how to RP a saracen infi

D

doneagle

I've been wondering how i can roleplay a saracen? Is there a different way of speaking? Kobolds always talk in plurar, a troll is stupid, ...

What is a saracen? I've been composing a background for my char but i'm a bit in the dark about the race saracen. My information about them is very limited !

would be gratefull for some help.

K

Khalen

Check the movie Robin Hood with Kevin Costner. There's a Saracen in it also, well not an assassin.. Assassin are an evil class. But to be honest it's you that makes the char not a race ;)

J

Jiggs

saracens would be careful & cautious with a limited education due to picking pockets on the streets since age 3? the filthy backstabber style?

britons would be the slightly more upfront and patrotic ones? the james bond reckless style?

who knows?

M

matax

Originally posted by Jiggs
saracens would be careful & cautious with a limited education due to picking pockets on the streets since age 3? the filthy backstabber style?

britons would be the slightly more upfront and patrotic ones? the james bond reckless style?

who knows?

Nice stereotypes ! ;)

L

loxleyhood

Historicly Saracens are an arabic people who inhabited Egypt and the Middle East, and at a time, the most advanced civilization on Earth, using gunpowder, astronomy and advanced medicine, concepts completely unknown in Europe. They were a vastly rich people, as they controled all the major trade into Africa and Asia (Timbuktu, Silk Road)

So saracens would certainly be clever, have an arabic accent and would follow a primitive religion. Im not sure, but I dont think Islam had much of a following in King Arthur's time. They wouldn't follow the light of camelot anyhow.

A

Apathy

In the Olden Days, saracens went around saying "GIV INF ITAMZ PLZ!!!11" and "NE1 GOT BUFZ?" and "PL ME PLZ".

People would not hang around with them unless absolutely neccessary or they felt an enormous amount of pity.

a.

J

Jiggs

yeah lox saracen scouts maybe came from the better backgrounds BUT infils are like street urchins imo

street wise, tricky and intelligent sure, but barely literate i think :)

Y

Yoshiki[]

Rp a saracen inf

Bloodlust!... can't kill albs... kill mids and hibs.... blood...

Try to remember taht and you'll be fine:D

C

Cowled

Played baldurs gate and join the shadow-guild thing in The Docks..

:) .. pretty funny actually, fun way of talk..

J

jox

Originally posted by doneagle
I've been wondering how i can roleplay a saracen? Is there a different way of speaking? Kobolds always talk in plurar, a troll is stupid, ...

What is a saracen? I've been composing a background for my char but i'm a bit in the dark about the race saracen. My information about them is very limited !

would be gratefull for some help.

To roleplay a saracen...hm..how about;

- HELP, RUN, ONE SB AND WE ARE ONLY 7; RUN!!!

That would be very roleplayish :)

B

belth

Re: Re: how to RP a saracen infi

Originally posted by jox

To roleplay a middie...hm..how about;

- HELP, RUN, ONE INFIL AND WE ARE ONLY 7 WITHOUT BUFFS; RUN!!!

That would be very roleplayish :)

Now that's the truth, innit :)

K

kirennia

SB's r simpletons to kill :D TBH jox, it's probably the other way round a.k.a.7 SB's running :p

B

belth

Originally posted by Hatt

I think he's cute atleast, kinda ok guy.
Whatabout yourself?

Don't think anyone wants your attentions here. Maybe Jox the Pox wants your attentions?

D

doneagle

strange,

a topic about RP a saracen Infi has been changed to a SB - Infi discussion.

A

Aule Valar

there is one major benefit to being a stealther, when a silly beggar comes up to you just stealth
did this today in archibalds, ran to the edge of the stairs at the top and stealthed, of falls the begger, bwahaha (and no it wasn't just asking for a few silver, but much gold, grrrr)

L

loxleyhood

Okay, because I am a very dull person, I've actualy gone and looked this up, so here is the general personality and history of the saracens in Albion:

The saracens are all followers of the Knight Sir Palomides of Baghdad. Depending on which story you read Sir Palomides kidnapped a Hibernian princess with whom he was in love with, or he won the love of the princess of Baghdad by slaying some demon, either way he ends up bring a lot of his family and people with him to Albion, much like modern times. (Im not in the mood for political correctness right now.)
Sir Palomides was considered one of the strongest and most noble of all the knights, but at the time following the death of King Arthur, he is despised.
He fought against being baptised until the grail quest and helped Lancelot rescue Queen Guinevere who was about to be burned for adultery, for this at the time of DaoC Sir Palomides is in exile in Brittany, but the Bretons have given him Duchey there.

Im sure thats more information than anyone wanted to know, but nevermind, I just like history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom