim for 50 including + from rr and 11 from SC. I'll respec when I hit rr7 so I get 33 stealth and 17 BC)
15 BC

Range >>> all in NF

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Read www.critshot.com for the best templates, the one you seem to be aiming for is more for melee, which isnt such a good idea imo due to our crap HP table. Heres mine, although I wish mine was a norseman instead of a kobbie now.

45 Bow (Sure shot + 75% PBT penetration)
35 Stealth (RR5 gives +15 = 50)
39 Spear (Rear stun style)
32 BC (Not bad boofs, decent "run away" spell, L41 insta pet, in NF the anti stealther wolfpack!!)

Theres plenty of +range and +dmg artis out there, but an arse to get - scrolls getting harder to find for Bences Letters, Mariashas gloves are uber rare to spawn, Braggarts bow is a pain in the bum, GSV is an arse to level till 1.71 etc etc.

Theres more info on the newbie section of this forum too, with other templates worth checking out.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Create a kobold... 15dex 10con or something... borrow a SM... go to moderna.. stay there for 2-3 days, then you are lvl 50. Spec 50spear, 45bow, 35 stealth (6bc if u wish).. there, u done.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
Create a girly dorf... 10Str 10dex 5 quick 5con or something... borrow a SM... go to moderna.. stay there for 2-3 days, then you are lvl 50. Spec 50spear, 45bow, 35 stealth (6bc if u wish).. there, u done.

Corrected some stuff for u :p

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
Create a kobold... 15dex 10con or something... borrow a SM... go to moderna.. stay there for 2-3 days, then you are lvl 50. Spec 50spear, 45bow, 35 stealth (6bc if u wish).. there, u done.
50 spear and no str?? If you sacrifice 10 str to get 5 dex it sure looks like your main weapon is bow and it should be with NF inc imo.

And again
range >> all
so 50 bow 4tehwinn!!!1!

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Dont put +str on creation unless you go sword.
1 dex = weaponskill for bow and spear
1 str = weaponskill for spear or sword.

for spear damage it is better to cap dex and have less str then almost cap dex and have some more str.

str+dex/2 is some sort of formula that seems correct.

My statement is if you have:

1:
100 dex
100 str
or
2:
120 dex
80 str

the result is the same in effective ws, but after a infil or ns have str/con debuffed you example 2 will be the best choice obviously since only str will be removed and your ws will be less affected.

And bow is 100% dex + dex helps you evade more.

Not sure if there are any hunter with capped dex (450?), im not...

Con+Dex is the only thing to play around with at creation.
Quickness is easy to cap and most hunters can reach that easy, atleast kobolds :cheers:
Str is some fluff to raise after dex is capped already imo nomatter if you are max bow or spear.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Brevis

Fledgling Freddie
I am currently 50 bow, 44 spear, 35 stealth, something rest in bc :)

When NF gets here Im respeccing to sword to see what thats like.
After some duels with a sword hunter, both buffed and unbuffed fights I have decided that sword might be a better option.
Atleast it packed alot more punch and have better styles, except ofcourse Razors edge and Odin's wrath :)
I might not like it after a week but then I can alsways go back :)

Spec in NF, 45 bow, 50 sword, 35 stealth, something in bc :)

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Spix said:
Correct me if Im wrong.

Allright I will ;)

Spix said:
for spear damage it is better to cap dex and have less str then almost cap dex and have some more str.

str+dex/2 is some sort of formula that seems correct.

Accualy, as far as I know it is (str+dex)/2, thus rising strength one point gives just as much weaponskill as rising dex. That being said, bow is 100% dexbased and according to some test, dex (and qui) affects evaderates.

Spix said:
My statement is if you have:

1:
100 dex
100 str
or
2:
120 dex
80 str

That is not correct since 1 point in a stat after having put 10 in it allready doesnt cost 1 point. Thus, the (standard) alternatives are 15 dex 10con or 10str 10dex 10con at creation. The first of the two providing slightly higher bow WS, while the second gives slightly higher spear WS.

When it comes to caprising items, go primarily dex for obvious reasons ;)

Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
I started by putting :-

10 dex, 10 qui and 10 str ... (gonna be a norse using bow/spear)

would i be better off putting 15 dex and 15 con then ?

Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
just remade to :

10 con, 10 dex, 10 qui ....

sounds better to me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom