How to reroll us servers!

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Prompted from this:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/general-discussion18/222779-starting-us.html#post3245844

Ok, from the occasonal people who are asking how to roll on us servers, I decided to make a short guide before i go to bed!

Ok, 1st off your going to need to change your client to the us one to do this you
1)Go into your hdd with cama installed
2)Go into the cama folder
3)Locate the updater.dat file
4)Right click and open with notepad
5)You will see the following:

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/labyrinth/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/labyrinth/mpatch.dat

6)select all of this and delete it.
7)copy and paste this:

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat

8)note that if you are using catacombs client, or darkness client, you replace labyrinth in the above with either *darkness* or *catacombs*
- I cant remember the one for toa client , but im guessing its *atlantus*

9) you run your updater as you normally would and let it patch up to the current patch (some 50 years ahead of GOA)

Now that your client is updating to us you will want to make a account, for this you will go to here Dark Age of Camelot This basically gives you the cd key you need to make a account with - if one dosnt work you just try another untill one works!

In order to enter these codes you will need to click the "new account" button where the cama launcher asks for your account name and password, it will ask you for all of the usual stuff and your credit card number after.

If your like me and just want the 14 days no hassle, just pop in a used prepaid ccard number and it will close after the 2 weeks, or (not tested this myself so pls dont blame me if it dosnt work) after entering your ccard numbers, pick no renew amount - or if that aint there just go into your account payment scheme and press close account (should run out the 14 days before it closes) all of your account related jive is built into the client - so dont worry about the 5hour flash riddled site loading up!

Now, you have a account with a name you chose (joy) a password you chose also (thank you sweet jesus) and are free to roam in US servers!

Finally - worth a note - the free account is catacombs only - if you update your lab or darkness client this will not work with the free trial (unless you purchase the addon for about 24Euros (DR and LAB together)!

Enjoy and hf!

atos

Fledgling Freddie
New UI was made to make it harder to windowdrag iirc. So its a godo change.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
New UI was made to make it harder to windowdrag iirc. So its a godo change.

yes it does. it stops the likes of magon, avia, saurmann and other facing you and laggin twenty feet forward, mezzing you and then going back twenty feet due to lag and being out of range. finally and good change from mythic.
now all they need to do is fix the rest :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Couldn't patch my Euro LoTM copy I have had on the Vista so I needed to redownload the files. Wasn't too happy with the download speeds, so I've put up my own mirror, in case you need to download some of the files from Mythic and want uncapped speed (100 Mbit/s), here you go:

1. 14 Day Trial - MD5: 7b15e619b28a3bce7ca1a455c217b09a
2. Trial to Catacombs - MD5: 50ea2664eb7320a8c7e45eed37a810ae
3. Catacombs to Darkness - MD5: 37b7611b905b7944772eafbc3e7d7063
4. LoTM - MD5: 6d5699571a7adc03ab61b9f6dff35cd4

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
new ui is deadly tbh, still get the odd laggers but not as much..

btw

roll morded :flame:

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Mordred is worse then Camlann from a lameness pov. Pretty good server to be on.

Not enough people though

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
i was thinkin of tryin the us trial for a few hours, cause limors server is too crowded atm 2200 atm and insta rvr in hib...
i tried dlin from manisch but after two tries the file was corrupted.
i finally dl the trial and the cata xpation.
but i cant update patcher...
is there anything i can do b4 i pl the 21st char in limors?
:drink:

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
Couldn't patch my Euro LoTM copy I have had on the Vista so I needed to redownload the files. Wasn't too happy with the download speeds, so I've put up my own mirror, in case you need to download some of the files from Mythic and want uncapped speed (100 Mbit/s), here you go:

1. 14 Day Trial - MD5: 7b15e619b28a3bce7ca1a455c217b09a
2. Trial to Catacombs - MD5: 50ea2664eb7320a8c7e45eed37a810ae
3. Catacombs to Darkness - MD5: 37b7611b905b7944772eafbc3e7d7063
4. LoTM - MD5: 6d5699571a7adc03ab61b9f6dff35cd4

Thanks ... getting over 1MB/s :)

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
I tried the US servers then noticed i had 1ish sec delay aswell as the fucking horrible new UI

Roll german servers, its quite easy too play there if you join a guild with some other english players, usualy someone know what that item / spell etc etc is called in german

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom