How to: Reg. SI !

M

MesS°

Well this is how i did anyway...
( took about 15min lastnight at about 20:00 CET )

1. Load in http://www.camelot-europe.com ( waited to i could see the account icon See 2. )

2. Hit account... ( If u get 2 logon page See 4. else See 3. )

3. Hit the back button on ur browser ( See 2. )

4. Enter login/pass hit submit...( If u get 2 sub. page See 6. else see 5. )

5. Hit the back button on ur browser ( See 4. )

6. Enter CD key then Activate... ( If u get the updated page go play the game else See 7. )

7. Hit the back button on ur browser ( See 6 or go to http://forums.barrysworld.com/ and whine ur ass off )

Or (sponsored by Tohtori):

1. WAit for a few days.

2. Register.

Btw hitting refresh on a error page for 13 hours does what u ask it to do... ( refresh the error page for 13 hours )
and to ppl who say thay tried for 13hours...
hmmm common ppl get a life...( by this i dont mean make a new char )

[Edit] added Tohtori´s option

L

-Lonewolf-

Thanks for the work around, crude but does what it says on the tin

Anyone else tries it and it works post here

F

Flimgoblin

ain't really a workaround :) it's just sensible...

other things to try:

If the form won't submit your CD key by clicking 'validate'
click on the input box and hit enter, this should submit it (depending on server load it may take a while - so check if your browser is doing stuff before you resort to the other options)

If you try and login and get booted back to 'sorry the server is down' then you've got the wrong username/password. Once you've got the login prompt you're in.

L

-Lonewolf-

We really are helping eachother out here great to see the community pulling together to help eachother

Cheers Flim ur a gem

T

tripitaka

I managed to reg 2 accounts yesterday.

1 > Clicked account - either got error on page, clicked back on browser

2 > Clicked account - most of the time i got the account / subs momentarily unavailable... LOL @ 'Momentarily'...

3 > But the account side bar still stayed, so i just kept clicking it for 5 minutes str8 until i got the login page.

4 > I then registered no problems with 1 account.

Had a few more problems doing teh other account tho, as entering login and password would tend to bring up an 'error - page not found' every time. back to step 1 ...

I managed to have both copies registered by 10 pm last night.

O

old.Nikolas

I tried from about 6(GMT) last night, I keep getting the same message over and over.

I actually got to the registration page, and entered my serial it said it was active, then another message said incorrect serial :(

I tried to play SI and no luck, went back to the account page same old message, so I went to the pub :(

I guess they are a bit jammed atm, I will try from work.

M

MesS°

Just got my filty hands on another copy of "SI" so ill try my 2nd account tonight...

to those out there still hitting "refresh" keep up the good work, might save me some time trying to log on tonight... ;)

O

old.Nikolas

My pc is a bit daft at work, and I cant see the links on the left to the account page, as its just a white box.

does anyone know the account url? so at least i can have a go from work?

T

Tilda

/cry
say there trying to put my password in for 2 hours, then i realised id been using the wrong password :(
but the right one in and it worked first time :)

Tilda

S

Shadowmag

Can someone tell me why the hell when i enter my SUBSCRIPTION password(triple checked its the right one) and my login(triple cheked too) in the account page i cant access my account and im transfered to the page not workin message?Customer support aint workin atm (dont belive GOA) so wht am i supposed to do?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Nikolas
My pc is a bit daft at work, and I cant see the links on the left to the account page, as its just a white box.

does anyone know the account url? so at least i can have a go from work?

billing.camelot-europe.com

O

old.Tohtori

How to: Reg. SI !

1. WAit for a few days.

2. Register.

S

Shadowmag

ohh yeah GOA possibly changed my subscription password cuz when i enter wrong 1 just to c wht happens i get the sane result

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Tilda
/cry
say there trying to put my password in for 2 hours, then i realised id been using the wrong password :(
but the right one in and it worked first time :)

funny thing...
That worked for me 2... and i only typed in the wrong password 30min... ;)

V

Vivishade

:( you lucky fools i even type in the right password (i am 100% sure its right, checked email and everything)
but it ses password is invalid what shall i do please?

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Shadowmag
Can someone tell me why the hell when i enter my SUBSCRIPTION password(triple checked its the right one) and my login(triple cheked too) in the account page i cant access my account and im transfered to the page not workin message?Customer support aint workin atm (dont belive GOA) so wht am i supposed to do?

Basically the subscription pages sit on the same server as the link pages. Which means that you still have the same percentage chance of being overloaded when trying to confirm the password as you did when trying to actually get the logon page.

It took me about 60 minutes of ctrl-v ing my password into the book and pressing enter, then pressing back on the browser and repeating every 2 seconds to actually get to the validation page....

There are much more sensible ways of spreading the load on this.... However I'm not sure they thought about them...

I remember logging in first time when I first bought DAOC on teh day of release.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom