How to price ROG items

T

thucram

hiya , im gona sell lotsa rog stuff, but dunno how to price em.
Isn't tthere some formula like util * 2 or something ?

C

-chancer-

people try to sell for too much normally imo for some easyily obtainable items

B

belth

Getting a 2nd ROG item with the same stats however, isn't easy ;)

Only 50+ uv items with 95+ quality are something to pay lots of money for though, as there's most likely something cheaper/quested/etc to replace the lower UV/quality ones.

T

Tualatin

What does the quality have to do with a ring then? (I always asumed nothing, correct me if i'm wrong)

B

belth

Lower quality items wear down faster, and in the case of ROG items and SC-template, you're kinda f00ked when that "nice" 89 quality item is at 70 condition and 0 dura.

D

DeaD GuRu

salvage / trinket / see how much you gain / buy better

U

uglymug

and how much do you have to play to have a item drop from 100 dur to 0 ? ...a freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeking long time

M

medowind

Ok lets invent a bogus mathematical thorium

Skills
SX x 100

Resists
RY x 30

Hits
HX x 10

Stats
SX x 20

Total x quality / 1000

So a …..
5 parry = 500
25 hits = 250
18 dex = 360
7 body resist = 210
Ring at 85 quality would be 1320 x 85 / 1000 = 113 starting gold bid, always round up.

B

belth

Originally posted by uglymug
and how much do you have to play to have a item drop from 100 dur to 0 ? ...a freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeking long time

Depends on what you're doing. Getting hit? Wears down. Hitting? Wears down. Item higher level than you? Wears down faster, etc.

It's not a "freaking" long time for low quality items, but rather fast compared to quested/crafted 100% items... Intensive PvE will wear down items faster than intensive RvR apparently though.

S

syri

it'd be a nice idea to work out a method, based on qual, level, util and bonus. no idea what sort of formula you'd use, but i think those are the most important factors that you can base a formula on.
Or we could just go by how many characters are in the name of the item ;p

M

medowind

The problem is people want different things a high utility item might be considered worthless

Say 10 shild, 10 2hand,

I recon my way would work better just needs tweaking,
;p

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by belth
Depends on what you're doing. Getting hit? Wears down. Hitting? Wears down. Item higher level than you? Wears down faster, etc.

It's not a "freaking" long time for low quality items, but rather fast compared to quested/crafted 100% items... Intensive PvE will wear down items faster than intensive RvR apparently though.

Doesnt it also depend on whos wearing it too??

My items and Armour on my necro (Cept for staff) are wearing "Not at all" quite nicely thanks :p

B

belth

Originally posted by quinthar
Doesnt it also depend on whos wearing it too??

My items and Armour on my necro (Cept for staff) are wearing "Not at all" quite nicely thanks :p

A necro doesn't get hit that much, now does he? :p

D

deadkid

Some unique drops are lvl 50 92 qua and 0 bonuss... u assume that bonuss has any influence here too? would be good if u share your theories with poeple about it
thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom