How to play the infil... another question ;)

R

ReaLX

Ok, i started another alt ;) (prolly never make my arms 50 hehe) and this time it's an infil (yayayaayyayayaya i know....... stop it already :p)

And while playing I got some questions:
- How does DW work? What are the damage factors? Why/when use DW styles?
- Can u also DW/dual swing when NOT using DW styles?
- What is best to use in RH/LH ? fast? slow? why ?
- Is it better to use normal thrust styles or DW styles?
- Is it smart to autotrain stealth? I wanna try my infil out in bg's with enough stealth, so is it worth it?

No moaning about picking an infil as an alt ok ? ;)

T

Tobold

fs enough inf alts :(

dw is generally not the way to go as inf (imo) the vast number of infs are thrust specced (for Dragonfang) also going for 18dw for Obscure (high defence bonus) to evade (for df) is good.
training DW increases your offhand damage cap (or lowers varying damage, can't remember which), and increases chance to hit more often (with your offhand), only the last style is decent imo, as the stun is after an after-block style (which you can't do as a dual wielder)

yes (remember even at dw:1 and with high dex you can dw quite often, also +DW from items will increase your chance to dual swing)

autotraining stealth is your opinion, you can prob survive with no stealth for abit, but if your heading for BG i wouldn't bother anyway (i didn't autotrain my inf, he turned out fine and not gimped! :spin: )

my inf uses tranq-->wyvern until evade when its df-->hamstring chain. or garrote-->archilles heel.

that any help? no idea about RH/LH weapons im afraid, use slow ones to hit hard, fast ones to hit less hard ;D (i use two longdirks, works fine)

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Tobold
training DW increases your offhand damage cap (or lowers varying damage, can't remember which), and increases chance to hit more often (with your offhand

Just to clear up some stuff.
Dual Wield spec only increases your chance to fire the offhand if I'm not mistaken. DW spec does no damage modification. Thrust/Slash spec increases weaponskill, minimum damage and thus tightens variance, the Critical Strike specline increases cap damage with critical strike styles.

yes (remember even at dw:1 and with high dex you can dw quite often, also +DW from items will increase your chance to dual swing)

Dex does not affect dual wield. Each point in DW increases chance to fire the offhand by a fixed 0.5%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom