How to patch your US client to EU

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Follow these steps

Download the EU installer from here

Chronicles of Camelot

Install it, let it update the .exe and start patching.

Close it once you have login.dat, update.dat and the camelot.exe (takes a few seconds) copy/paste these 3 to your desktop, or wherever

Copy the contents of your US folder, whichever one you are up to on EU, DR, Laby etc to the location you are installing it.

Copy/paste the 3 above mentioned files back into the folder, overwriting the US versions.

Run the .exe

The patch should say somewhere in the region of 37-38meg

done.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
anyone know a way to play on an account which doesnt have DR or LOTM? without paying the £7 they charge to upgrade

you cant use any other client afaik, GOA strikes again :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Same problem on all 4 accounts bud. They could have flagged all accounts to have access to all expansions tbh. :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Someone told me they had an option to update for free.. i take it you dont?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Someone told me they had an option to update for free.. i take it you dont?

Nope not seen anything like that. From what I can gather it seems Mythic offer that though. GOA still want a cd-key on the accounts page. :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You got an option to pay for it? :|

Only via the Laby ordering page, not the accounts. That just asks for the cd-key. Why oh why can't they just flag all accounts as having all expansions or just remove the expansion check full stop?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
In the process of checking, back soon.

Update : of the 4 accounts I can log into 3 and they all have Darkness Rising enabled. Annoying that Mythic have enabled Laby for free but GOA have not. :(

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
cant log into my main account, same error.

Bloody gay! Is there a client I can use?!

PozZ!

Loyal Freddie
Getting something along the lines of

"You are not authorized to use this expansion"

after selecting game server and its loading..

downgraded from US and says loading v1.95 etc. not sure what the problem is..

using DR client with DR enabled too :s

megadave

I am a FH squatter
yeah im having that problem on one account but not another, both have DR enabled and im using the same DR client

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
anyone know if its possible to get a new password sent,old email address doesnt exist anymore

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
anyone know if its possible to get a new password sent,old email address doesnt exist anymore

Quote from GOA:

If the e-mail address associated with your account is no longer valid, you will need to send a request through our Subscription service by writing to the following address Subscription@goa.com, providing as many details as possible (your name, address, old e-mail address, names of your characters and their servers, etc.)

If you can find your old CD keys, that's probably the safest bet to get the account back.

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie
Have to say I don't know any software service provider that can't let you change your e:mail address if you can actually sign on with your password. It is the most retarded thing ever. Moved companies 2 years ago and I'd set my work e:mail up as the default. Can I update anything - nope.

Thank god Mythic are now running the show, I'll actually be able to sign on with one I know instead of some spasctic generated one whooppee!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah its a bit daft. I can't remember the email address for my buffbot (I made some random account because GOA's system wouldn't let you have 2 accounts on 1 email!) All I know is the user name.

Still, got my main account back which is good enough. Won't take long to level another BB, depends if Mythic do the right thing though, cba to play on a dead UK server or an EU cluster with Germans and French.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom